shape
carat
color
clarity

Liao is a liar!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
This is the answer I got from GRS a few minutes ago!

A report with this dimensions and weight does not exist in our database and the original report needed to be presented to us to see whether our database would have by mistake missed this case, which is not very likely.
Greetings,
Dr. A. Peretti

I could send the original E-mail to some of the admins if needed!!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Marlow - what is this about? Is there a previous thread that I missed?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very strong words used and a serious accusation, even if by a consumer about another consumer. I do not know what this is in reference to but I hope this misunderstanding can be resolved calmly. I thought Liao does not like to send his stones to GRS, much preferring Gubelin and SSEF?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link, LK. Very disappointing if it is indeed true. :blackeye:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see; no, it is best to not publish the entire email online nor send it to the PS admin. This is considered a personal matter and I think the PS forum rules state that the contents of an email cannot be posted in verbatim.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of things didn't seem to add up - some seemed funny to me and some advice a little dangerous if taken too seriously imo. But like anyhting in the internet, one needs to take things with a grain of salt. But if someone is blatantly building credibility using false claims, it shouldn't go unchecked as it does diminish the credibility of this site site....so glad Marlow looked into. Reminds me of the tale of the Emporer and his new clothes.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1419263599|3805733 said:
A lot of things didn't seem to add up - some seemed funny to me and some advice a little dangerous if taken too seriously imo. But like anyhting in the internet, one needs to take things with a grain of salt. But if someone is blatantly building credibility using false claims, it shouldn't go unchecked as it does diminish the credibility of this site site....so glad Marlow looked into. Reminds me of the tale of the Emporer and his new clothes.

I agree and am glad Marlow looked into this, especially since LIAO had a potential buyer for the stone according to this quote
"Honestly, I am tempted to sell this stone as I have already got a nice offer, but I am not certain to let this one go :confused:"

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1419263599|3805733 said:

It is a bit like "Catch me if you can" - Leo di Caprio / Tom Hanks :D

Chrono: I want to show that could send the mail if some thinks it is necessary - nothing to hide. I was surprised that Dr. Peretti answered so fast.

The extreme topic "Liao is a liar" course the other two topics are not interessting for many here. We need no more evidence imo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps Dr. Peretti is concerned about a potential GRS lab report forgery?

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

There are a lot of... questionable certificates (ebay etc) out there.

This thread brings up the problem.

Casual observers can easy see bad manipulations, detailed below with original and modified GRS certificates.

Just a quick look at modified lab reports - and how purchasers can do a quick review to see if they have any indications of modification.

Real GRS

Real%20GRS%20Full.jpg

Real%20GRS%20Certificate.png

Certificate Being Questioned:

Liao%20Cert.jpg

Modified%20Certificate.png

See if you can spot the inconsistencies first before looking below :eh:

Quick spot check showing modifications:

Arrows%20GRS%20Modified%20Certificate.png

Also please be careful - while not 100% accurate (maybe not up to date, delay in processing/input etc), checking at the site for the report always helps:

http://www.gemresearch.ch/Search.php#

GRS confirmation below:

GRS%20Confirmation.png

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yes, thanks Marlow for following through. I do not know anything about the rare gems you are discussing, but when Liao didn't know the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a Pyramid scheme, after saying he did his Masters Thesis on Ponzi schemes, I kept that in the back of my mind.

We have several people who do post about gems they do not own. One woman was called out by DF from the diamond board, but then she came over here to make her extravagant claims in colored stones. While she seems harmless, it just hard to understand why she does it. We'd be happy just to see the pictures of the gems she shows as hers, or her sisters. Admin says to ignore it, but thats hard to do and is not really good for the forum.

Too bad, but good work Marlow.

Annette

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
smitcompton|1419270620|3805837 said:
We have several people who do post about gems they do not own. One woman was called out by DF from the diamond board, but then she came over here to make her extravagant claims in colored stones. While she seems harmless, it just hard to understand why she does it.

