shape
carat
color
clarity

Let PS be your +1 for the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
For whatever the reason, if you happen to be alone or just not with the ones you love, then pop by and say hi.

It doesn''t matter if it is your parent(s) you are missing, if your sibling missed the flight home, if your SO has to work or if your beloved pet passed this year, come on in and share with us here.

Whoever is missing, let PS be your +1 this holiday season.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awe, this actually choked me up! That was so sweet of you to post.

Happy holidays everyone!!!

AniMinnieMouseHugs.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw cute! PSers are so friendly and supportive of one another
1.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I think this thread is a really good idea. While I''m surrounded by family this holiday season, I had to give up my 4 pets due to a move and I miss them desperately
39.gif
. I miss petting them, snuggling them and talking to them when I am lonely
15.gif
. I know that they are all in good places but it doesn''t change how horrible I feel about having to give them up in order to make sure that my son has everything he needs so early in life.

Diva

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
PS can be my +1! DH just got called in for OT on Christmas Eve night and Christmas night so he will be missing the dinner... sigh, these few days just ain''t going well for me! I can''t wait for 2009, i need a change
face10.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
AWWW PS is always my +1 (seriously, I take it everywhere with me on my phone!).

I''ll be all alone this Christmas because DH is going on a sort of "guy''s trip" with his BF who just found out his wife has been cheating on him and is leaving. I''m really okay with it. I was going to go too at first, but then I realized they are planning on "roughing it" and I only sleep in hotels away from home
2.gif
. Plus we''d have to board our pug and then he''d be all alone for Christmas. I have no family here so it''s just me, but I am a nanny and my employers are awesome (and treat me like part of the fam) so I''ll be going there for Christmas dinner.

Divadiamond- I''m sorry you miss your pets.
15.gif

sukiisukii- Sorry hubby is going to be working for the holidays, hopefully ''09 will be much better!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such a nice thought Steel. I''m going home for Christmas to my parents but will definitely be popping on here tomorrow.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Steel- what a great thread!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 12:55:42 AM
Author: mia1181
AWWW PS is always my +1 (seriously, I take it everywhere with me on my phone!).

I''ll be all alone this Christmas because DH is going on a sort of ''guy''s trip'' with his BF who just found out his wife has been cheating on him and is leaving. I''m really okay with it. I was going to go too at first, but then I realized they are planning on ''roughing it'' and I only sleep in hotels away from home
2.gif
. Plus we''d have to board our pug and then he''d be all alone for Christmas. I have no family here so it''s just me, but I am a nanny and my employers are awesome (and treat me like part of the fam) so I''ll be going there for Christmas dinner.

Divadiamond- I''m sorry you miss your pets.
15.gif

sukiisukii- Sorry hubby is going to be working for the holidays, hopefully ''09 will be much better!
Mia - Give your puggie an extra hug and kiss for me. I had two. One lives with my parents, but we''re not sure if they will keep her and our other is in a new home. He''s very spoiled - sleeps in bed with "Auntie Pam" and is hardly ever crated. I love pugs. They are just the best little devils.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. I just found out that FI won''t be able to make it for Christmas.

I''m really sad, but terribly frustrated as well. FI promised me we wouldn''t be spending Christmas apart this year, and we had agreed a while ago on going to my parents'' house. Last week, he suddenly decided he had to go spend some time with his family right before Christmas, so he dropped me off at my parents'' house and hopped a plane. This wouldn''t be a problem, except that the area in which his family lives is experiencing the worst winter weather they have had in probably 100 years; predictably, it''s a mess, with flights canceled and delayed and people stranded and the like. He knew that there was a very good chance that he might not make it back due to weather, but he decided to take the risk, despite my pleading with him not to do so. Sure enough, the 24th rolls around, and he is stuck. I really, really, really was looking forward to spending Christmas with him and not having to miss him at the holidays this year. I am heartbroken that he broke his promise to me and was so cavalier about spending Christmas together when he knew it was immensely important to me.

He has apologized profusely to me, but it feels like too little, too late. He might be able to make it late this evening on standby, but I know that it''s very unlikely. If you can, please send him some Christmas dust that he makes it onto this plane and arrives home safely.

Thanks for reading, PS friends. Just writing this down has made me feel a little better. I hope everyone has a joyous and wonderful Christmas, even if you are missing loved ones.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the dusting and for starting this wonderful thread Steel
emlove.gif
I now officially need PS as my +1 since DH just left for work, and dejavu again tomorrow night... but i'll be okay with all my PS buddies
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 5:22:41 PM
Author: kittybean
Hi everyone. I just found out that FI won''t be able to make it for Christmas.

