shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Progress Reports!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

delow484

Rough_Rock
Trade
How is everyone doing with their wait? Any updates to share?
- I''m doing ok, but I''m so very anxious to get the ring on my finger, incessantly looking at pictures of it online, etc. haha. SO just rolls his eyes, but I know he''s excited too.

Have you discussed marriage, engagement or wedding with your FF recently?
- We talk about it all the time. I bring it up mostly, but because I know it''s coming (the proposal) so soon and I want to start looking at reception sites etc before places get booked up for summer 2011!

Gone ring shopping? Know he already has the ring?
-we officially picked out the setting a few weeks ago (Tacori 2620 RD LG) and SO bought the stone. I know he doesn''t have the ring yet.

What factors are you dealing with (financial, work, school, long distance, etc.)?
-Everything is going well for us. We live together and everything is good. Financially I know the stone/setting are a stretch, but I think somehow SO is trying to make it work because he knows I''m a "ring-zilla". All thanks to PS of course!

What''s your best guess as to when your proposal will happen?
- He says 5-6 months, but I think that''s just to throw me off. I think its more like 3. (Feb or March 2010)

Anyone suffering from engagement fever?
- I think thats an obvious, yes! haha.
25.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 3:49:05 PM
Author: MrsHToBe
Date: 11/20/2009 10:30:50 AM

Author: sweetpea&babycorn

MrsHToBe: it sounds like things are going well! it''s nice that timing is the only issue as all you need is patience for that kind of stuff. i hope he proposes soon! do you know what your ring looks like, or do you have an idea? a picture would be fun!

When we went ring ''shopping'', I found I gravitated towards the really dainty, pave band (half-eternity style), with a RB centre at about 0.60ct. The one I tried on had 0.68ct centre (E, SI1, ex/ex/ex), and was flanked by 14 diamonds on the band.

The stock photo is poopy, but here she is:

beautiful!!!! do you think you''ll want a similar sized center stone rb? i have the option of a 0.91 rb with a setting like that, but i love the cushions so much! i still have a while to decide though. i hope he gets you exactly what would make your heart sing!

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock

Though there''s no proposal yet and we''re not engaged, we''re definitely eyeing Oct. 2010.

I''ve shown him the ring I''ve liked and done all the leg work (emailing the company and getting quotes and photo of the stone) so he kinda just has to pay when he''s ready.

What factors are you dealing with (financial, work, school, long distance, etc.)?
He''s been applying for jobs and just went through several interviews and got one offer and we''re waiting on others. I know that''s been stressing him out and he''s said that he wants to wait until after that''s settled. We''ll also be moving internationally, so that''s stressful for both of us too.

Before Christmas

brandithib

Rough_Rock
winelover, did he propose?!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 4:15:19 AM
Author: brandithib
winelover, did he propose?!

Brandithib...don''t know if she''ll come back and check, but here''s the thread; Linky!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 1:44:22 AM
Author: sweetpea&babycorn
beautiful!!!! do you think you''ll want a similar sized center stone rb? i have the option of a 0.91 rb with a setting like that, but i love the cushions so much! i still have a while to decide though. i hope he gets you exactly what would make your heart sing!

The centre stone will be nothing less than .60ct, as that''s how the store advertises it (could be .60 on the dot, or upwards of .69ct.. it just depends). When I first saw the ring, it had a centre of .68ct, but that one sold, and the new one is .65ct.. not too big of a deal for me, I don''t think. Although, I wouldn''t be upset if he decided to go with that setting, and a larger diamond! LOL! Your .91 sounds about right..
31.gif
2.gif
12.gif

He says the proposal will happen before the end of the year (although, I''m secretly hoping for before Christmas), so I don''t have much longer to wait.. eeeek! It''s so close, I can almost see the bling at the end of the tunnel!

Skychick

Rough_Rock
I have decided to stop being crazy and just enjoy my time with FF.
1.gif

Nope, kept my big mouth shut.

No idea - I did "accidentally" send him pics of rings I like

Truthfully? When we met 6 years ago he told me he would be ready when he was 40. He has always held to that number. Last year we had the big talk and he said he would be ready in a year to 18 months. Hmm, funny... he turns the big 4-0 in February.