The internet allows everybody to pretend to be whoever they want :)

It's funny, on a horse board I'm on, we found a trainer who's website had pictures she claimed were her. Problem is that many of us recognized a multiple-time-US-Olympian in the pictures. She's still using the picture on the website for the new farm she's at. Kind of amazing what people will do online not realizing that the tools are all there for people to find the truth.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
smitcompton|1419270620|3805837 said:
Hi,

Yes, thanks Marlow for following through. I do not know anything about the rare gems you are discussing, but when Liao didn't know the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a Pyramid scheme, after saying he did his Masters Thesis on Ponzi schemes, I kept that in the back of my mind.

We have several people who do post about gems they do not own. One woman was called out by DF from the diamond board, but then she came over here to make her extravagant claims in colored stones. While she seems harmless, it just hard to understand why she does it. We'd be happy just to see the pictures of the gems she shows as hers, or her sisters. Admin says to ignore it, but thats hard to do and is not really good for the forum.

Too bad, but good work Marlow.

Annette

"Why" is certainly the question I'd like an answer for, other than the obvious attention.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Internet anonymity also makes it easy for someone like this to reincarnate ........... new name but the same egotistical purpose. He/She may return to this forum under new cover; or already has. That's why Marlow putting this here is good........... :appl: :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extravagant claims on stones is harmless, it is some of the advice dispensed out that had me alarmed. I dismissed with the suggestion that I might want to consider breaking up an old jade heart into pieces for a dot of imperial jade. The claim of having once owned a ring like Chrono's and it belonged to some Royal Family had me thinking "this person is having fun with us". Perhaps he/she felt that some of it was so outrageous that it he/she didn't realize the possible damage.

I don't have the time to read many of the threads here but have seen many references to his/her experience with other vendors, stones see and labs. If these weren't true (and admittedly we don't know the degree to which things were true or not), it is harmful to the reputation of those vendors. Not to mention that people make some serious buying decisions based on some of the opinions found here.

I can laugh at pranksters making outrageous claims as long as they do no harm.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
Good job Marlow. You just become my hero. :appl:
Some of us(Me) do think that something are amiss from his posts, but lack the commitment(read: less free time) and the courage that Marlow displayed; thus, stopped short of calling him a friendly ....(to each their own terms of endearment)

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
What a shock. :shifty:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Bye Liao :wavey:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good job Marlow, my embarrassing amount of knowledge about gems wouldn't have figured out something wasn't right - but I agree with other posters who are commenting that something didn't seem right about Liao's posts, it was something I had noticed just before I joined.

As per what lilmosun has mentioned a person willing to make claims is harmless, however it's a different story when those claims may affect the future business and dealings of organizations that aren't tied directly to that person. Maybe someone should make a thread in regards to it so that any future members understand the situation and know to take Liao's advice with a grain of salt? Bumping and leaving a disclaimer post for future readers may not be the most effective and efficient way to communicate the situation with Liao?

Regards,
Jordan

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Lol. Am I the only one who didn't notice something weird about his posts?

Even if I had to evidence I wouldn't have had enough courage to make a thread like this, so yeah, well done Marlow.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
It was no courage.

I waited for an oppurtunity and he was stupid enough to give it.

The alexandrite ( vivid color - sending back a top quality if russian) , benitoite ( if you collect rare gems benitoite is among the top ten) shit he posted. Made me angry - the jadeite heart, the super fine jadeite bangle ( Vincent ) - " avoid such a quality" !! :angryfire:

Bromellite is so incredible rare - he went directly into this trap....

I am sure this poor person is still a lurker here - and we will notice if he ( think it is a young man) tries a comeback.....

And I am def. sure that several here noticed that he lies.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
Frankly LK, while I disregard the facts that he posts mostly, I just questioned his motives and the tones on the posts that he made.
I think DD shared the same sentiment as me.
Anyway, let bygones be bygones, It is the season of giving, and forgiveness is a gift.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It did not start off weirdly but became stranger and stranger as time went on.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the same person who was very dismissive about another person jade piece, that it did not glow enough etc...?

DK :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK,
Your memory serves you correctly about the jadeite comment.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I did think the comment on Chrono's heirloom ring was far fetched but that's all. I've always been rather gullible :saint:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
eastjavaman|1419333220|3806354 said:
Frankly LK, while I disregard the facts that he posts mostly, I just questioned his motives and the tones on the posts that he made.
I think DD shared the same sentiment as me.
Anyway, let bygones be bygones, It is the season of giving, and forgiveness is a gift.

Yes, .... I did and still do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results