shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW, tell the truth...are you one of those...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
materialistic,high maintenance,spoiled brat kind of girl ? and...expect the parents to pick up your $40K wedding tab?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''ll bite and respond since I believe I''ve answered this before

Yes I expect my parents to pay for my wedding because they paid for my sister''s and already told me several times they would. However I plan on keeping it as inexpensive as possible because they promised me a larger wedding gift check if I kept it toned down
9.gif

Just to complicate things though we''ve talked about eloping with no one invited and then renewing vows having a reception after in which case they would pay for that but I think we should pay for the elopement since they''re not even invited

.....and I am spoiled, but I think my materialism has dramatically decreased with age

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''d prefer to elope or have a very small wedding (< 20 guests). If that somehow ends up costing $40K, I''m doing something wrong.

Sometimes, I feel a little bit materialistic, but I''m also the kind of girl who prefers to buy her own fancy things. I''d never reject a gift, but I would absolutely not expect anyone to buy me anything.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
the only reason i would be having a $40k wedding would be to make my parents happy. i would much rather elope somewhere cool. if my parents are horribly disappointed that they can''t invite their 3rd cousin''s second wife then they can pay for it. would that make me a spoiled brat?

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
No, not at all. What things I have I buy for myself or are presents(gift cards and such). It''s very unlikely that my mom will contribute much towards my wedding, I know my dad won''t be able to contribute anything(financially).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
THERE we go! Way to man up, DF
2.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a LIW, but I am materialistic, high maintenance, spoiled brat kind of girl...but I really deserve it! Luckily, FI thinks so, too and we are paying for our wedding...I got exactly the ring I wanted and I am having exactly the wedding I want (and deserve)!
12.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
yes and no. they paid for my sisters wedding, and i will be honest, i would be a bit upset if they didnt offer to help with mine.

but, in all honesty i know they cannot afford to help. so it''s all about putting on my big girl pants to do whats best.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 8:11:49 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
materialistic,high maintenance,spoiled brat kind of girl ? and...expect the parents to pick up your $40K wedding tab?
First of all, I like to think that I am none of the above.
BF and I are talking about trying our hardest not to break $10k. My mom and stepdad will most likely pay 1/3 of the total wedding cost (that''s what they paid for my stepsisters wedding), BF''s stepfather and mother will most likely pay for the food and alcohol (his stepdad''s side will be drinking 90% of it anyway
19.gif
) and our grandparents will probably help out a little too. My dad may help some if he is able to financially.
The rest (probably around a thrid) we will end up paying for. Btw, at one point we were planning on paying for all of it. It''s just recently that our families have mentioned helping.

DF: i''m curious, if you''re married, did you and your wife pay for your own wedding? how much did your tab come out to be?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes.

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
nope nothing under 100K for me!
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 12:18:53 AM
Author: jaylex

DF: i''m curious, if you''re married, did you and your wife pay for your own wedding? how much did your tab come out to be?
yes, but luckily most of our friends gave us cash (Chinese tradition) as gifts. got married in 86,nothing fancy.we invited about 200 guest to a chinese style dinner banquet.we ended up spending like $4000 out of our pocket not including our diamond rings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 11:20:27 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
I am not a LIW, but I am materialistic, high maintenance, spoiled brat kind of girl...but I really deserve it! Luckily, FI thinks so, too and we are paying for our wedding...I got exactly the ring I wanted and I am having exactly the wedding I want (and deserve)!
12.gif
love ya style !!
thum12.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
$40k? What the h€ll do you expect me to buy with a measly $40k? McDonalds and a homemade toga??
If Mom and Dad don''t fork over WHATEVER IT TAKES to make their princess happy I am going to be, like, SO MAD
29.gif

2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No, I am sweetness and light, and feel really guilty whenever spending money on non-necessities like the to-die-for-adorable slippers I got today for £5.
12.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Heck yeah.
11.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m most certainly high maintenance. Sort of materialistic in some ways. But I absolutely don''t expect my parents to pay anything for my wedding. Especially THAT much...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 6:40:16 AM
Author: Porridge
$40k? What the h€ll do you expect me to buy with a measly $40k? McDonalds and a homemade toga??

