shape
carat
color
clarity

Lockdown musings…. And bathroom pics.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like everyone else I’m so over this whole lockdown thing. Here in Sydney, Australia, if you aren’t in a “hot spot” from mid Sept……drum roll….. up to 5 fully vaccinated people who live within a 5km radius of each other can now met up outside. Whoa. And, people in “hot spots” can now exercise outside wearing a mask and only with immediate household members and only within their Local Council Area and only between 5am and 9pm for more than a hour. Whoa.
I’d just like to go to the shops and buy some new trainers. I need to try them on with my orthotics. Last pair of boots I bought online, only choice with stores closed, took 3 attempts and I spent an extra $80 on shipping sending the two pairs that didn’t suit back for a refund. Annoying. Oh and shipping’s takes weeks not days. Haven’t seen our mailman all week so no deliveries (and I’m waiting on 3). sigh.
DD is also frustrated. She is 2nd year Medical Research and spends her days watching experiments and procedures over Zoom. Not quite the same. Also important and valuable internships are non existent so none of them are getting any real lab experience. On the plus side she is thriving and excelling with the distance learning. She had a bad final year of high school and barely scraped into the course. It’s an extremely competitive course as it’s the degree course “under” Medicine. So all the students who missed out on Medicine do this degree as a springboard next into Medicine as their next degree. DD intends to do a PhD.
DH is working from home, in fact he’s decided that he can do his job from home permanently. The group who he is employed with have no physical office anymore, everyone is at working from home and not having to travel into an office everyday, means work can be done no matter where home is. So we might be going to Inverell sooner .….yay.
and the bathroom is finished. Hip hip hooray.
23947AD6-28FA-40CD-98B9-80939F033FE8.jpeg 9394C54C-0B12-4C43-878D-5AA26B054C56.jpeg CD36481E-DA63-48FA-824D-BDC7E12785BD.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my
excuses me loving the laundry first
loving those glass bricks
the bathroom is lovelly too

we desperately need a new outdoor tap
the water is so hard here it is really bad for plumbing
the tap won't actually turn off
its more than a washer
and last time i looked a new tap was only a few dollars more than a packet of washers
but we are going to wait till we go into level 2
its only a trickle and its winter and we have plenty of water here
i really need a few bags of potting mix and its almost time to start thinking about tomatos

we went out today - Gary had a doctor's apoinment
i sat in the car with 20210902_113022.jpg my freind
you know it looked much much more impressive than my cr*ppy picture

i was going to go to the shop and buy a few things but there were too many cars outside for my liking ....and potatoes chips arnt really essential
sigh

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else I’m so over this whole lockdown thing. Here in Sydney, Australia, if you aren’t in a “hot spot” from mid Sept……drum roll….. up to 5 fully vaccinated people who live within a 5km radius of each other can now met up outside. Whoa. And, people in “hot spots” can now exercise outside wearing a mask and only with immediate household members and only within their Local Council Area and only between 5am and 9pm for more than a hour. Whoa.
I’d just like to go to the shops and buy some new trainers. I need to try them on with my orthotics. Last pair of boots I bought online, only choice with stores closed, took 3 attempts and I spent an extra $80 on shipping sending the two pairs that didn’t suit back for a refund. Annoying. Oh and shipping’s takes weeks not days. Haven’t seen our mailman all week so no deliveries (and I’m waiting on 3). sigh.
DD is also frustrated. She is 2nd year Medical Research and spends her days watching experiments and procedures over Zoom. Not quite the same. Also important and valuable internships are non existent so none of them are getting any real lab experience. On the plus side she is thriving and excelling with the distance learning. She had a bad final year of high school and barely scraped into the course. It’s an extremely competitive course as it’s the degree course “under” Medicine. So all the students who missed out on Medicine do this degree as a springboard next into Medicine as their next degree. DD intends to do a PhD.
DH is working from home, in fact he’s decided that he can do his job from home permanently. The group who he is employed with have no physical office anymore, everyone is at working from home and not having to travel into an office everyday, means work can be done no matter where home is. So we might be going to Inverell sooner .….yay.
and the bathroom is finished. Hip hip hooray.
23947AD6-28FA-40CD-98B9-80939F033FE8.jpeg 9394C54C-0B12-4C43-878D-5AA26B054C56.jpeg CD36481E-DA63-48FA-824D-BDC7E12785BD.jpeg

just wanted another look at the new laundry
glad the family are doing well at home

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain @Bron357, last year we had 3 lockdowns and couldn’t see anyone during some of them.

On the plus side, the bathroom looks great, it turned out really well. There are a lot of people here who won’t be going back to offices to work again.

Hope DD does well with her medical research, she’ll be a valuable asset to medicine.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Bron!!!! Did that happen fast or have I just lost all concept of time in this lockdown?

It looks fantastic!!!!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 are you thinking of moving to Inverell? I’m from the New England area myself. Beautiful town, such a pretty area and of course…all the sapphires! :dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 are you thinking of moving to Inverell? I’m from the New England area myself. Beautiful town, such a pretty area and of course…all the sapphires! :dance:

Exactly.
DH and I met over the rocks he had on his desk as I walked past to a meeting room (working for the same Company but different dept and floor). He did his studies in Investment Finance (including a Masters) but loved it most when he was doing Mining Analysis so he’s now doing a Bachelor Degree in Geology for fun. When he retires we intend to move up to New England and do some rock hunting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results