shape
carat
color
clarity

Long distance woes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
hahaha. I got a good laugh out of that post!! One time I had a bonfire & the military guys suddenly decided to take turnings leaping over the bonfire! So yes, you will need some fire proof assistance! lol.

It's so funny that you mentioned the cookies & cream bc just yesterday I had to make a run to the store to buy cookies & cream ice cream! I will most def have to try that shake! Ya know, I've never been to Epcot, so that'll be a new experience for everyone.

I love getting to zap things!! hehe. So much fun!

Oooh & a good fix for farmer's tan = gradual tan lotion

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Pictures (Proofs) from our pre-engagement photo session:
(sry it'll be 1 at a time)

011AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
=]

021AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
=]

097AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
=]

107AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
=]

122AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
=]

125AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Whew! That was more tiring than I thought- We took tons of pictures & that was just a few of the good ones!

134AMY.jpg

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
gradual tan lotion may become my new best friend. and when one of the guys got his base house, at his house warming before his wife arrived, well they managed to set the porcelain sink on fire. i don''t think they''ve tried DIY flaming shots since.

that handsome guy of yours had better be telling you you''re gorgeous cause you are! and i love the color of your dress. i always try desperately to find that shade of green and lucked out for my ball dress last year (penny''s is amazing)

you two make such a wonderful couple, and you look soooooooooooo happy together!
thinking of using any of those for your announcements?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Great photos! Beautiful dress!!!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sooo...weird question.

Were you wearing stripey underoos? Or is the dress just photographing weird? I''m very distracted in the picture where you''re walking away from the photog because of weird stripes on your buttock area. But I could be crazy. I just had to ask.

(They are AMAZING pictures, though. I''m just weirdly fixed on details.)

rialaine

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for all your sweet comments!! I was really pleased with how they all turned out. We spent so much more money than we expected purchasing prints.

Squirrly-- OMG they set her SINK on FIRE?!

23.gif
haha. Wow!... FF is quite handsome, I must admit! And thank you!! I actually got that dress at penny''s too! I was really surprised to find it there.... We had such a good time taking the pictures, it was one of those days where we just felt absolutely head over heels & on cloud nine. We would like to use the one where we''re walking away from the camera for the announcements.

Trillionaire-- Thanks! I was lucky to find it. I didn''t really search at all! I was just walking thru penny''s to get to the mall & walked right past it.

Princess-- Lol. Wow, I never noticed that and I''m weird about details too! I was actually wearing black thong underwear.

31.gif
I think its just the way the dress photographed...Odd... I may have to photoshop that if we decide to use it for our announcements. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/29/FDGFBHSD901.DTL

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
that pic will make for some lovely announcements!

and yeah, thankfully she wasn''t there yet, she was due to move in in the next couple weeks. the sink looked just fine when i saw it and she got a kick out of the story the day after it happened. perhaps it''d be a good idea to register for 10 fire extinguishers...
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ria - lol. Odd that it would show up like that in the photo! These really are amazing pictures, and you two make a stunning couple.

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
More

036AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
x

051AMY2.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
x

114AMY.jpg

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
x

135AMY.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
lol. I hope thats a good wow! If so- thank you, thank you, thank you
21.gif
21.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome pictures! You two make a beautiful couple! It shows just how much in love you are!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:51:41 PM
Author: rialaine
Oh & DEF post pix of possible dresses!!!!!

so he''s requested pendleton and lejeune and as of right now feels that we won''t need to elope, unless of course when decision time comes around in sept/oct he doesn'' get stationed in the US or ends up told he''s deploying. then it''ll be over our winter trip/anniversary.

of course this will all change by next week
28.gif

so as i should be prepared for any possibility, and i could always use it for the rehearsal... yes i will go dress hunting. DEB has some short formals on sale, and i''ll scout out other places. i tried stuff at penny''s but they were a little transparent and i didn''t feel like buying a slip and an undershirt just to wear a short dress.

headed out with friends later this week, and yes will have pics
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 3:09:09 PM
Author: rialaine
lol. I hope thats a good wow! If so- thank you, thank you, thank you
21.gif
21.gif

It most definitely was. These pictures are really amazing, and you are both gorgeous (and photogenic!).

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Squirrly-- Cant wait to see pix of potential dresses!!

Princess-- Awwww youre so sweet, thanks!!!

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! I finally moved and I am in the franklin/brentwood area. WOW what a small world. I would LOVE to talk to someone that has lived and is going to be living in the same area as me (and also understands about the LIW thing). Since I have not found a way to send personal messages here, i am going to post up my email. Contact me at any time. Lord knows I have nothing going on but being in a house day in and day out ([email protected]). I hope to hear from you soon.

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! Thats awesome!! I will def shoot you an email!! Yaaaayyy!!! Finally someone in my area!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
all right, i''ve been shoved in many many dresses so the question is how many pictures do you want?
all dress pics includes shoes (many different varieties but not a different shoe per dress) except for the really long ones (no see me toes).

here are the categories:
1. short white dresses (formals and sun dresses)
2. little black dresses
3. colorful sundresses
4. long white dresses
&%$#@!. the omg why are you guys making me wear this dress.

and then there was the why are you making me wear lingere pic. but that one doesn''t go up here. not that it''s horribly revealing, it''s about the same in the front as a swim suit, but it''s zebra with pink lace. the pink lace did it in.

and before any go up, yes my bra does have lovely blue stripes. but it is the only white strapless i have. hey i need something blue, and vertical stripes are good, right?
25.gif

as of right now i have noooo clue how many dresses i was told to put on. i''m betting over 20. on the plus side i''m now really good at changing quickly.
19.gif
tell me and i shall post!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
ria and squirrrly,
i''m so glad we''re all in the same long distance boat. can we have a thread that''s all about LDR?

anyway, reading your ideas about skype and care packages and snail mail has really gotten me excited for the communication!

and ria, your photos are awesome, you two are super cute together! good looking couple!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
welcome to the boat pannini! hey if we get enough people on the boat perhaps we can upgrade to a big yacht
31.gif

perhaps this thread would work for the LDR thread? or should we start a LDR-LIW thread?
and we should have a next known visit list and definitely an end of LDR countdown!

after all, we''re going to need a place to share our ideas/frustrations/excitement. and it couldn''t hurt to as for it to be stickied once we decide on the thread.

thoughts ladies?
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results