shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a good read?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I just finished "Couldn''t Keep It To Myself" by Wally Lamb and The Women of York Correctional Institute...and I have to admit, it''s an amazing read for anyone interested in women studies or a bunch of little autobiographies wrapped up into one book.

Wally Lamb, author of She''s Come Undone and I Know This Much Is True went to work at York teaching writing as a source of therapy for women convicted of serious crimes and what not. And he discovered this raw wealth of talent...and these women with stories to be told. Very little is about their actual crimes, due to the Son of Sam law (1977)...but its about why they are who they are, and how they got "here".

This book was published a handful of years ago...and some of the women are now dead, others released, and more still locked up. And November 11th he has the follow up "If I Could Fly Away" being released. But this book touches on some deep, moving subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results