shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR resizing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
If I included that I needed a different size and what that size was in the additional terms as part of the Best Offer (which I did), Ebay seems to state that it''s treated as part of the contract.

"Click the “Add additional terms” link to add additional terms to your offer.
Note: Any message you include as a part of your Best Offer request to the seller is treated as a part of your buying contract, and can be reviewed by eBay to make sure that it follows our policies and meets our requirements."

Under this section, I would think that the resizing should be included as part of the contract and the original amount that I put in. (And when I was submitting my best offer, I put in what I thought my best offer was, including the resizing.) It''s a change of .5 ring size.

LOGR now wants to charge resizing costs for my rings and says resizing is extra. I don''t know if he didn''t notice my terms or what. It''s not a huge cost, but as I am mostly new to EBay buying, I thought I would turn to the wise folks here. Does anyone who has bought via Best Offer have any experience with this?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did he not read your included notes when you submitted your best offer? I have sent a best offer to a different seller which also included my size, and they always come back with a counter, but I made sure that also included the resizing. I would expect him to honor the price that he agreed to when you submitted your notes too
33.gif
do you think you can ask him again that your price was to include the resizing?

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know. Maybe he didn''t. I am not trying to be difficult, and I don''t want worse quality diamonds or craftsmanship because of it. He didn''t counter offer, he just accepted the offers.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you are being difficult, I might just try one last email and say something like "oh, i thought my notes included the size in my offer?" or something like that so he can try and check, and if he's firm about the extra sizing fee, then well I'd guess I'd pay it, but not until he cofirms it. worth a try.. no i don't think he'll give you grey diamonds...lol but I know what you mean though.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this is what I did. Plus I forwarded the confirmations of my best offer which include the terms. We will see how it turns out. I think he has some very nice designs.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2009 1:00:20 PM
Author: litebrite
Ok, this is what I did. Plus I forwarded the confirmations of my best offer which include the terms. We will see how it turns out. I think he has some very nice designs.
yay! great! hope he honors it. So what design did you end up buying from him?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I submit a best offer, I assume it's for the base piece (no alterations, upgrades, etc. . . ). Therefore, if he comes back and counters with X amount of dollars, I alway pay for the sizing and upgrade costs in addition to the X dollars.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Thank you TL and D&T. TL, this is helpful to know. As I said, it''s not a huge amount of money, I just wanted to know what other people had done. And the "X" price is reasonable. I already sent the second email so I will see what he says.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Like TL, all my best offers were just for the base. You can ask to see what he will do but don''t be surprised if he cancels the whole deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results