shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I found this Leon Mege setting on his website that I love...at least from the one picture on this site. I wish he had multiple views so I could see the whole thing, but oh well. I was wondering roughly how much do his settings go for? I''m not expecting cheap, but how many thousands?? Also, can he modify settings to accomidate a round stone if it shows a cushion?
I don''t know how to insert a picture so here''s the link:

I like this ring

reena

Ideal_Rock
oooh, i love that ring (although the center stone is an asscher not a cushion). not sure how it would look with a round stone, but all of his settings are custom so i'm sure he could make it to accommodate anything you want.

the price would really depend on a number of factors (size stone, size finger, three sided or one sided pave, eternity style or not) but i would think it would fall somewhere between $3k and $5k.

you should just give leon a call and ask him!

1.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Reena,

Thanks for the response. I don''t want to contact Leon yet as I''m not ready to purchase so I don''t want to waste his time. I''m not sure if it would look good with a round stone...I don''t want an Asscher (I don''t think anyway) but I do love radiants...that may look better. That would probably look nicer than a round.

I would want 3 sided pave, no eternity...in case I have to size it later, size 5 finger, and I''m thinking 1.5 carat stone. I showed hubby that setting and he said he asked, "how much is that, 5 grand?" I said I don''t know, but it might be. He just rolled his eyes...men don''t get it.
2.gif
I was very impressed though when asked if the this setting was about the same price as Richard Krementz ones (I LOVE LOVE his designs).
30.gif

The only thing that scares me about radiant cuts that it seems like they are much harder to find a good cut. Aren''t fancy cuts typically less expensive than rounds of the same caliber?

BTW...I LOVE your ring and saw that on Leon''s website weeks ago and loved the "bubbles" on the crown. I do want something a little wider though as I won''t be wearing a wedding band.

It''s going to be a while before I can do this whole thing...hubby just graduated 2 weeks ago from Grad school (mucho school loans) and we are building right now. But I want my ring...I have no patience!
39.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
that''s really one of my all time favorite settings. it''s hard to tell because i can''t see what the underside of the ring looks like, but my own setting was 3-sided noneternity PLUS a bezel and all of that bubble detail under the stone, and it was $4200 (2.07 carat stone, size 4.25 finger). so don''t lose heart! it might be affordable (relatively speaking anyway)! and certainly as compared to a similar "designer" setting, which could easily run you $7k plus.

also, according to conventional wisdom you are correct--fancy shapes are generally less expensive than an RB of the same caratr weight. however, it can be so hard to find well-cut fancies in certain shapes (cushion and i would imagine radiant too) that the good ones do carry a premium! but im sure the experts here (of which i am not one!) can help you find a great stone of whatever shape. good luck and definitely keep us posted!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
By "designer" do you mean like Tacori, Ritani, etc? Or something else? It is a beautiful setting from the side angle isn''t! It''s just calling my name, "Amanda..."Amanda"...can you hear it?? LOL!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2004 5:59:53 PM
Author: orbaya
By ''designer'' do you mean like Tacori, Ritani, etc? Or something else?
yes exactly. i looked at those designers--also daniel k, michael b, JB Star, richard landi--and i found that even a more simple version of my setting (with less diamonds) would run me between $7 and $10k. ouch! maybe if you tell your fiancee-to-be that, he''ll perk up a little!
2.gif
i know mine was so excited that i no longer wanted the $10k michael b flower setting that he hardly paid attention to what leon was charging!
3.gif

by the way, i adore michael b and ritani and daniel k etc---i wasn''t trying to to discourage you from going that route if you prefer!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2004 6
6.gif
6:11 PM
Author: reena

Date: 11/30/2004 5:59:53 PM
Author: orbaya
By ''designer'' do you mean like Tacori, Ritani, etc? Or something else?
yes exactly. i looked at those designers--also daniel k, michael b, JB Star, richard landi--and i found that even a more simple version of my setting (with less diamonds) would run me between $7 and $10k. ouch! maybe if you tell your fiancee-to-be that, he''ll perk up a little!
2.gif
i know mine was so excited that i no longer wanted the $10k michael b flower setting that he hardly paid attention to what leon was charging!
3.gif

by the way, i adore michael b and ritani and daniel k etc---i wasn''t trying to to discourage you from going that route if you prefer!

I''m married...5 great years!
9.gif
He knows I want a larger diamond, I currently have 1 carat. He has no problem with, it''s the $$$$$$ he doesn''t like lol! He had better get used to it though! I was originally wanting a 2 carat, but if I end up with that setting, maybe I''ll go a little smaller. (Who am I kidding?)

I did a Pricescope search on Radiants and Cushions and I have NO idea what good cuts are for these stones...plus it seems like most of their polish and symmetry is Good/Good. Is that common?

The other thing is I''ll need to get my dream diamond thru an upgrade policy. So I''ll need a vendor that offers 100% upgrade policy...for life in case I want to even bigger someday!! The one I''ve seen so far like that is Whiteflash...any other suggestions of great vendors?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Reena,
I just showed my hubby your ring because it comes from the same place of that setting. He thought it was very nice, and then I showed him the bubbles on side and he said "it looks like a diamond basket." lol.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i used mark at engagementringsdirect. he''s wonderful. i believe he offers 90% upgrades. (some of the other vendors do offer 100% i believe but i found mark''s prices to be the best.) also, you would be totally safe going with any of the other vendors--good old gold, whiteflash, etc etc etc.
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i think if you find the stone you really want the price differences are not huge................Dirt Cheap Diamonds often has the best prices .......whiteflash is very good as well. the farther the vendor is physically located away from civilization and/or a major city the better the prices are...............no kidding.

BLue Nile gets a bad rap but I believe it is encouraged by the other online vendors and others threatened by BLue Nile.........their prices are 50/50 right in there with everyone else.............and better in some cases.

I found a stone once that was cheaper at BN than DCD and another that was cheaper than ERDirect

upgrades--most offer something--negotiate

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Another question...I did a pricescope search and found that most vendors that carry the same stone are relatively close in price. Although I found DCD to be quite a bit cheaper on some stones but not on others. Why is that?

Radiants are so much more confusing than rounds! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results