shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW #114 - Engaged before I even made the list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
I asked to be placed on the list 3/16 - last night 3/22 he popped the question. I had yet to be assigned a # and logged in to say No longer needed when I had been put on "The List" #114:) I was engaged before I even made the list. One week.

The Proposal - I''m a 911 Dispatcher - he''s a Firefighter/Paramedic. I just got home after a 12 hour shift at 7:30pm - when I see his 2 kids and my 1 piling in his truck w/ him. I thought oh we must be going out to dinner...I was really wanting to get in my PJ''s & chill out. I asked where we were going - he told me to park the car in the garage. He then proceeds to blindfold me and places me in the truck. I''m pretty good w/ my bearings even blindfolded. I could tell which way we had gotten on the interstate and when we got off. It was a road I''d traveled for 20 years of my life. He was taking me to my home town. There was only one place I knew that would be significant enough to go to which would be my hometown fire dept. where we first met 12 years ago when I was 17, he was 22. Although had told me a few days ago the custom ring wouldn''t be ready for another month, but we would need to do a "trial" run to make sure I didn''t get car sick. I knew this wasn''t a trial run ;-)

We get there and I feel him pull into the fire station. Mind you his kids were told not say anything during the drive as to not give anything away. We talked about other things, but he had given them strict orders not to say anything about sceneary or signs. He got me down out of the truck, still blind folded and led me over to the front apron. He took the blind fold off and I quickly got my bearings - I looked around and saw all the ambulance and fire truck bay doors had been opened and all the emergency lights were on and flashing, I panned my view around and saw a few firefighters standing in the dark next to the trucks and by the time my eyes were on Terrence, he was down on one knee smiling with a ring box in his hand. I was trying to take it all in since it happened so quickly. He said me name and simply asked "Will you marry me?". I did another quick look around at the lights and where we had shared our first moments together 12 years ago and said Yes :) One of the guys took some pics while it happened, although missed him on his knee since it happened so fast. I was stunned for awhile, and quiet, which I''m normally not. Although I knew it was coming, it still is a surreal feeling.

The ring is freakin'' gorgeous. After "maul" browsing for styles, we found we had opposite tastes and would have to figure something else out. He liked icy D''s - I enjoyed warmer colors. I''m in love with heritage, old ways, but a modern romantic. He preferred something more contemporary. He was into RB''s - me not so much as everyone has RB''s & Princess in my area being the most common w/ a few Emeralds & Marquise''s around too. We chose to go w/ a custom piece made just for me and started looking at rings online. We came across an Asscher halo that immediately appealed to us both, but with modifications he wanted done. I never thought an Asscher would be for me, but it was something he had never seen before and he immediately hit upon the intriguing step cut. I had seen them online, but never IRL. Here are the specs. Got the Asscher from Blue Nile, chose Michael E to be the craftsman. This is the only hand shot I have as of right now. I took it out in sunlight today - and this baby throws mad rainbows from her windmills!

Here is my Modern Vintage Engagement Ring

Diamond - Blue Nile
Craftsman - Michael E

1.25 TCW - .5 Center - .75 Pave'' - 38 diamond melee.

GIA
CT -Center - .5 Asscher
Cut - Very Good
Clarity - VS1 - Feather
Color - I

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluro - None
Culet - None

Measurements 4.69 x 4.65 x 2.92
Depth - 62.8%
Table - 61%
Girdle - Medium to Slightly Thick
Length to Width Ratio 1.01

Handshot3221.jpg

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Well that''s got to be a new record! Congratulations! Your ring is GORGEOUS! More pics!!!!!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, and I''m definitely needing more pics of the amazingness that is your engagement ring.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 5:28:51 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Congrats, and I''m definitely needing more pics of the amazingness that is your engagement ring.

I''m going to read up on how to take good pics. All the close ups are fuzzy on my digi and camera phone. I have a Macro mode - but they''re still fuzzy. Will work on this.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! That''s definitely got to be a record
1.gif

Your ring is lovely, and your new FI sounds sweet!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

I love your story...how sweet! Can''t wait to see more pics of the bling!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
its gorgeous, more more!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! what a great story :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Your ring is beautiful! - Asschers are so classy.

Such a cute proposal story!

Congratulations Mrs.SE !

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Your whole story is so sweet! (both the proposal and how you first met/got back together 10+ years later). Your ring is stunning!
30.gif
Congrats!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Aww what a sweet proposal and beautiful ring, congratulations!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Beautiful ring.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!! Congrats on your engagement!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results