After he turns 40!!
2.gif

Not as bad as it has been in the past.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
AAAGH! I just put everything in here and accidently hit backspace and my whole message was delated. Bahumbug!

We do discuss the future and just the other day were discussing our future children. Thankfully my bf is definitely on the marriage page and is looking forward to it happening.

While at the jewelry store he told the salesman that he probably wouldn't be ready to buy until February or March. He's seen the style of ring that I like the most and looked at sapphires with me. I've also sent him pictures with info about settings I like. I may have just bought my stone but it's still too early to tell.

I suppose people would say that we're dealing with financial factors as my bf has said that we'd be engaged already if not for that. I told him I didn't want him to go into debt to buy my e-ring (or anything for me, for that matter). So he'll be using his tax refund to help pay for it. He's also paying down some cc debt so that he'll be in a better place financially when we marry. But I don't feel as though finances are inhibiting us. Rather, I just think this is a normal part of a relationship.

What's your best guess as to when your proposal will happen?
Based on the jewelry store conversation, I'd say March or April of 2010.

Not really. I'm more PS obsessed than engagement obsessed. I'm just really enjoying my time with the boyfriend as our relationship feels really solid right now.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Sadly, nothing new to report in ways or proposal progress. Very doubtful anything will happen this year, but there is always next year (or perhaps the year after that.) I feel like I''m going to be on the LIW list for a while...

PhoenixJJ

Rough_Rock
Yes, we''ve discussed pretty much everything. We''ve already discussed wedding ideas (dinner cruise around Manhattan).
I don''t think he has the ring, but he knows what I want.
The biggest roadblock we have right now is him getting to my parents to ask for my hand. I really couldn''t care either way, but I know it''s important to them. He doesn''t have a car and my parents live 4 states away. Compounding that is the fact that my parents leave January 1 every year to spend 3 months in South Carolina, so they''ll be even farther away. He''s talking like he''s going to find a way to get it done before they leave, but we''ll see.
We agreed that we don''t want holiday engagement so my guess would be sometime in January.
Not too bad right now. I had a freak-out session a month or so ago but I decided to get over my control issues. It will happen when it happens and it will be perfect. :)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
great thread MrsHToBe! i love hearing about how everyone is doing!

i've been doing well on my wait even though i know a proposal won't be for a while. i feel myself getting more anxious nowadays though, but i think it's because of the the holidays coming up. as far as an update, BF and i now share a bank account. this was a big step for me since i've always been very independent about my own money, but i'm happy that it's actually working out better for us. BF joked that we're now like a married couple except without the tax benefits.
3.gif

we both bring up these topics on a weekly basis. it ranges from me showing him ring style ideas to him saying, "i can't wait for you to be my wifey".

we have actively looked at rings, but i'm so indecisive. i'll be set on a certain shape and/or style and then next month, i'll find something that i like better. i know for a fact that he does not have the ring since he's still saving up.

ugh, there are so many factors right now! mostly it's financial and we're both unhappy with our current jobs. BF has gone back to school as well so he gets overwhelmed from time to time.

What's your best guess as to when your proposal will happen? Anyone suffering from engagement-fever?

sometime next year maybe? i honestly have no clue since he's always saying, "it could be tomorrow or it could be next year, but it will definitely happen". i have my bouts of engagement fever, but i'm enjoying this pre-engagement time era.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, these are fun!!

---> Well, there is a mini-update that I mentioned in a previous thread. He recently met his last financial goal before being able to start saving for a ring, so we are one step closer! I''m OK with waiting. I haven''t had any meltdowns over it because I know that he definitely wants to get married and that it will happen.

---> Oh yeah, and he''s the one that brings it up half of the time. We''ve talked about it almost every day for the past month or so. It''s so cute when he brings it up! For example, we were at the pastry section of the grocery store, where there was a wedding cake. We both saw it at the same time and were thinking the same thing. He cuddled up next to me and said, "Awwww, I can''t wait."

---> We looked at rings when we picked out my promise ring, so we both have an idea of what I''d like. He''s still saving up for the ring, but we''ve recently looked at some online diamonds together.

---> A combination of all four! Financial because he''s still saving up. He''s always busy with work and I''m always busy with school (he has a professional job and I''m a grad student). We''re about an hour away and manage to see each other often, so it''s semi-long distance. However, these things don''t really bother us anymore, since we both know that they''re only temporary.

