shape
carat
color
clarity

Light pink gems?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 7:24:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 1/5/2010 7:15:46 PM
Author: Kashmira

Date: 1/5/2010 7:07:58 PM
Author: Revolution
That is indeed a beauty!!!

The material coming out of Afghanistan right now is spectacular. There are even some ''Paraiba-type'' colors from time to time.

Unfortunately, this material is also quite expensive. The price of that stone wasn''t mentioned but I would guess a stone of that size and color would be...lets just say ''significant''

On the positive side, no one can accuse you of bad taste!
It was a little bit more what I had in mind (945 USD) but it is was beyond gorgeous!
Mention you''re from Pricescope, so you can get a 30% discount.
30% discount?! WOW! Thanks for letting me know! Do other vendors have discounts for PS members too?

audball

Ideal_Rock
One I can think of that is a light pink spinel <10mm is on Jeff White''s site right now, but it''s pricey...but
30.gif

Link - 4.13ct Spinel/10.1mm

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 7:39:26 PM

Date: 1/5/2010 7:24:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 1/5/2010 7:15:46 PM

Date: 1/5/2010 7:07:58 PM
Author: Revolution
That is indeed a beauty!!!

The material coming out of Afghanistan right now is spectacular. There are even some ''Paraiba-type'' colors from time to time.

Unfortunately, this material is also quite expensive. The price of that stone wasn''t mentioned but I would guess a stone of that size and color would be...lets just say ''significant''

On the positive side, no one can accuse you of bad taste!
It was a little bit more what I had in mind (945 USD) but it is was beyond gorgeous!
Mention you''re from Pricescope, so you can get a 30% discount.
30% discount?! WOW! Thanks for letting me know! Do other vendors have discounts for PS members too?
Not sure, it doesn''t hurt to ask though.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:46:38 PM
Author: Liane
Also, I seem to recall that Dan Stair had a pretty good-sized pale pink tourmaline on his site a couple of days ago. It might have been a Portuguese round rather than a standard round, but I remember thinking it was pretty and reasonably priced. Wish I had the specs for you, but it seems to be in limbo until he does another update. You might drop him a quick email to ask about it or wait for him to do another round of site updates (but then someone else might grab it first).
Oh Oh I''ve seen that too.
Very pretty, I''m angry at myself of not grabbing in the first time
Now I regret...

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:46:38 PM
Author: Liane
Also, I seem to recall that Dan Stair had a pretty good-sized pale pink tourmaline on his site a couple of days ago. It might have been a Portuguese round rather than a standard round, but I remember thinking it was pretty and reasonably priced. Wish I had the specs for you, but it seems to be in limbo until he does another update. You might drop him a quick email to ask about it or wait for him to do another round of site updates (but then someone else might grab it first).
Oh Oh I''ve seen that too.
Very pretty, I''m angry at myself of not grabbing it the first time
Now I regret...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Malaya garnets are not terribly expensive in nice shades of pink, but I''m not sure you could find a 10 mm round. But one stone that could, however, yield a 10 mm round affordable pink (with possible bits of grey) is zircon. Sure, it''s not an everyday stone, but for a cocktail ring it''s just fine. Worth checking out.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
You could send Gary at diamondexpert.com a mail. I was looking for a 10mm baby pink spinel last year and it was harder than I thought. He did have something though, so you could ask. (He also had nice baby pink tourmalines in that size range)

gnopals

Rough_Rock
Rose de France Amethyst, Morganite, Kunzite, Rose Quartz (facet grade) or maybe a Rhodolite Garnet?
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light pink stones are very pretty. Spinel would be my vote.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 8:06:07 PM
Author: gnopals
Rose de France Amethyst, Morganite, Kunzite, Rose Quartz (facet grade) or maybe a Rhodolite Garnet?
31.gif
What''s a "Rose de France Amethyst"?

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 5:39:11 AM
What''s a ''Rose de France Amethyst''?
A fancy name for an amethyst that has a pale lilac tone. Correct me if I am wrong.

gnopals

Rough_Rock
Hi Kashmira, Kim is right yes...

Heres a nice pair of earrings
Here

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhodolites and almandines are inexpensive, and they come in light pink.
I should not be even talking about rubies, but I bet you still can find a pretty cheap pink ruby.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, here is another idea unless someone has mentioned it before: a pink zirkon. I just googled it and came across many websites and a topic posted on PS diamond forum in 2006 with links. Sorry, I did not have time to copy them but I think you can do it yourself but pink zirkons come at about $ 50.00 per carat. Someone mentioned selling a 4.5 - ct pink zircon at Tucson for $ 450.00.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never seen rhodolites and almandines come in a light baby pink.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 4:45:38 AM
Author: ma re
Malaya garnets are not terribly expensive in nice shades of pink, but I''m not sure you could find a 10 mm round. But one stone that could, however, yield a 10 mm round affordable pink (with possible bits of grey) is zircon. Sure, it''s not an everyday stone, but for a cocktail ring it''s just fine. Worth checking out.
They tend to shift color to peach and/or brown in some lighting though.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all suggestions! I liked the Rose de France amethyst but it had a colder colour than what I had in mind. I have seen the most perfect (when talking about colour) tourmaline but it was unfortunately 9 mm and very expensive. I also saw some natural blue topaz- not exactly pink or seafoam but gorgeous! Is topaz a durable gem or would I have to be very careful with it?

gnopals

Rough_Rock
You can get them near baby pink but they are hard to find, the Umbalites are especially gorgeous. These Garnets do start going up in price quite a bit with increasing size though and 10mm maybe pushing a little too high but they lovely nonetheless.

Here is a lovely pair of Umbalites but only 5.5mm, and the Imperial Malaia on that page is very nice too.
30.gif

HERE (hope its ok to link)

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 1:24:39 PM
Author: gnopals
You can get them near baby pink but they are hard to find, the Umbalites are especially gorgeous. These Garnets do start going up in price quite a bit with increasing size though and 10mm maybe pushing a little too high but they lovely nonetheless.

Here is a lovely pair of Umbalites but only 5.5mm, and the Imperial Malaia on that page is very nice too.
30.gif

HERE (hope its ok to link)
Gorgeous but unfortunately too small.

Here is a link o the most "perfect" coloured pink tourmaline I have ever seen- it is exactly the colour I LOVE
30.gif
! But this was unfortunately too small and also too expensive.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That one is a beauty, I have been admiring it since it was cut.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2010 4:10:18 PM

Date: 1/8/2010 2:42:37 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I wonder if Dan has more of this rough.

http://customgemstones.com/TOURMALINE/to1237.html
I like this colour! Unfortunately this cut is not good for the design I have in mind but let''s keep our fingers crossed for that more tourmalines in this colour will be cut!
Ask Dan - he is a sweetheart! I got several opals from him and he cut my spinel - he was always very attentive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results