shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Setting - How flexible is this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of people have this setting and I was inspired to purchase it (one in white gold and one in rose gold). The setting is made for 7.5 mm round stone - I was wondering how flexible it is and what range of stone it can fit? I have a number of stones between 6 to 7.5 mm and haven't decided on what to set in it. Trying to decide what size to custom fit it.

LOGRRoundSettingFlexible.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmy- the one that was set in mine was a 6.6mm stone ( i did not have LOGR custom fit just bought it stock 7.5mm), I had an 8mm (I think it might be slightly larger and of course it was too large for it) then I had a 6mm stone that the jeweler said it waas too small for it, But I'm also thinking it was just the easiest for him to set this one stone (this was my first and last time probably going to them - they normally don't set outside stones and setting as I was told, but just did it as a courtesy as i was browsing their inventory
2.gif
)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would fit a 6 mm stone since the basket is deep and the jeweler can clip down the prongs. My 5mm diamond would fit in there if I almost completely remove the prongs and then it could be bezeled. Smaller stones would just sit much lower in the basket. I have a 7mm spinel that fits in there perfectly. It's really versatile. You can also remove some of the prongs to make a four prong setting, and it could accomodate a cushion that way as well. I really love this setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It also depends on the depth of your gemstone. I would guess it might fit a range of stones from at least 7 mm to 8 mm (depending on the depth).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I just got a 7.7 mm light pink tourmaline. Rose gold or white gold?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 6:21:04 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I just got a 7.7 mm light pink tourmaline. Rose gold or white gold?
Do you have a picture of the tourmaline? Does it go orange in certain lighting?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get it yet. I bought it off Chicago and I think I can dig up her photos .. I remember seeing her post pics of it.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Good question. I was thinking similarly. I''ve ordered a 4.4mm stone and was wondering if it would fit a 5mm LOGR claw setting or if it was worth paying for it to be upgraded. It''s the pave band that fits a 5mm stone.

I was also wondering what they are like with the best offers. How much lower do they accept? I was wondering what % of buy it now price do they usually accept?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
The decision of metal colour depends on the undertones, if any, and also if it colour shifts.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this setting. I think Rose Gold is neat but it doesn''t work with all stones, you''d have to place your stone next to RG to be sure. Hope you get it soon and can decide.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 5:00:51 AM
Author: SapphireLover
Good question. I was thinking similarly. I've ordered a 4.4mm stone and was wondering if it would fit a 5mm LOGR claw setting or if it was worth paying for it to be upgraded. It's the pave band that fits a 5mm stone.

I was also wondering what they are like with the best offers. How much lower do they accept? I was wondering what % of buy it now price do they usually accept?
I can tell you that I bought this setting for $159 at a BIN price, before he did a "or best offer" however he has it listed at $180 hmmm? I have put in an offer on another ring that was $219 (I think and he came back and countered $189) so hopefully that gives it somewhat of a range. I don't think you can go wrong by putting in a lower offer, he'll just counter.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks D&T. I''ll wait til my sapphire arrives before bidding on one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results