shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR setting help needed for Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just purchased an inexpensive yellow Asscher that I''m looking to put into a LOGR setting but I''m having a hard time deciding on a setting! The Asscher is ~7.5mm / 2ct.

There are a couple settings that I like but am wondering if any of you have pics of these finished with specs? Or any advice? This will be my first LOGR purchase. Any info would really help
1.gif

Settings that I''m considering...

156b.jpg

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Or...

078b.jpg

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Or...?!?
26.gif

022c.jpg

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Last one....

011ab.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think it would fit best in either the 1st or 4th setting. The sides of an asscher are too straight for the legacy style (#3). Also, if you decide to use #4, I'd see if the prongs could be split - they look divided, but not separated.

eta: I forgot to ask, what kind of yellow asscher are you getting? I'm just curious...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I know you weren''t looking for design advice, but...ditto to everything Celletani said
1.gif
No useful advice from me this time...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last one gets my vote as I was contemplating the same ring for an asscher, I love the clean lines of the last, with all the diamonds in step cuts, Its a gorgeous ring!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I like the first two a lot. the legacy one could be tough depending on the shape of your asscher. I don''t really care for the last setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever your choice, I doubt it will fit into #3 (Legacy) due to the outline of the asscher. An asscher cut is more octagonal as opposed to a square cushion.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would also chose setting #4.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Also, a few other posters have asschers in their Legacy mountings, and I think they look great. I don''t think its impossible to fit it, but it might take a reliable bench person to set it well.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a bezelled Legacy it would be almost impossible to set your asscher because there would be a hole at each corner - they do a similar setting but with prongs in (I think) a 7mm but it could be adjusted. I''m pretty sure TL mounted a Spess Asscher in one.

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! Yes, I meant to upload the Legacy setting with the prongs...my bad
3.gif

Has anyone see any of these in person or have pics/specs they can share? I did check out LTP''s collection but didn''t know where else to go from there
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results