I''m really sad, but terribly frustrated as well. FI promised me we wouldn''t be spending Christmas apart this year, and we had agreed a while ago on going to my parents'' house. Last week, he suddenly decided he had to go spend some time with his family right before Christmas, so he dropped me off at my parents'' house and hopped a plane. This wouldn''t be a problem, except that the area in which his family lives is experiencing the worst winter weather they have had in probably 100 years; predictably, it''s a mess, with flights canceled and delayed and people stranded and the like. He knew that there was a very good chance that he might not make it back due to weather, but he decided to take the risk, despite my pleading with him not to do so. Sure enough, the 24th rolls around, and he is stuck. I really, really, really was looking forward to spending Christmas with him and not having to miss him at the holidays this year. I am heartbroken that he broke his promise to me and was so cavalier about spending Christmas together when he knew it was immensely important to me.

He has apologized profusely to me, but it feels like too little, too late. He might be able to make it late this evening on standby, but I know that it''s very unlikely. If you can, please send him some Christmas dust that he makes it onto this plane and arrives home safely.

Thanks for reading, PS friends. Just writing this down has made me feel a little better. I hope everyone has a joyous and wonderful Christmas, even if you are missing loved ones.
***dusting***

I am sorry Kittybean. Men suck sometimes (Boo!). I hope he makes it home safely.

Big hug from ME!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 6:10:05 PM
Author: sukiisukii
thanks for the dusting and for starting this wonderful thread Steel
emlove.gif
I now officially need PS as my +1 since DH just left for work, and dejavu again tomorrow night... but i''ll be okay with all my PS buddies
36.gif
I am alone tonight too. So Mwuah to you from me!

(Going to do a quick tidy up and go to bed soon though - it will be midnight soon and Santa will be on his way!)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Great thread Steel!! I am here...obviously.
9.gif

I am fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on the sibling and the date) to have my family here with me.

Sending lots of dust for everyone who is trying to get to their destination for the holiday

I wish everyone a safe and joyful celebration.
35.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this thread Steel. I am alone.
8.gif
I was supposed to go to NYC with my husband and kids to see my IL''s, but I got the flu and couldn''t go. They won''t be back until Saturday. I miss my people.
7.gif
At least I have the dog.(and PS)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm officially all alone. I know I should be feeling
15.gif
, but instead I am feeling
36.gif
at the moment. Sometimes it's so nice to have the house to myself! DH will be gone until the 28th so we'll see how long I make it before I am missing him! His friend just got into town and the three of us went out for sushi and now they are off on the road.

Steel- Thanks for starting this thread. Yep it's pretty sad that DH's friend has to go through this. She was a few years younger and I think she just decided she wants something (or someone) else for her life. It came as quite a shock to him, but seriously he is in good hands with DH. DH is awesome at cheering people up!

DivaDiamond- Oh I am so sorry you miss your pugs! I'd give Oliver (my pug) a hug for you right now, but at the moment I have set up a pillow by the heater for him to sleep on so he will leave me alone! I am trying to work on a scrapbook, and the little punk keeps trying to force himself onto my lap! But he'll get lots of cuddles soon when I go to bed. May I ask why you had to give yours up? Is it because of allergies? It sounds like your boy pug is very happy. The amazing thing about pugs is that they just want to be loved and as long as they are, they are happy. I'm hoping the girl works out with your parents. Why do you think they might not keep her? If it doesn't work out you could find another home where she will get the attention she deserves. Anyway, I hope you don't let yourself feel too bad about it and find a way to enjoy your holiday. I'll be thinking of you.

Kittybean- Sending your FI dust to make it home safely! Why does there always have to be storms at Christmastime? Don't get me wrong, I love a White Christmas, but I can't tell you how many holidays have been miserable for me because either DH, Me, or Both of us together, have been stranded due to the weather. We are from Buffalo, NY so snow storms are pretty common! In fact, my proposal story revolves around a snow-storm at Christmas. I'll give you the summary: DH flying home to me on xmas, checked the ring in luggage
33.gif
(don't ask!
20.gif
), gets stranded, loses luggage, finally arrives but no luggage, we decide to drive all the way to NYC in the snowstorm to see if bag arrived there, not there, we hit "black ice" on the way back and get into scary accident, bag finally arrives 3 days later with ring! Yeah snow storms suck!

iluvcarats- Dogs and PS almost make up for it don't they?
9.gif
Hope your feeling better. I'm getting over a headcold too
14.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m sad to report that FI wasn''t able to make it home this evening, but it looks like he should be in tomorrow. Thanks a million for the dust! I appreciate your company, wonderful PS''ers. Lots of Christmas dust to everyone for a happy and safe holiday.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that the didn''t make it back kittybean. That''s really disappointing! I hope that he makes it tomorrow.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
35.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/24/2008 7:43:57 PM
Author: iluvcarats
8.gif
I was supposed to go to NYC with my husband and kids to see my IL''s, but I got the flu and couldn''t go. They won''t be back until Saturday. I miss my people.
7.gif

Hope you feel better quick! Get some rest. I have four children, so times without them around are rare. Nothing like pulling the covers back up, putting on your favorite girly movie, and just having some brief time to yourself.

