shape
carat
color
clarity

littmans = ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lalaland

Rough_Rock
hi there, just thought i''d post Littman''s ridiculous $16K quote for a 1.57 vs2 f color emerald egl certified. he said he was low balling me, and he wouldnt even let me touch it. typed in the specs and the same stone averaged $10K here. he also had the nerve to ask if it was ok to call me weekly to see if boyfriend an i were ready to buy the ring yet. i love pricescope.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, that''s a total rip off. $10k is more like what GIA stones are going for; $7-$8k seems to be the going rate for EGL stones on PS.

You mentioned talking to GOG. Have you seen their radiant list? They have some intriguing ones like this one:

6124-15 Radiant 1.71 E VVS1 GIA 69.8 60 MD N VG VG F 7.62*6.25*4.36

Also, there''s this really rectangular 1.37 F SI1 for $7k. Or was budget really $16k, so now you can get a whopper? If you let us know what you''re looking for, I''m sure we''ll find some more tantalizing stones. (I know I love a good scavenger hunt!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s ridiculous. It reminds me of the car salesmen who call every week to see if you''ve bought a car yet. You''ll know when I drive by your lot in my new car, ya jerk. Same thing with this jeweler. Is it okay to call weekly to see if you''re ready to purchase???????? Uh, only if it''s okay to come in weekly and show all your customers what a nice stone you got elsewhere for half the price!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, boy!
2.gif

No wonder such shops hate the net!

Did this show up in your search?

Emerald cut, F/VS2 (GIA) LINK
weight: 1.70
Depth: 63.9%
Table: 63%
Girdle: thn-med
Culet: no
Finish: gd / vg
Fluorescence: no
Size: 8.44x5.88x3.76

Looking for EGL graded F-VS2 they are less than 10k allright (7-8, average). That''s straight half of what you were asked...You could ahve a pair.

Best of luck !
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Back in my pre-PS days, I was in a Littmans store looking at loose stones. Back in those days, I was aware that some diamonds were more far more beautiful than others, although I didn''t really understand "why". (I thought the "cut" of the diamond was the "shape"!) Anyway, none of the stones there that day did much for me, and I remember asking the salesperson at Littmans, "What gives a diamond its SPARKLE?" And she told me it was totally "a balance between cut and clarity"!
20.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Every time I walk by the Littmans Jewelers in my local mall, they have this big banner that says "One Day $1Million Dollar Diamond Sale." This "one day" sale has been going on since at least the beginning of summer
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results