shape
carat
color
clarity

Looked at some EC''s today & more on Thurs/recs on settings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
I did like 1 of the 3 stones I saw today. 1.66 EC, H VS1, depth 69.7%, table 61%. VG sym & polish--GIA certed; price is around $10K. Lots of scintillation (is that the right word?). I saw a GIA certed VS2 with a big feather/something right smack dab in the middle of the table...whew!

Excited to see some more stones on Thursday. Here''s one I''m esp. excited about: 1.75 G VS2 62.4% depth, 68% table. VG polish, G sym. Def. not excited about the price. He''s asking $11,300, but I''m sure there''s some wiggle room.

This is both exciting and frustrating at the same time. Mostly in a good way, though. I haven''t even started to think about settings. I know I''d like some sidestones, but I don''t see anything I like on most of the sites listed here (blue nile, american diamond, mondera, whiteflash, and on and ON). Any other good sites for settings? I don''t particularly care for the antique/filigree look or pave. TIA for any other recs.

I knew I wanted an emerald cut, but realized quickly that finding a setting that I''d like would be sort of tough.

What sort of side stones interest you? Do you like the idea of more emerald cuts, or do you want something like a trillion?

I wish I could direct you to websites. I looked everywhere. You might hop onto, "show me the ring" and ask emerald cut owners to show you theirs.

Good luck! Mary

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Mary. I actually don''t want the look of a 3 stone ring. I do like tapered baguettes. Someone else told me to go & get some bridal magazines and look through those, so that is what I will probably do.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
if you dont want a three stone ring but like the idea of interesting side stones check out www.adascodesigns.com for ideas on side stones. I am having step cut trapezoids flanking my EC. Bullets are also very classic yet not often seen

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2005 76:30 PM
Author:amytude
Any other good sites for settings?
weddingband.com

kanemarie.com

claypot.com

stuartmoore.com

Each lists a couple dozen designers.

signedpieces.com and

estatejewels.com

list vintage jewelry by the most recognizable makers.

If you come up with one or two models that look somewhat close to the style you have in mind, chances are someone will come up with the perfect thing.
2.gif

Since you are shopping "on the ground"... how about the Ideal Scope ?
20.gif

jackpot

Rough_Rock
www.icestore.com has a good gallery of finished work to look through for some ideas.

troisib1

Rough_Rock
Amy,
Due to a broken engagement I am trying to sell an EC ring. Center stone is quite close to the specs of the diamonds you are looking at. Setting is yellow and white gold with three tapered baguettes on each side. I know this is not a site for selling diamonds, but email me if you are interested in seeing pictures of the diamond and setting and more specs on the diamond itself.

[email protected]

Good Luck!

Ben

P.S. - like I said, specs are close to the diamonds you are looking at and I am asking less than half for the diamond and setting than the prices you posted for the diamonds alone.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
I too am looking for a nice emerald cut (or at least I will be if BF can get over his fixation on RBs). I have square nails, squarish nailbeds, a square watch, a square princess cut in a pendant-I''m just not feeling the round thing. I want a rectangular shape too because Ms. Princess was from my former marriage so I have to do something different.

Have you seen the vera wang fan cut emerald solitaire with baguettes? Its on her website under jewelry bridal the second to last or last picture (can''t download it for some reason). Its very pretty but out of my league budget-wise I''m guessing. And since I''d be paying for vera I''m not sure how nice the actual stone would be. I saw a rb cut stone at BBB by her and the ring (setting) was gorgeous but the stone was blurry and if I was going to get a round I''d be getting ideal. So I might look into have Mark Morrell make something along those lines with a smaller stone and a matching baguette wedding band.

Looked at stones by Kwiat today and they were G-H. Too dark for me. But its amazing how much more stone it looks like you get for the money with an EC, whichever way you set it.

My mother has a .75 ct. EC that''s white as snow. People compliment her on that thing all the time. I guess I just grew up thinking that was what a diamond should be.

Good luck and keep us posted with what you decide to do for a setting.
Sparkling

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks--I''ve spent some time today browsing the soloman bros. web site. Talk about TONS of settings! Also checked out some of the recommended sites, thanks for those. I think I might be liking pave after all, but I need to see it in person. I''m excited for tomorrow, will def. keep you informed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results