shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon''s new blue and pink diamond rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I ran across these a few days ago and am at a loss for words. Has anyone else been similarly impressed? Leon has said more than once that he likes to use pink accents with blue stones, but I've been unconvinced until now. I expect at least one of these is > $1mil. The three stones are vivids and the ring is for sale I see.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=178

r994_019Ww.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Not my cup of tea at all, but as usual, executed perfectly by Leon.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:31:51 PM
Author: surfgirl
Not my cup of tea at all, but as usual, executed perfectly by Leon.
Ditto.
40.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not artsy so maybe my taste is off, but to me, blue and pink seems to clash.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t throw either of them back but I wouldn''t be clawing my way to the front of the line either.
2.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:40:05 PM
Author: Chrono
I''m not artsy so maybe my taste is off, but to me, blue and pink seems to clash.
I thought the same....not the right proportions either. To each his own though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:41:17 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
I wouldn''t throw either of them back but I wouldn''t be clawing my way to the front of the line either.
2.gif
Yeah that''s how I feel too.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
It is nice work but I agree that isn''t my love either. If my man came home with that I would have his eye checked. I am glad someone loves it though, he is an artist.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
The first one isn''t bad, but I think the second is just too much. I wouldn''t turn either f them down though!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wouldn''t pay for it even if I could afford it, but it is very well done.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meh.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
"Meh." lol
11.gif

I really like the Montpassier design (the first one) but with that particular stone combination - the pink and blue...I dunno. However, I really like the odd shape of the centerstone. The oval/marquise shape...very interesting.

The second, well, frankly, reminds me of a hat for some reason...??? I''m sure the stone is stunning in person though! I guess I really am not an "all over pink pave" setting kind of girl...

I''m sure they both belong to very happy women!
5.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
er, I'm not sure what I think of them, but I wonder WHERE would you wear rings like that? They seem a bit like the modern version of a cocktail ring.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:22:05 PM
Author:elmo

Has anyone else been similarly impressed?
Not meeeeeeeee....
40.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first one. Probably cuz I luv color! I don''t think it would be something I would want to wear as an everyday ering though.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I liked the smaller colored stone rings that Leon had on the site with the halos and micropave. There are 3 rings with blue, pink or green center stones.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I guess its all a matter of taste...

But my hat off for the rarity!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Superb color intensity..., what I call SuperGems!!!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:40:05 PM
Author: Chrono
Ditto.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely find something to do with those pink pear sides...
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I''m really not feeling either of these. Just give me a cheap ol'' colorless diamond Leon Mege creation instead!

Diamond Luver

Rough_Rock
I don''t like either of them!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is pretty, but I am not sure that I like the color combination. Second one is not at all my style.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
So the consensus is this is either a case of rare-stone lust or (ahem) taste?
1.gif

Look at the level of finish on the second one, e.g. the tiny row of stones on the side, the smoothness of the pave on the shank, how artistically the top was assembled from different sizes. Looks like a step up even from his usually impeccable workmanship.

I guess that's part of the appeal to me here, when the great three-sided pave and huge colorless diamonds are the norm there, something like this with the unusual stones colors and designs, and what I think Garry had referred to as "exhibition quality" workmanship really stand out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iit''s not my style but the stones are lovely and the colors go well together.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m really sad to say that I don''t like them.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be the one to disagree with most of you but I really like the first one. This kind of thing is for the ultra-wealthy though. If I were married to a multi-millionaire businessman, I wouldn''t mind getting that first one in my stocking for Christmas!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Uhhhh, nope.

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
me either

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I think they would both make a nice Mother''s Ring. Rather than having the traditional gemstone thing, if you had a boy and girl the blue and pink would work.
2.gif

Kind of has me thinking, my children are all boys and I don''t have a Mother''s Ring yet, maybe I should put blue diamonds on my "someday" list!! Good way of justifying it!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results