shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR or Diamondmounts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CHUBS

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone!

I''m looking for a semi mount for my cushion and was have contracted both seller who says they can make the pave halo setting that I want but I don''t know who to trust. There''s not much info on the ebay seller Diamondmounts but loads on LOGR. I think Charmypoo got one of her ring from Diamondmounts and said the quality is great. After reading the forums on LOGR, there work turned out to be a hit or miss when it comes to customization.

One more thing, I feel more comfortable with LOGR because our communication is better because I think he speaks and writes English as a first language. Diamondmounts is from China and he replies promptly but emails are hard to read sometimes and don’t make complete sense. I know this doesn''t determine the quality of their work but I''m afraid they might not understand all of my requests.

I Would love to see rings from Diamondmounts and also your review of their work.

Thanks PSers!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHUBS

Rough_Rock
Thanks tourmaline_lover!
I''ve read not so great stuff about lan.bo4 on here so I really hope that Diamondmounts is not one of his companies. I was hopeful because I read a post that CharmyPoo posted saying she bought a ring from Diamondmounts and it was well made and it is not a part of Lan.bo4

How did your learn that Diamondmounts is one of Lan.bo4''s store?

Thanks again for alerting me, I am definitely going to do my research now to make sure that they are not the same.
35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 4:17:46 PM
Author: CHUBS
Thanks tourmaline_lover!
I've read not so great stuff about lan.bo4 on here so I really hope that Diamondmounts is not one of his companies. I was hopeful because I read a post that CharmyPoo posted saying she bought a ring from Diamondmounts and it was well made and it is not a part of Lan.bo4

How did your learn that Diamondmounts is one of Lan.bo4's store?

Thanks again for alerting me, I am definitely going to do my research now to make sure that they are not the same.
35.gif
That's odd then, because they use the same exact design, photos, as lan.bo4. I just assumed it was another of his many store id's. The upclose photos look very much like the same style and workmanship of his other pieces from other stores as well. They are also out of China.

As for bad reviews, you'll find both good and bad reviews of lan.bo4 and LOGR's. I can only speak for my experience. I only ordered one lan.bo4, and the prong fell off while they were setting it. It was not as well made as my LOGR's and the gold weight was very slim and the diamonds very small. I've been exceedingly happy with most of my LOGR's, except maybe one or two, but I found them to be of heavier construction with better diamonds. However, I'm only basing my opinion on one lan.b04 purchase, and who knows, if I ordered others, I might have been happier with them. Maybe it was bad luck on my first try.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOGR are also based in China. Stephan does speak English but it''s not perfect but he is helpful. They also have other Ebay shop names too. There are many many many photos of semi mounts bought from them on this website. I''ve posted about 6-8, Tourmaline Lover has a wide variety and queen of the legacy type setting is Laurenthepartier. If you search any of our names you''ll find a multitude of settings.

lan.bo''s settings are similar and he has about 5 or 6 other Ebay shops. People have bought from them with success but I don''t think the process was as easy as the communication has been slightly more challenging. I only recall 1 negative post about them.

The only thing I would say, with any of these companies, is that if you''re at all colour sensitive or fussy about settings then you should upgrade the diamonds. Some of LOGR''s are beautiful without upgrading, some aren''t. It''s hit and miss and you don''t know which you''ll get so it''s a lottery. Speaking from my own experience, I once returned a setting to LOGR and the process, including the refund, was smooth and timely.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re located in the United States, returns are much easier to LOGR as well. I believe he has a return office in the U.S, as well as Canada.

CHUBS

Rough_Rock
LovingDiamonds: Wow, thank you for being so informative
26.gif

tourmaline_lover: Yes I have read that returns are easier with LOGR. There''s loads of info on LOGR, I just wish there were more on Diamondmounts.

Thanks Again!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a new store beyondjewelry13, not sure if it is connected with LOGR but they have a nice cushion mounting I am looking at.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had great experiences with LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results