shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a "pricesope" for real estate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pousevrika

Rough_Rock
Did my research here when ring shopping. I bought the ring, proposed and she accepted. We are very excited and looking forward to starting our new lives together. Next on the list is deciding where to live.

I was wondering if you guys knew of any website community like pricescope, centered around real estate. If not, I would also appreciate any websites you guys have used to find houses/condos for sale. My google results all seemed like sites trying to get me to pony up monthly fees to become a member without giving me any good info. I''m in NY if that helps.

Any ideas?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try realtor.com. That will give you info on what''s on the market (although the site is not as current as the site that realtors can see, so for instance you''ll pull up listings that are "available" when in reality they are already under contract, just not yet closed.) I don''t know of any sites that give you genuine realtor information except realtor sites, and to get on those you have to be a realtor.

What about contacting a realtor in the area that you''re interested in and having him/her run a search for you, and then put you on an automated search. That way you''ll get the current listings and new things that come on the market in your area will be automatically sent out to you through a nightly cycle. And if you aren''t ready to buy at this time and are just learning about the market let the realtor know that so they can set you up for the searches but not hound you.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay offers good advice. We used a Long & Foster agent, and they have a good web-site for what you''re looking for...giving you addresses, too, which Realtor.com may not. You can probably use L&F without partnering with an agent, but getting your agent to automatically send you updates, based on your requirements, is pretty cool.

Initially, I thought you meant a talk forum like this one. In that case, I found GardenWeb a bit helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results