shape
carat
color
clarity

LOOKING for a One Carat Round Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

annagarcia

Rough_Rock
Please if anyone can help me. I am looking for a one carat round diamond. With Very good clarity and color. My budgut is around $5,500

Thanks in Advance

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

annagarcia

Rough_Rock
What if I want to go up to 1 1/2 carats?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock

1 1/2 carats will be next to impossible to swing with your budget if you are looking for a great cut stone. However, 1 carat diamond with your budget is definitely feasible. The stone that Kim N posted looks nice...you could even drop down a color and clarity grade or two.

Remember cut is the most important C!

3.gif
Hope this helps!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
This is the biggest well-cut stone I could find on your budget:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1335322.htm#

It's a 1.22, I, SI1...it looks gorgeous!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 6:19:29 PM
Author:annagarcia
Please if anyone can help me. I am looking for a one carat round diamond. With Very good clarity and color. My budgut is around $5,500

Thanks in Advance
How much do you know about diamonds?
It sounds like you need to do a little research so you can figure out exactly what is important and what you want.
The first thing you need to know is that CUT(and I am not talking about shape), not color, and especially not clarity is what makes a diamond spakle. From there I would start reading as much as you can. (I would reccomend starting with the advanced tutorial on this site.

$5,500 is a fantastic budget for a 1 carat round (but not for a decent 1.5) so once you figure out exactly what you are looking for in a stone, I am sure you will be able to find something fantastic.

good luck

Mike

Jesse66

Rough_Rock
dont mean to hijack this thread but I am also looking for a Round diamond between .93 & 1.0 carat but my budget is around $4500 for the center stone. Whats is the best I can get for that?

Thanks!

Caratcutter

Rough_Rock
Finding a diamond in the 90 to 1.00 ct range for the amount you are looking to spend is not that hard, however, the diamond will not be the type of quality that you probably want her to wear.

I always reccomend that you buy a diamond of good cut and quality based on what you want to spend, not on size.

Most independent jewelers will always work with you by "trading up" a previous purchase to a diamond that is larger, just shop around and ask this very important question: "If I come back in five years and want to get a bigger diamond will you take this diamond I am purchasing today in trade for the larger stone?" Independents will say yes...most chain stores will say..no.

So if you want a 1.00 ct for 4500.00 plan on getting a stone that is either low on the color and clarity scale or not proportionally cut.

Hope that helps

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 7:41:00 PM
Author: JDgirl
This is the biggest well-cut stone I could find on your budget:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1335322.htm#

It''s a 1.22, I, SI1...it looks gorgeous!
LOL! That was one I was contemplating myself. But I really want to stick with G/H or better. Afraid that "I" will be a touch on the yellow side when seen from the side. Probably would be fine in a yellow gold setting though ... and it really is a gorgeous stone!
26.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
A well cut I colored round will not have any noticeable color from the sides..IMO its only for me anyway that at J color did I start to notice a little tint from the sides. It''s much easier to detect color in fancies but rounds mask warmer colors so well.

I have an H color Jubilee that is just as white as could be viewed from the side. It was only when viewed with another D colored Jubilee that mine was just a little bit ''warmer.''

HTH
35.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
My stone is an I, and yes, I can see just the slightest hint of yellow from the side, BUT only when I put the stone against a white background. That's something I won't be doing on a normal basis, so I'm not bothered by it. And, my setting will be platinum. If you are going with a yellow gold setting, I definitely wouldn't hesitate getting an I color and more size, but it really depends how color sensitive you are. I am color sensitive, and can tell even one grade difference when viewing stones, but I'm also practical enough to convince myself that it won't bother me, especially because my stone won't be put side by side with other stones on a normal basis either.

And Jesse, these would be in your budget, I'd take a look at these stones and find out if the first two are eye clean, and if the color of the third bothers you:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1773010.htm# (.94, F, SI2)

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1958363.htm (.96, E, SI2)

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2045522.htm# (.99, I, VS2)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results