shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking at the below 5x7 emerald setting from LOGR. My question is, would you leave the setting 5x7 for a 5.75 x 6.75 gemstone or would you customize? I know you have some give but I''m worried the proportions might be off.

024a234109388.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know if it as nice stone, I'd see how much it may cost to upgrade the diamonds. LOGR seems to be very decent with upgrading.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, that setting tends to have a tiny bit of an airline to it if you set exactly the right size stone in the setting. I have an EC sapphire in that setting, and I wish I had gone a touch bigger on the stone. I''d definitely email and ask what he thinks, but IMO, I think your stone should be ok, if not perfect, in the setting as is.

Good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, it depends on how good your jeweller is. Mine is setting an almost 9x7 mm stone into a 8x6 mm LOGR setting.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you crasru, LTP, and Chrono! I appreciate your input. I was going to leave it as is but I was second guessing myself.
26.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A difference of opinion here. The prongs look very thick. This means that the design is made so that the gemstone will sit inside the prongs to create an airline as LTP has said. So bearing that in mind, your jeweller may have to either shave the prongs down or bend them out backwards to accommodate your stone width wise. This might mean that when the prongs are wrapped over the top of the stone they won''t look perfectly square because they''ve been moved. Length wise I don''t think it''ll be a problem. I just wanted to point that out because wonky prongs would drive some insane. A good benchman should be able to do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results