My children are with my ex today, so I''ve got a bath running, and am going to take a much needed nap.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2008 2:23:40 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Date: 12/24/2008 7:43:57 PM

Author: iluvcarats

8.gif
7.gif

Hope you feel better quick! Get some rest. I have four children, so times without them around are rare. Nothing like pulling the covers back up, putting on your favorite girly movie, and just having some brief time to yourself.

My children are with my ex today, so I''ve got a bath running, and am going to take a much needed nap.

Thanks WE! I took a long, hot, UNINTERUPTED shower!
Hope you have a nice holiday!
35.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 1:34:48 PM
Author:Steel
For whatever the reason, if you happen to be alone or just not with the ones you love, then pop by and say hi.

It doesn''t matter if it is your parent(s) you are missing, if your sibling missed the flight home, if your SO has to work or if your beloved pet passed this year, come on in and share with us here.

Whoever is missing, let PS be your +1 this holiday season.
I am "alone" at this point because everyone else fell asleep after eating!!!!! I do think Pricescope has a way of keeping me company.. I often get caught up in old posts, and wonder what happend to some of the people who don''t post much anymore!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 11:41:38 PM
Author: mia1181
Well I''m officially all alone. I know I should be feeling
15.gif
, but instead I am feeling
36.gif
at the moment. Sometimes it''s so nice to have the house to myself! DH will be gone until the 28th so we''ll see how long I make it before I am missing him! His friend just got into town and the three of us went out for sushi and now they are off on the road.

Steel- Thanks for starting this thread. Yep it''s pretty sad that DH''s friend has to go through this. She was a few years younger and I think she just decided she wants something (or someone) else for her life. It came as quite a shock to him, but seriously he is in good hands with DH. DH is awesome at cheering people up!

DivaDiamond- Oh I am so sorry you miss your pugs! I''d give Oliver (my pug) a hug for you right now, but at the moment I have set up a pillow by the heater for him to sleep on so he will leave me alone! I am trying to work on a scrapbook, and the little punk keeps trying to force himself onto my lap! But he''ll get lots of cuddles soon when I go to bed. May I ask why you had to give yours up? Is it because of allergies? It sounds like your boy pug is very happy. The amazing thing about pugs is that they just want to be loved and as long as they are, they are happy. I''m hoping the girl works out with your parents. Why do you think they might not keep her? If it doesn''t work out you could find another home where she will get the attention she deserves. Anyway, I hope you don''t let yourself feel too bad about it and find a way to enjoy your holiday. I''ll be thinking of you.

Kittybean- Sending your FI dust to make it home safely! Why does there always have to be storms at Christmastime? Don''t get me wrong, I love a White Christmas, but I can''t tell you how many holidays have been miserable for me because either DH, Me, or Both of us together, have been stranded due to the weather. We are from Buffalo, NY so snow storms are pretty common! In fact, my proposal story revolves around a snow-storm at Christmas. I''ll give you the summary: DH flying home to me on xmas, checked the ring in luggage
33.gif
(don''t ask!
20.gif
), gets stranded, loses luggage, finally arrives but no luggage, we decide to drive all the way to NYC in the snowstorm to see if bag arrived there, not there, we hit ''black ice'' on the way back and get into scary accident, bag finally arrives 3 days later with ring! Yeah snow storms suck!

iluvcarats- Dogs and PS almost make up for it don''t they?
9.gif
Hope your feeling better. I''m getting over a headcold too
14.gif
Mia - My DH and I decided to move in with his parents so we can save money for our own place. It''s actually a really long story so I won''t get into all of that. We knew that we''d have to give them up but it has been one of the hardest things I''ve ever done. My mom likes to use our girl as a pawn of sorts so we never really know. It does seem though, after today, that they will be keeping her because she a real sweetie. She''s 6 and only wants one thing - LOVE. We rescued her from a bad situation so she''s extra special to us. Our boy is doing great in his new home which warms my heart. I wasn''t as attached to the cats but I still miss them too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS PS''ers!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I''m sorry Divadiamond, I''m sure it wasn''t an easy decision. But as long as they are being cared for and loved, they will be fine.

As for me, I am really okay being alone for the holidays, but I do wish DH was with me at dinner tonight. It was a little boring without him.
7.gif

Well he''ll be back soon enough. I guess I will enojy some "me time" and try not to miss him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results