clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

m-2-b|1443053545|3931061 said:
Oh, I love this 6 motif one, too: :love:
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/sweet-alhambra/vcaro85700-sweet-alhambra-bracelet-6-motifs.html

Do you think this sweet bracelet will still match well with my pave Alhambra pendant despite the size difference?

Definitely! The clover motif is iconic, and your Vintage pendant has the little "nub" in the center (I don't know what to call it) that the new Sweets have so they match in that respect, too, unlike the Magic pave pendant ::)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1443054153|3931063 said:
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/sweet-alhambra/vcaro85700-sweet-alhambra-bracelet-6-motifs.html

Do you think this sweet bracelet will still match well with my pave Alhambra pendant despite the size difference?

Definitely! The clover motif is iconic, and your Vintage pendant has the little "nub" in the center (I don't know what to call it) that the new Sweets have so they match in that respect, too, unlike the Magic pave pendant ::)

Ok, so I'm adding it to my short list! So which one are you interested in Yssie?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1443059410|3931111 said:

Ok, so I'm adding it to my short list! So which one are you interested in Yssie?

:bigsmile:

I was all set to jump on that pave single-motif Sweet bracelet, but... the piece I really want is the Perlee Clover bracelet, and at this point I think if I did get anything else I'd just think to myself "I could've saved that", so I'm going to skip this time :(sad

Actually, I'm thinking about your collection and... that six-motif is adorable but it's quite pricey, and you already have a super-blingy tennis bracelet - do you think you'd wear it often? Would you perhaps get more use out of something that decorates a different body part - earrings, or a ring?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!! :wavey: I absolutely LOVE all of your pieces!! :love: They make me swooooon (and continue to put piece after piece on my wishlist...!).

Can I play?! I technically am not allowed to wear this yet, but DH got me the most amazing combination gift (at my request and negotiation of course :naughty: ). It's the Tiffany Schlumberger 16 stone ring! I loveeee loveee loveeeee it!! I have a number of Tiffany pieces and fell in love with this ring many moons ago and I feel so lucky to have it now! I think I'll mostly use it as a right hand ring and occasionally use it in place of my wedding set. I was allowed to put it on and snap some pictures before he put it away until early next year so here you go and enjoy!

I would love one of the Alhambra motif pendants or Cartier Trinity rings and was really tempted to ask for one while my DH was in Paris for work recently but I just couldn't justify it knowing he was getting me this ring!

img_9467.jpg

img_9469.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1443131337|3931425 said:
m-2-b|1443059410|3931111 said:

:bigsmile:

I was all set to jump on that pave single-motif Sweet bracelet, but... the piece I really want is the Perlee Clover bracelet, and at this point I think if I did get anything else I'd just think to myself "I could've saved that", so I'm going to skip this time :(sad

Actually, I'm thinking about your collection and... that six-motif is adorable but it's quite pricey, and you already have a super-blingy tennis bracelet - do you think you'd wear it often? Would you perhaps get more use out of something that decorates a different body part - earrings, or a ring?

I know what you mean - I've looked at bracelets and rings, but what I really want is an Alhambra necklace. Like you, if I settle for something else, I think I would still be dreaming of a necklace...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1440350579|3918044 said:
Well, I feel a bit silly posting this under that Buccellati, but... anyone up for some Trinity pics? I finally got down to the city to pick it up :))

ps_3img_7159.png

ps_img_7311.png

3__ps1_img_7128.png

ps_2_img_7132.png

5__ps_4_5.png

6__ps_img_7232.png

7__ps_img_7477.png

Gorgeous! I have been virtual "shopping" lately for a Cartier Trinity ring....or a Cartier Love ring....I can't decide which style I like better :???: They are both classics. What I like about the Trinity is that I wear a lot of mixed metals and the ti-color Trinity would tie it all together. Do you have any sizing advice on the Trinity? I can't decide if I'd want it as a middle-finger-ring or a ring-finger-ring on my right hand? I have small fingers (size 4.25 ring finger and size 5 middle finger). I read that you should really try a Trinity on in person - is that the case?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am really wanting to get a little something something to celebrate the launch of my own business and new client. I really wanted a vca necklace but I think I may hold off now since my neck is still sensitive (eczema and going through prednisone taper). Now I am thinking about a Cartier bracelet. Either the cord love or the cord trinity. I won't stack anything with my yg love bangle for fear of extra chipping and rubbing, but I am hoping that a cord bracelet will be gentler against the bangle. I would like to see how that stack would look :love: :love: . Thinking out loud. Excited...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

image_3933.jpg image_3932.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinto I love the cord bracelet but it will still scratch, although maybe less than another option. Can you live with that?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1445107462|3939322 said:
Pinto I love the cord bracelet but it will still scratch, although maybe less than another option. Can you live with that?

Oh, I hear you! I think my biggest offender has been metal zippers on handbags. I can accept a little scratching from my new little friend. Thanks for the heads up LLJsmom!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, the yg perlee looks amazing on you!! Great choice!

