shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at this gorgeous diamond stud and tiny Colombian emerald combo I got for my gal--- I think they look so great together.

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Hi, gang. Just wanted to share this picture of some bling I got for my girlfriend recently. The diamond studs are 0.62 total carat weight. GIA certified triple excellent. The cuts are phenomenal--- just shy of AGS 000 parameters, in fact. But I was able to bring price down dramatically by dropping down to eye-clean SI1 clarity and K color (the K color was no big deal at all since they are set in yellow gold, but the the cut is so good and the stones face up so white I think I could have gotten away with white gold settings, honestly). I had a $50 coupon at Blue Nile, and I was able to purchase the diamonds for only $720 after taxes. Considering the size and quality I think that price was a steal! And my local jeweler only charged me $100 for the 14 karat yellow gold 4-prong basket settings. They have great prices, and the settings are actually nice quality. For a pair of studs in a very respectable 4.3 mm size like this with such fantastic cuts--- and for only $820 total--- I truly don't think I could have done better anywhere else in terms of price AND quality. Oh, and the little 3mm Columbian emeralds have a really nice vibrant/glowy shine, in my opinion. The pictures don't do 'em Justice. I got those puppies for a steal--- only $30 each (it has been my experience that precious colored gemstones that are 3 mm or less are almost ridiculously inexpensive if you know where to find 'em--- it's only once you exceed 3 mm that the price starts to jump exponentially). Thankfully, my girlfriend has fairly petite ears, which certainly helps when it comes to tiny accent studs. The pics are a little blurry, unfortunately. My cell phone doesn't take the best pics. ‍‍

What do you think, gang? Did I do good?

IMG_20240421_153943561.jpg

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Hi, gang. Just wanted to share this picture of some bling I got for my girlfriend recently. The diamond studs are 0.62 total carat weight. GIA certified triple excellent. The cuts are phenomenal--- just shy of AGS 000 parameters, in fact. But I was able to bring price down dramatically by dropping down to eye-clean SI1 clarity and K color (the K color was no big deal at all since they are set in yellow gold, but the the cut is so good and the stones face up so white I think I could have gotten away with white gold settings, honestly). I had a $50 coupon at Blue Nile, and I was able to purchase the diamonds for only $720 after taxes. Considering the size and quality I think that price was a steal! And my local jeweler only charged me $100 for the 14 karat yellow gold 4-prong basket settings. They have great prices, and the settings are actually nice quality. For a pair of studs in a very respectable 4.3 mm size like this with such fantastic cuts--- and for only $820 total--- I truly don't think I could have done better anywhere else in terms of price AND quality. Oh, and the little 3mm Columbian emeralds have a really nice vibrant/glowy shine, in my opinion. The pictures don't do 'em Justice. I got those puppies for a steal--- only $30 each (it has been my experience that precious colored gemstones that are 3 mm or less are almost ridiculously inexpensive if you know where to find 'em--- it's only once you exceed 3 mm that the price starts to jump exponentially). Thankfully, my girlfriend has fairly petite ears, which certainly helps when it comes to tiny accent studs. The pics are a little blurry, unfortunately. My cell phone doesn't take the best pics. ‍‍

What do you think, gang? Did I do good?

IMG_20240421_153943561.jpg

Here's another old pic of the studs in their presentation box that I took before I presented 'em. Unfortunately, this picture turned up blurry as well. I'm so lousy at taking pictures with a cell phone. ‍‍

But I think even this picture nicely illustrates how white they face up for K color diamonds. Oh, and I'm also including images of the arrows on the stones from the website. Considering that these were just selected from Blue Nile based off imaging and cut numbers alone--- and they are NOT branded, bonafide hearts and arrows diamonds--- I think those arrows look pretty nice! I'll dig up the grading reports later and post the hard cut numbers. I actually want to thank everyone HERE for providing "The Sweet spot" numbers I used for the Blue Nile diamond search engine when searching for them in the first place. This forum is such a valuable resource. you peeps REALLY know your stuff about quality diamonds!

Screenshot_20240416-213852.png

IMG_20240328_065705831.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and elegant!!!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
They look great on her, especially for the price! So much 'look' for the budget! You did great!

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
They look great on her, especially for the price! So much 'look' for the budget! You did great!

Thanks! Yeah, even though the emeralds are tiny I was so pleased I was able to buy two pairs of quality studs that mesh well together for just under $1,000 total--- including the settings. K color diamonds can be such a tremendous value, especially once you drop down to SI1 clarity. Ya just have to be very careful to make sure the grading reports don't list "faint Brown" (I simply can't abide "brownies" no matter how good the price is ‍).

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, gang!

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Here's another old pic of the studs in their presentation box that I took before I presented 'em. Unfortunately, this picture turned up blurry as well. I'm so lousy at taking pictures with a cell phone. ‍‍

But I think even this picture nicely illustrates how white they face up for K color diamonds. Oh, and I'm also including images of the arrows on the stones from the website. Considering that these were just selected from Blue Nile based off imaging and cut numbers alone--- and they are NOT branded, bonafide hearts and arrows diamonds--- I think those arrows look pretty nice! I'll dig up the grading reports later and post the hard cut numbers. I actually want to thank everyone HERE for providing "The Sweet spot" numbers I used for the Blue Nile diamond search engine when searching for them in the first place. This forum is such a valuable resource. you peeps REALLY know your stuff about quality diamonds!

Screenshot_20240416-213852.png

IMG_20240328_065705831.jpg

Ok, HERE are pics of the GIA grading report inserts that came with the actual reports, gang. As you can see, one of the diamonds had medium blue fluorescence, which also helped to lower price (and it had no negative impact on the appearance of the diamond as far as making it look milky or cloudy). These are some REALLY nice, tight cut parameters. And of course they both scored very nicely on the HCA calculator ( I am a HUGE Gary Holloway fan, best believe--- I use my trusty little handheld ideal scope and asset scope religiously when examining loose diamonds).

IMG_20240427_030705771.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240427_030440153.jpg
    IMG_20240427_030440153.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 9
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results