shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a blue-green or ice blue sapphire

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you'll find THE stone at this weekend's show. At the very least, you'll get to see a huge variety of stones.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I have something a little different coming in the mail one of these days which seems promising....will post some pictures when it arrives. And this weekend is my field trip to the gem show. I think this will be good as I am kind of starting to question my search for a light colored stone - I think it will be good to exposed to a wide spectrum.
Ooooh! Can't wait for the next contender :appl:
It's good that you were able to let go of the cushion since it didn't have the same draw as the silky one obviously does - yes, pity you can't keep it.

Excellent news that you'll be going to a gem show. Don't come home with tooooo many :lol: And do make sure of the return policy if you are tempted to buy something since you will want to see it in other lighting.

We look forward to the next update!

gemseeker2012

Rough_Rock
In case you were wondering :)

I think this may be the stone! I'm interested in your thoughts. The color is absolutely stunning in sunlight and shifts to a lighter but still pretty hue indoors. In very low light its a bit silvery, but not unappealing. For an elongated stone, it really doesn't have much in the way of half/half extinction, which makes me happy. I'm wondering whether the darker areas I see are extinction?

3.3 ct, 9.7x8 depth is 4.92
Untreated Montana sapphire, Brazilian cushion cut.

050__1_.jpg
sam_0406.jpg sam_0415.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooh that looks lovely! :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks beautiful!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
We were! Or at least I was :bigsmile:

All stones will have some areas of shadow as the stone i moved and the different facets catch the light. This is quite different to half/half or an area that is always black.

It looks lovely in the gem box, is this the sort of colour you see most of the time? Did you get it at the Intergem or is this the one that was being sent?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is the personality you see most of the time? If it is evenly bright like the gem box picture, it is a keeper.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1350962680|3290590 said:
Which is the personality you see most of the time? If it is evenly bright like the gem box picture, it is a keeper.

I agree, if it looks like the gem box photo and it's the color you are after, it looks to be a very pretty stone. I have a silvery/lavender spinel and it's next to impossible to get a photo of the actual color.

gemseeker2012

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Yes, the color is most reminiscent of the gem box photo. It actually never looks like the color in the other photos in real life but almost always in photographs. Its strange. Anyway, I've had it for a while now, and I think I'm going to keep it. :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - you did it! :appl: :appl: :appl: Now when you're ready, could you please return with photographs of your finished ring?

Good luck with everything! :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please return with hand shots of your new ring when it is done. Things like that keeps us CSers motivated to help. ;)) There is no such thing as too much eye candy.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding your stone! :appl: Like the others, I can't wait to see it set either - it really does finish off the hunt for us to see the gem finally set.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love Montana sapphires. Can't wait to see the ring!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love that color. I dare say based on that photo in the box, I prefer it to the wonderful litnon inspiration stone you first posted. When you exceed your inspiration stone, you have certainly done well. Congrats. :appl: Did you get it at the gem show?

gemseeker2012

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I am very pleased with my purchase. A little part of me thinks it is TOO big, but is there such a thing? :)

To answer the questions - no, I didn't get this at the gem show. The intergem in my area was super disappointing, I walked out with absolutely nothing!

This little beauty came from this website:
http://blazengems.com/store/

I am not really sure how I even found it, to be honest, but I'm glad I did! Blaze and Shelly are great to work with and went out of their way to get my all of the photos and views I needed before ordering. I think Blaze actually goes into the mine himself, which I think is pretty cool. I like buying direct :) He also has some really pretty rough for sale, but I was too much of a chicken to go that route! If you are looking for a Montana sapphire, definitely check out his site!

The other contender in the final round was a beautiful 2 ct Asscher cut Montana sapphire. Cut by Jim Rentfrow and really stunning. It was just a bit too blue and darker than what I was envisioning. Quite beautiful nonetheless. Just returned it today if anyone is interested :) I hear he also has a couple round blue Montana sapphires that are pretty - I figured I'd throw it out here since it seems like a lot of folks are looking.

Thanks again for the help - will definitely post some ring pics when it arrives!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
You mentioned an MC2 inspiration, is this still happening? Do you have a jeweller lined up?

gemseeker2012

Rough_Rock
Well, I did speak to Denise at Brian Gavin about it, and she seems to think it is doable. I'm also toying with the idea of a split shank halo for it, but I'm not sure if it is going to look too huge. That was my original setting plan until I came across that little beauty at MC2 :)

I'm going to send out a couple more enquiries, just to make sure the pricing quote I'm getting is reasonable. I'm currently scouring PS for the name of a jeweler someone threw out once that they were really pleased with. I believe it was a woman who did custom work. I remember when I looked her up in the past, I could only find her on facebook. If anyone reads this and knows who I'm talking about, please chime in! :D

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Another enquirer used the MC2 as inspiration for a sapphire custom made ring but I can't remember who now and don't have time to search as I'm due out. If you can't find it with the search function I'll have a look tonight.

Do you mean JKT Julia Kay Taylor? Check the vendors thread at the top of the forum but I believe she booked well ahead.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very pretty! I love the color! I can't wait for the shots of the completed ring!

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Love it! It is huge, but it is gorgeous!

I hope you come back with lots of pictures of the completed ring! I can't wait to see! :lickout:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been asking around for recommendations too for quotation and was surprised to read from other PSers in RT that ERD cost less than BGD AND has better metal work with really good melees. Even when compared to other benches (including hand forged), BGD is consistently 30% more than the rest. Just something to mull over while you are in the quotation phase.

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
Very pretty Montana sapphire. I've looked at that seller in the past but their photography does them no credit, at least the stones I am interested in. Many stones look gray even though the written description is otherwise. You really did the work to communicate with them and uncovered a hidden beauty.

Did the photograph you saw online look bad? What made you decide to pursue this stone?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ima: I think your questions are answered a few replies back on this page... :))

gemseeker2012

Rough_Rock
Chrono: Yes, I'm finding that BGD is a bit on the pricey side! Thanks for the advice, will check out Engagement Rings Direct!

Ima: The photos on the website are not the greatest and yes, the stone looks nothing like it does in real life in the photo. Blaze was really good about trying his best to get me additional shots and I think he really came through. The written description of my stone was spot on. If he has something that interests you based on the written description, definitely email him and ask for more photos. He's a really nice guy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results