shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW-itis!! The first argument :/

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
let me just say, it was a very very smalllll argument.. but still one about the proposal and ring at that... As all LIW''s we are ANXIOUS creatures. haha.. We just picked my ring out this week and I am already hounding him like... did u get it yet? did they call you and tell u its finished yet? Did u pick the date? Is it going to be a few months? What this, what that? Im on this site everyday and he knows it!! Im sorry, i just cant help myself. I found "the one" and i want my life to start with him as soon as possible. He says he loves me very much, he knows that he wants to marry me and it will be before the end of this year. I guess i got all caught up in the moment and just blurted out, if its money holding u back, ill buy the ring, or hell, u can ask me without the ring. its not about the ring, i just want to be engaged to him. He is a very traditional guy (he will not engage me until he has asked my mother, told his parents and made it a day to remember). Very quiet, very mellow, laid back.. he hates arguing, and hed do anything to make me happy. After i stated about the comment about me purchasing the ring at first he was fuming! He looked at me and blatently said, "Enough about the engagement, I am getting realllllly mad!" So, i put my sad puppy eyes on and started to cry. Yes, he hurt my feelings... SO... quietly.. i left the house and went to my mothers ( we dont live together, but we practically do since i never go home. i used to live on my own, however moved back home w my rents to save some money. When i offer to stay at home to give him space, he refuses to let me and begs me to stay, were pretty much inseperable)... anyways... So i left, and stayed the night at my moms.. I told him that i am sorry i am so excited to marry the man i love so much and he said that when i said " i would just pay for the ring" it hurt his feelings, because he wants to do that. He also said he does have a date and Ill just have to wait. So i made it a promise that i would NOT speak about the engagement to him at all anymore. He said thats not what he wants me to do.. Im his best friend and i should be able to talk about it every once in a while. Like i said before, hes a very quiet guy, and doesnt like confrontation, but i knew when he did say anything, he meant it. he knows all day ive been keeping it inside, but i refuse to bring it up unless the year passes and still no engagement, then i think i have a right to say something when its been promised to me. ;-) Call me selfish, i dont know, all i know is i had to talk to someone about this and im ANXIOUS ANXIOUS ANXIOUS!! My ring is soooooooo beautiful !!!! and yes, we r perfectly fine. :)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry you argued, no matter how small.

My boyfriend is super mellow too. Sometimes I wish he would fight back, it would make me feel better.

Just give it a few days, look at tons of pictures of your ring and others on PS. I like to look at the thread about 1ct to 2ct, because that''s my size stone.. Or atleast I hope so, lol. Other than that I totally get how you feel. I love him sooooo much I just want to start my life with him. We''ve been through so much, I just feel like I''m ready. So here ''s what I''ve taken to doing: I installed StubleUpon, a cool application for your browser, and then filled out my intrests. Then after that at the top it says like stumble, I like it, thumbs down, and all. I click all and go to home and living then search just weddings. It helps me. : )

If that''s not for you, then read a book, go for a walk, do someting to keep your mind off diamonds and settings. Good Luck!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
the thing is that we went to the store already, ordered the ring and he put a down payment on it!! thats what kills me lol cuz i already know what im getting, i just dont know when!! haha... he knows ive been looking at wedding venues and dresses and hes totally cool with it. he even gives his input on wedding venues and all that ... i know he is serious and that makes all the difference. I always ask him if it scares him at all and he always says absolutely not. hes ready for everything with me although its hard financially to do what we want to do when we want to do it! :) I just had to venttttttt.... and of course none of my friends would understand... The only women i can relate to are the school teachers whose room i work with my client in (im a tss worker and work with autistic children).. theyre all married and have children... so they knew what its like lol.. take care

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I still can sympathize. My Boyfriend has had the ring for atleast a month and I picked it out.

Trust me on this: you''ll go crazy if you don''t find something to occupy yourself with, I took up crocheting, for serious. The longer Anthony waits, the more likely he is to actually have to wear this scarf I''m intent on not finishing : P

If you''ve already looked at venues start looking at flowers, play around, I promise you, you''ll go crazy thinking about it otherwise.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
omg. I totally understand your situation.

I was like that with my bf. I kept on asking him and nagging. I did that when I wanted to be engaged. He wasn''t ready to get married. Then, one day (quite awhile ago), I told him I can pay for some of the ring. I thought he just didn''t want to spend so much on a ring. Although I didn''t want to pay any for the ring, I thought that would make him realized how much I wanna be engaged. WRONG. He was soooooo mad. We argued some more and was so close to break up. We "broke up" for a day or so. After that, he realized he can''t live without me. He told me I can get the ring I want, but I can''t nag him about when he''s ready to get married. I stopped nagging him about getting engaged after that big argument. Soon after, he''s ready to get married and we went ring shopping. Now, the ring is here and we''re more in love than ever!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
well.. I can''t talk to any of my friends. Most of them are still single. I don''t want to keep on talking about it... it''s like rubbing it on their faces. I am so happy I get to talk all about it on PS.
30.gif

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
This forum has made me sane! HAHA.. most of my college friends are married, engaged, having babies( im 24) .. and all of them are excited for me, but then u come to my "hometown" friends who are still single. getting drunk, mad when i dont go ut on the weekends, because im not just into the scene anymore (dont get me wrong, i like to go out here and there, mayebe once a month, but every weekend, just doesnt do it for me... besides, im diabetic, alcohol is not so great with me).. anyways...my hometown friends are like.. wow that was quick and its sad to say but i would not consider one of them to be in my bridal party because their not very happy for me, more like.. Uhmmm really??? I know im thinking way ahead of the game but my wedding party would be my 2 step sisters, my sister in law, my best friend from when i was 4 and my 2 best college friends (one being the maid of honor).. We all live in different states.. pennsylvania, maryland, ohio, california... its going to be tough but i wouldnt want anyone else in it!.. they all support me and are happy for me and my bf and soon to be fiance.. Those, i think, r my true friends..

As for Ryan and I... were very happy, I have never felt so comfortable and deeply about someone in my entire life, and for once i dont feel like i have to walk on eggshells in order to refrain from a fight .. i was on and off with a guy for 10 years.. I was dumb, yes, he cheated, didnt call me for days on end sometimes, and let me just say, he cheated some more. When i finally was with my current boyfriend, the ex cried and begged and all that other crap. I simply said.. Ive had enough, i dont deserve to be treated the way u treated me, I deserve Ryan and he deserves me and nothing will change that. Ryan is the first guy in my past 10 years to actually change my mind about my ex and move on!.. My ex even tried to pull.. But i wanted to marry you!! Well sorry, little too late and u suck at being respectful to people. My family disliked him and wouldnt even let him near them.. it was just an all around terrible situation and i dont know why i stuck around so long... As for Ryan, my family adores him, our famililies know each other, we love each other, I couldnt be happier :)

Im sorry im rambling, i have the day off from work and i have some cruise stuff to get together, Ill be in Bermuda, St Thomas, Turks and Caicos and San Juan Puerto Rico in a week from today! Just Ryan and I !!!!! SO excited!!!!

Have a great day everyone, and even if u dont repsond, thanks for listening to me rant and rave! Much appreciated!

*nikki*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results