shape
carat
color
clarity

Lockes Diamonds in nyc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pons

Rough_Rock
DOes anyone have any experience or heard about the Lockes diamond store in the Time Warner Building in NYC? i''ve passed by, it seems nice and small, much more of a botique/personalized place. Their website looks really good too -
http://www.lockesdiamonds.com/

any thoughts?

pons

happy new year!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dont know of them.

If I was in NY id make a trip out to Good Old Gold before I bought if nothing else it would be a very education visit.
If you decide too go, make an appointment so they can give you the full course.
www.goodoldgold.com

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t know them either - I hope the jewelry looks as nice in person as the very, very nice stuff on their website.

You may have seen the claim that they are ''supported'' by a DTC Sightholder... I think that is DDM, the company behind the Daniel K brand etc. If not wrong, I would expect some very nice diamonds from them.

Chances are not everything in the store would look as good as the branded cut cushion and Asschers I have in mind. Seeing is believing, as usual.

Perhaps they do not use the ''Harts and Arrows'' name calling for their round brilliants - but this doesn''t have to be bad. Not everyone does the same branding, of course.

Best of luck!
1.gif

About Good Old Gold Strm mentions. I am pretty sure you can book an hour or so of high tech intro into how cut grading of ideal cut rounds is done and how the various lines of such diamonds compare. I am not familiar with the quality of settings etc. If you would rather ''take control'' of putting the ring together rather than pay for a brand name... GOG (of a list of others) may help with that more than Lockes. Such a choice is better done is a specific product to talk about though.

My 2c

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I went this summer with Fountain Fair Fax, we were given the impression they were owned by DeBeers. It is lovely little store and has a great solitiare that as yet no one has been able to reproduce. I would definately go in, at the very least you will be able to find out how color sensitive you are with well cut stones.

lockes solitaire.JPG

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have been there, very very nice stuff. I thought the prices were a tad high but the quality was great. I do also believe they are owned by DeBeers.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2006 10:06:43 AM
Author: Matatora
I went this summer with Fountain Fair Fax, we were given the impression they were owned by DeBeers. It is lovely little store and has a great solitiare that as yet no one has been able to reproduce. I would definately go in, at the very least you will be able to find out how color sensitive you are with well cut stones.
I remember that setting- it was to die for! I thought the quality and service (totally personalized, you tell them what you would like to see and they bring it out) was excellent, although if memory serves me correctly, I thought the lighting was "odd". It was actually kind of dark, with table lamps used to "simulate daylight." Very different than maul store lighting- and since they aren''t near any natural light, I would''ve been a little concerned, since I want to see stones in just about every kind of light there is!

It is definitely worth a visit- i was intimidated at first but since Matatora knows the ropes we had a blast!
(and the sales person wore a gorgeous omc as an e-ring, not one of their ideal cuts- yay for individuality.)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t been there, but I LOVE that solitaire that Matatora posted a while back (and reposted here
1.gif
)
No harm in stopping in and checking things out

berna

Rough_Rock
they are suported by a DTC sighthlder named dynamic diamond corp. based in the diamond district in nyc that is said to be one of the biggest vendors for tiffany & co.
they are opening their new flagship store at 683 madison ave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results