shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a great antique style wedding band.... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:07:10 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 2/1/2009 2:55:42 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 1/29/2009 3:08:44 PM
Author: akmiss
Thanks for the link beau
1.gif

Just an update, the rings from circa1930s.com CANNOT be made larger
8.gif

I really had my heart set on this band but it didn't turn out and I got my email reply earlier today.
www.circa1930s.com/c30shop/wband6/lwb172-flwswl/lwb172-flwswl.htm

I am going to bid on one of the eBay finds listed in this thread but I am not saying which one. Lurkers, they are everywhere
23.gif
That's my favourite band from circa1930's! I have it saved for future reference. I'm waiting to see my newly set halo ring, to see if this band will 'match' the ring. It's gonna be a looooooooong 3 week wait!
emclock.gif
I'm curious Beau - you've said repeatedly in this thread and others how vintage style isn't your taste - did you have a change of heart?
This band looks very vintage inspired to me
33.gif
NOPE..I do NOT like vintage style e-rings..no change of heart here. I simply like the contrast between high polished gold,(which most of my new ring will be) paired with either a diamond band, or patterned band. I don't think this particular band (when on my finger) will look vintage. I just want a narrow band (something different looking) that doesn't have hearts or flowers all over it!! I think this particular pattern will look good next to a gold shank with a few diamonds on it. BUT..I am waiting for the wax, before I can tell for sure. Besides..these rings are so narrow in real life, you can't tell what the pattern is, unless someone grabbed a magnifying glass. The focus will still be on the main diamond of my e-ring! Sooooooo exciting..so many choices !!
18.gif
I also like these type bands for stacking with my plain band, Again, it looks different, adds interest to the stack!!
19.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
fair enough !

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
TG! the first ring you posted is perfect! It is over budget but maybe I can sweet talk my honey into buying it
2.gif
We will see! Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions and keep them coming
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful!! And the price for a platinum band is not bad. Good luck, akmiss!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you buy? Are you still looking?

This ebay one is pretty, size 8.5.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results