If Mom and Dad don''t fork over WHATEVER IT TAKES to make their princess happy I am going to be, like, SO MAD
29.gif

2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif

I like the way you think.
2.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
DF, what I want to know is where you came up with this ridiculous $40k figure. I thought the wedding budget calculator was:

(2 x groom''s annual income) + (2 x bride''s monthly income) + (bride''s parents life savings) - $14.78 = wedding budget

So that leaves me with.......

$4.

Okay, so, new plan. DF, I''m going to take this $40k you''re so generously offering for your own daughter''s wedding and put it to better use. I think that''s really the minimum I could spend on an engagement ring without feeling like I have to hide my face in shame. But you should probably start saving for my wedding, because it''s going to be blinged out to the max, yo!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
If there were $40k available for a wedding I''d take $20k for the wedding, and the rest to pay off student loans or buy a house! And no, I don''t expect my parents to pick up the tab - 1/3 us, 1/3 my parents, 1/3 his parents. I think it''s a fair deal - no?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely expected my mom to pick up the tab for my wedding because SHE wanted the wedding, not me. I wanted to elope or have a family only, tiny, destination wedding. She threw a fit about it.

Perhaps I should not have given in, but I did and in the end it was worth it. I did make sure to well under the budget I was given!

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
Materialistic- Somewhat
High maintenance- Only when i try to be
2.gif

Spoiled Brat- No way
Expecting Parents to pay for my wedding- nope... but it would be nice if they could contribute. I'd also never spend 40K on a wedding but thats just me. Under 60 guests or DW is what I'd want.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
yup. I want to elope, so that I can get away from my crazy family. And I think they should pay for it...

9.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I am young, but I want to pay for as much as possible. I know my SO parents, ie his mother, want a specific type of wedding near them and are more than willing to help. I am with a lot of other girls when I say I would rather buy myself a nice dress hire a photographer and take off for the hills for my wedding.

Spending anywhere near 40K scares me...
32.gif

usnwife

Rough_Rock

Maybe

2.gif
What if I took the money for the Wedding, got married at the courthouse, and hubby and I went on a 6 month honeymoon
31.gif

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
materialistic: I like shiney things
9.gif
but don''t have any
8.gif

high maintenance: no way, I don''t even wear makeup
spoiled: BF spoils me with sweet things (that mostly do not cost money) so i guess that makes me spoiled
my parents will most likely pay for the wedding, but the budget is more like to $4K than $40K

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 2:22:38 PM
Author: princesss
DF, what I want to know is where you came up with this ridiculous $40k figure. I thought the wedding budget calculator was:

(2 x groom''s annual income) + (2 x bride''s monthly income) + (bride''s parents life savings) - $14.78 = wedding budget

So that leaves me with.......

$4.

Okay, so, new plan. DF, I''m going to take this $40k you''re so generously offering for your own daughter''s wedding and put it to better use. I think that''s really the minimum I could spend on an engagement ring without feeling like I have to hide my face in shame. But you should probably start saving for my wedding, because it''s going to be blinged out to the max, yo!
well, my nephew got married last Sept in one those country club.i would guess it cost them like $100 per person including food,and the food was
14.gif
anyway,they invited like 200 guest, had like 3 professional photographers and don''t forget the wedding dress, flowers and cake,etc,etc...

he bought her a F VS1 3.52 ct rb E-ring for $50K from his so call "diamond wholesalor friend"
20.gif
i told my brother it was impossible for his son (my nephew) to buy a properly graded F VS1 3.52 ct stone for $50K.
38.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Materialistic? Check. High maintenance? My boyfriend doesn''t think so, but he''s used to Californian girls. By Iowa standards, definitely. Spoiled brat? Daddy''s girl, all the way. Parents picking up the wedding tab? We''ll see. They''ll probably say, "Here is $X, spend it how you see fit."

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock

Hm. Yes, yes, yes, and NO!

I'm getting married in my backyard! (It's a nice backyard to be honest, lots of stone work because my SO's dather works for a stone quarry and gets thousands of dollars worth of leftover beautiful stone. With an in-ground pool, a 10ft mini lighthouse and a HUGE grassy backyard.)

Very low budget, the most expensive thing there will be the videographer. I just want something simple.

But if I could get married on the banks of an Irish lake in Summer, and daddy asked to pay for it, I wouldn't say no!
3.gif
Oh, and a honeymoon on my own Hawaiian island please. Just rent the whole thing.

No really, I'm innocent
12.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
DF- are you running out of thread ideas?? You''ve definitely done this one before
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results