shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's Not Forget Jackie Robinson

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read an article on Jackie Robinson, who joined Major League baseball April 15 1947 as the first ever black player in the majors. The article stated that he still received death threats while playing for the Brooklyn Dodgers. I can state with confidence that my dad, my neighborhood, my city loved Jackie Robinson. I cannot remember a time when people called attention to his color, but only talked about what an amazing athlete he was. Baseball was such an integral part of life in the 1940s and 50's and Jackie Robinson was part of all our lives. So, for me, I would like to remember him on the anniversary of the first black athlete to become part of a major League team. Here's to you Jackie Robinson!

Annette

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
As an ex-Montrealer, I have long been aware of Jackie Robinson’s accomplishments .
I remember my father telling me, when I was a young child, about when Robinson played for the Montreal Royals (a Dodgers farm team), before making it to the major leagues. He and his family actually lived in Montreal for a while.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a movie on netflex
There is also stuff on u tube of the real Jackie Robinson
Despite having no intetest in baseball (we play cricket here) and having no prior knowledge of him i found his story fascinating

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this, Annette, is just another example of why you are beloved here. Thank you for sharing this. ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results