This is a late post, but early September hubby surprised me with an impromptu trip to VCA on my birthday. I have coveted the long magic single motif pendant in onyx since they came out earlier this year. I also re-tried the perlee bangle. But for the third time, I chose against the bangle! I love the single-motif magic necklace and wear it all the time. It looks fantastic with my matching bracelet.

I also bought the small perlee ring in yg as a stacker/vacay substitute. Here are a few pics!

_34918.jpg

_34919.jpg

_34920.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your whole new set, kama! :love:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1445127006|3939407 said:
Love your whole new set, kama! :love:

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama...Love the long onyx pendant with your bracelet! :love: I tried on that pendant on in Vegas and would love to have one!

Pintobean..your bracelets look great together, too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Kama--such gorgeous pieces! :love: :appl:

Pinto--wonderful bracelet addition. :appl: :love:

Wear your pieces in health!

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama - stunning new additions! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you diamondseeker2006 and canuk-gal!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama, love the new VCA. Looks great on you too...

Momhappy, did you decide on a trinity piece?

Yssie, sorry but I have to ask. Any more pics of your perlee? :pray: a thread in SMTB... :drool:

Haven't worn my cuff in a while. Been in high damage potential locales. But it's going back on soon. Miss it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1439650713|3914855 said:
Any Buccellati fans here? A few of their gold bangles and lacy style rings are very enticing! :bigsmile:

I've been diligently making my way through this thread, seeing more versions of the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra collection than I had any idea existed, and wondering if "branded pieces" was a term limited to that design for the intents and purposes of this thread! I am glad to see Buccellati mentioned since they are probably my favorite jewelry designers.

I hate to say it, but the Alhambra design is very boring to me. Even The Duchess of Cornwall's dangling diamond Alhambra earrings do not do much for me, although I certainly prefer them to the mother-of-pearl pieces! I really like interesting craftsmanship in gold. I like to see the gold worked, preferably by hand. I infinitely prefer the craftsmanship of Buccellati.*

AGBF

*I do like the "all gold" Alhambra! Harpertoo posted a photo of that. I believe she bought her necklace in that, too. That caught my eye because I have gold fever in a big way!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I looked on the 'net for all gold Alhambra necklaces, seeing some from vintage dealers. Some were 31" long, but I preferred the shorter ones. Unfortunately, the shorter ones were almost 18" long. None seemed to be shorter than that! I mean, none seemed to be made in a 16" length. They all also appeared to be in pink gold (which I love). I was surprised that there was no yellow available.

AGBF

18inchpinkalhambra.png

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are a few yellow gold pieces, I found this picture online, the Van Cleef website says it's 16.5 inches

_721.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1446930877|3946754 said:
There are a few yellow gold pieces, I found this picture online, the Van Cleef website says it's 16.5 inches

Thank you, Snowdrop!

Deb :wavey:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think VCA Vintage Alhambra jewelry should be on every female's must-have list. I find the necklaces very elegant and versatile. For me, there are four different ways to wear. Depending on the length, the look can be very different. The necklaces can transform from casual (with tees and jeans) to smart-casual and even formal.

1. Wear 10-motifs as a short, 16.5-inch necklace (formal).
2. Combine 10-motifs wear 5-motifs to make a medium length, 23.5-inch necklace for smart-casual occaison.
3. Combine two 10-motifs as a fun, 33-inch long necklace for casual or smart-casual.
4. Combine two 10-motifs necklaces with the 5-motifs bracelet to make a 40-inch, very long necklace and wrap around twice for formal occasions.

Finally, pair with matching earrings or a pair of diamond earrings for added effect.

my_vca_jewelry.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Another versatile charateristic is that one can mix and match different color motifs. In real life, the different color necklaces match very well. Just make sure that the gold color is the same.

vca_details.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, love your collection! Those are great pics showing the texture and shine on the MOP.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1447799349|3950985 said:
Wow, love your collection! Those are great pics showing the texture and shine on the MOP.
Thanks. The gold color is yellow gold, although the lighting (morning light under skylight) makes it hard to tell. In real life, the gold is rich and luxurious such that it stands out more than the MOP.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock

I know this is not in the same league as your lovelies but I thought I'd share my new Chanel necklace!
20151120_163140_resized1.jpg
20151120_163053_resized1.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These VCA collections are so luxurious!! Amazing! Absolutely LOVE them. It's actually hard for me to believe that someone owns them, rather than them being museum pieces.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Much to my surprise I have just bought my first VCA piece! On the grounds of wearability I had decided to go for the single Alhambra MOP pendant but wasn't completely convinced. I knew I would not be able to try pieces on as I live far from a boutique, and I had some concerns about different pieces having a different sheen or texture. I also felt that my "one VCA piece to rule them all" would be the yellow gold 10 motif necklace........

Incredibly, a couple of weeks ago, a seller I had been watching listed a preowned 10 motif and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I bought it!

It is so beautiful, I can't quite believe it's mine! It has a nice weight to it, I can feel it is there when I wear it but it is not uncomfortable in any way. It also matches in to my fairly casual wardrobe much better than I expected.

Apologies for the terrible photo, taken with iPod.

_987.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results