shape
carat
color
clarity

LOL....Non-LIW Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So, for those who dont know,i work at a funeral home, and sometimes the funniest things happen like today... i had a family come in to pick up the reamins of a person, and i had to put them in urns and while putting them, the cremains ,in the urn, the bag we put the cremains in broke, and i got creamins on my desk, i got the ashes all over my hands and arms and pants.....and the phone was ringing all at the same time and my coworker was working with a family. I swear, i put the Fun in Funeral Home somedays
34.gif

End Story...lol
36.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
YIKES! I''m guessing you may be desensitized to the thought of ashes on you, since you work at a funeral home, but... holy cow, this would totally freak me out!!!

The family didn''t see the bag break, did they??

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Yes, i think i might desenstized to it. I have not been working here long, about 6 months, but my mother has been working here for 5 years and than my sister 5 years before her, so im use to it....
No, the family didnt see the bag break....thankfully, i was in my office with the door closed while doing that

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
LOL I dont mean to laugh because thats a loved one''s remains, but thats so something out of a movie!

I agree, i guess things like that must not phase you. Because I would literally FLLLIIIPPPP OUT and need to shower IMMEDIATELY! LOL

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Its okay, to laugh, lots go one behind the scenes....lol...i laighed afterwards and only things like that happen to me!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Jessie, your story reminds me of the scene with the coffee can full of cremains from The Big Lebowski! Know what I''m talking about? Hilarious!

Do you mind if I ask how you came to work in a funeral home? If I could go back, I would have going to school to become a funeral home director. It has always fascinated me. The thought of being around the deceased just doesn''t really bother me. Gosh talking about it makes me want to watch the entire series of Six Feet Under, haha.

Thanks for the story. Probably the weirdest thing I heard all day.
9.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol, the deceased''s last act of being difficult? there are some people i know right now who seem to take great pleasure in being as troublesome as possible, and i wouldn''t be surprised if something like that happened to their remains. in fact i think a couple of them wouldn''t happily pass on unless something similar happened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I got into the funeral home by my mom, BUT my mom has worked here for 5 years, and than my sister worked here 5 years before that and my first cousin, has worked here since it opened. His name actually on the buliding, they renamed it after him and the other man who has worked here for 30 something years. So i guess you could kinda of call it a family business. At the moment i work as a Family Service counselor. That pretty much means, i sell pre-arrangements and cemtery property like grave spaces, niches for cremains, markers and vaults and caskets. My mom first started in my position and has worked up to a Funeral Director position, which is what im planning on doing, while i finish school
24.gif
. I am actually following around funeral directors and helping on services when im not busy selling, so thats how i got into it. I have fixed makeup on the deceased also, but im not sure if i could emblam them and wash them, thats a bit far for me. But it is very interesting to know how they emblam someone, and the work the person goes through to make the deceased look like what they did while they were alive!
6.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Jessie... I bet you and i can share some Funeral Home stories!

I have helped out at the visitations a few times, my parents own a funeral home and i lived above it during most of my childhood!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O yes, im sure we could than!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

32.gif
2.gif

I would be very very freaked out. But I suppose it would be funny if I weren''t freaked out =)

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I''d love to do make-up for the deceased, I''m quite skilled if I have a picture to work off of- I think I would just be a little freaked out being in the room with the corpse alone- I''d be sure it would grab my arm and it''d be all over for me!

Funny story :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 5:50:35 PM
Author: Squirrly
lol, the deceased''s last act of being difficult? there are some people i know right now who seem to take great pleasure in being as troublesome as possible, and i wouldn''t be surprised if something like that happened to their remains. in fact i think a couple of them wouldn''t happily pass on unless something similar happened.

Hehehe.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oy! What a day!!
41.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I really miss the show, "Six Feet Under."

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Im thinking i may have to start a funeral home thread,because we have lots happening, Like today, someone in my department, NOT ME! didnt fill out all the paperwork for a burial and EVERYONE was running around frantic trying to fill everything out for a burial that was suppose to happen in 2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results