carat
color
clarity

Lindsey Lohan stolen necklace

slg47

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1297539128|2850110 said:

I was just going to post this! from perezhilton
According to several prominent jewelers, the necklace is question is said to be only worth anywhere between $800-$1,000!!

The necklace was sold for $2,500, which jewelers and pricescopers say was extremely overpriced. The good news (for Lindsay) is that if the item in question has a value of less than $950, then Lindsay could only be charged with petty theft, a misdemeanor with a maximum of 6 months in L.A. County Jail.

9 carats???? really??? that seems to be more off than those 'estimates' of celebrity engagement rings!

stoneater

Rough_Rock
I heard that a jewelry appraiser named Patrick Davis out in Los Angeles appraised the necklace.
I looked him up on pricescope and he is a ligitimate appraiser and there are things written about him on Rocky Talk.
I wonder what he appraised the necklace for and if it had any influence on the judge changing the charge to a misdemeanor ?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if the neclace's value has increased from the notoriety. Perhaps then the charge could go back up to felony OR she could beat the rap by saying that she has added value to the necklace such that rather than depriving the store of $2,500. she has GIVEN them the added balance!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
The reason we only see pictures of necklace with the clasp showing is because when LL saw the photographers, SHE TURNED IT AROUND so it couldn't get photographed. There was a website that had photos of her actually turning it with an "oh Sh#t" look on her face. The FRONT of the necklace was alot more substansial...it had several rows of yellow diamonds. I saw it online when it first happened.

I do think the press makes too big of an issue with this girl, but in this case...it seems she stole it. Why TURN IT AROUND to hide it if the store had lent it to her? Correct me if i'm wrong but dont they lend things to celebrities so the items can get photographed? I dont think she is even using that defense anymore. Also, if she walked out and just forgot she was wearing it, why wait weeks to return it (she returned it hours after TMZ reported that there was a search warrant issued to retreive it back). Her track record is littered with instances where she "accidentally" and intentionally stole things....I don't get it??? She's rich! Why??

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't matter to me how much it is worth, the girl gets away with too much and needs help. Put her away for a while without early release and away from the media so she can get the treatment she so desperately needs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results