What''s your best guess as to when your proposal will happen? Anyone suffering from engagement-fever?
---> I think it will happen anywhere from the summer of 2010 until the summer of 2011. He has said that he''d like to get married during the summer of 2012, if not earlier. I''d love to be engaged, but I''m not freaking out over it...yet.
3.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, all!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

OK... here''s my update.

Yeah, it comes up every few weeks or so. We were at a weddiing this past weekend, so we found ourselves making a list of things we would do the same, things we would do differently, etc.

I will have limited participation in the actual ring shopping/buying process. Several months ago, at his request, I sent him an email with suggestions, likes, dislikes, etc. So I am not completely sure what kind of progress has been made... BUT, I actually have reason to believe he has purchased the diamond - and possibly the ring - this week. I stumbled across what I am pretty sure is a receipt from a jeweler. Unfortunately, he was home at the time and I didn''t want to get caught snooping, so I could not look at the receipt in detail.
31.gif
But that, combined with his vague/odd response when I asked him what he did all day on his day off, leads me to believe he is up to something.

None.

Well, he told me he wasn''t going to do it on any holiday or our dating anniversary, and I believe him. So I think the earliest it will happen is early December, and I think the latest would be the first week in February. If I''m wrong, and he waits until AFTER our 2-year anniversary (please God, NO!!!), I will probably go insane. So let''s hope that doesn''t happen!

Yeah - I definitely am. I am not quite "overcooked," as we say... but I am REALLY, REALLY READY to be engaged, even though we are still well within the timeline we discussed. Truthfully, I just want to be MARRIED!!! I''ve been to five weddings in the last 18 months, and I''ve been in two of them, so between bachelorette parties, showers, and the weddings themselves, it''s been hard not to think about when it''ll be our turn.

Here''s to hoping we can all keep it together!!!!

Express

Rough_Rock
-No real updates here. Just patiently waiting!

-Yes, but I am trying not to bring it up at all anymore, because I know he wants the proposal to be a surprise.

-We have gone ring shopping a few times. I have no idea if he has purchased a ring yet, but I doubt it.

-None. I am so ready!

What's your best guess as to when your proposal will happen? Anyone suffering from engagement-fever?
-He says by the end of this year....so hopefully before the New Year...but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
12.gif

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock

Not really...my engagement isn''t coming anytime soon.
7.gif

YES! We talk about it a lot, and now more and more it''s HIM bringing it up and not me!

No and no
8.gif
We had fun dillydallying at a Hertzleburg Jewelers but that was it.

We are not really ready to be engaged yet financially. Neither one of us is settled in a career yet.

Around a year from now. Boyfriend has dropped some hints making me think maybe around that time.

YES
8.gif
Don''t remind me... sigh
7.gif

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
1. Have you discussed marriage, engagement or wedding with your FF recently?

Oh yeah, there was some pretty intense engagement/marriage/wedding convo over the weekend. And a LOT of nookie. Coincidence? :razz:

2. Gone ring shopping? Know he already has the ring?

No, but he asked me to send him detailed examples of things I like!

3. What factors are you dealing with (financial, work, school, long distance, etc.)?

A weird job situation...we don''t really know what his work schedule will be until at least a month from now. And he has some unresolved health issues.

4. What''s your best guess as to when your proposal will happen?

I''m gonna say by May. WOOOT!

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
---> I am not in the anxious and excited stage and out of the frustrated, antsy stage. Been waiting for a year and a half but knew when we wanted to get married (3 years from then). So now we''re a year and a half away ... close to proposal time
28.gif
. Updates ... he mentioned going to look at some diamonds again
31.gif

---> I try not to bug him to much with details, but we talk about it quite regularly. We''re very happy and excited.

---> He''s had the ring almost a year, but no stone yet (as far as I know)

---> Waiting to graduate ... I''ll finish in May and he''ll finish the following year

What''s your best guess as to when your proposal will happen? Anyone suffering from engagement-fever?
---> Probably late spring next year, but gosh a Chrismas proposal be so nice ...

I''m excited to see all the ladies who finally get their proposal this holiday season!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results