shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
I think I''ve decided to go ahead and propose during a picnic this Saturday afternoon. She is suspecting me to ask her soon. I''m going to incorporate the ring into the dessert somehow. But, I still want it to be a complete surprise.

If she knows I have an out of the ordinary dessert; I think she will become suspicious. I think I might tell her I have a gift for her before dessert. The gift will be a reservation to her favorite restaurant in town for Saturday evening. It''s a very expensive Italian restaurant that we visit a few times a year. If I give this gift before we eat dessert maybe this will get her attention off the dessert and she may even think that I will propose during dinner.

I will wait about 10 minutes while we talk about the dinner that evening, then I will pull out the dessert. I will either have a cake with "Will you Marry Me" written on it; or I will have the ring in a chocolate box. This way she will not even be focusing on the dessert, because she will be very excited about our dinner that evening. Then hopefully she will be completely surprised when she opens the dessert. And then I will still take her out to eat that evening so see can show off her ring. I haven''t ironed out all the wrinkles so please let me know what you think. Any other ideas would be great.

Also, who should I have the ring insured through? I just purchased it two days ago.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you propose?! Dying to know details!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Pizzaboy,

How did it go??

As for insurance, I got a Chubb 'valuable article' stand alone policy through a local insurance co. that represents Chubb. I am very pleased with it.

Let us know how your proposal goes!!
9.gif

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
It went GREAT.

I purchased a box of Godiva chocolates and had a very small ring holder made to fit inside. I proposed at a very private local park; the park has little waterfalls, streams and tons of flowers everywhere. She was completely surprised. She actually didn't even notice the ring immediately. I thought she had a heart attach when she saw the ring. She absolutely loved the ring; she better like it, she picked it out
1.gif
But, she did'nt think I was going to purchase the exact ring she picked out; she did'nt think I could afford it, so she was very excited.

I didn't realize how fast woman start the planning process. It's only been 5 days and she already bought about 6 bride magazines, picked the time-date-place, and honeymoon destination
eek.gif

It was definitely worth it, she has been in the best mood since last Saturday. You can tell she is glowing with excitment. We've been together for about 5 years and I've never seen her this happy...

Yes, I ended up getting a policy through Chubb.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to hear that everything went smoothly. It sounds like it was a very romantic proposal.

So...have you shown your fiancee your famous "pooping the question" thread?
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Congrats!!! The whole thing sounds very dreamy!
1.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 4:27:18 PM pizzaboy wrote:

It went GREAT.

I purchased a box of Godiva chocolates and had a very small ring holder made to fit inside. I proposed at a very private local park; the park has little waterfalls, streams and tons of flowers everywhere. She was completely surprised. She actually didn't even notice the ring immediately. I thought she had a heart attach when she saw the ring. She absolutely loved the ring; she better like it, she picked it out
1.gif
But, she did'nt think I was going to purchase the exact ring she picked out; she did'nt think I could afford it, so she was very excited.

I didn't realize how fast woman start the planning process. It's only been 5 days and she already bought about 6 bride magazines, picked the time-date-place, and honeymoon destination
eek.gif

It was definitely worth it, she has been in the best mood since last Saturday. You can tell she is glowing with excitment. We've been together for about 5 years and I've never seen her this happy...

Yes, I ended up getting a policy through Chubb.

----------------

CONGRATS!!

I havent even popped the question yet but I BOUGHT like 6 Brides mags already....she knows its coming just doesnt know how or when...but we have started PRELIMINARY Planning.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2004 4:53:55 PM sumi wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to hear that everything went smoothly. It sounds like it was a very romantic proposal.

So...have you shown your fiancee your famous 'pooping the question' thread?
3.gif
----------------

Hah - I was wondering the same thing!

Congrats to you & Best Wishes to your Fiancee!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Oh Congrats!!!!
appl.gif

I know us girls tend to get so excited about planning and everything. I can only imagine how very excited she is about it all.

Best luck to the both of you!
1.gif

-Sarah

pizzaboy

Rough_Rock
Thank You!

Nope, I haven't shown her my previous post yet. I'll let you know her reaction; it should be a good one
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results