shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege French Wire dangle diamond earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CowBelle

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new to posting, so please forgive me if I am violating any pricescope protocol. I have several questions regarding the Leon Mege French Wire dangle earrings shown at the links below.

Does anyone have these earrings? If yes, then would you please, please tell me if they are easy to put on? My earring holes are high on my ear lobes and I am afraid that I would have a difficult time feeding the wire through my earring holes. And would it damage the wire if I had to slightly bend it in order to put them through the earring hole, and then bend back in order to fit into the closing mechanism.

Do you think that these earrings look casual? Assume that I had a pair in yellow gold with 2 carat total weight diamond brilliants. I want a pair of earrings that can be worn in any situation.

I also wonder if Leon Mege would make these earrings in yellow gold. Since his website name is Art of Platinum, I am wondering if he strictly uses platinum.

Also, do you recommend any other vendors for this type of shepherd hook or leverback dangle earring style?

I have searched the various forums for this info, but I have not been able to find anything. I greatly appreciate any suggestions. THANK YOU!

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=123

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=158

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon only works in platinum. you might try contacting WF for a quote on something similiar in YG. they do wonderful custom work and have many happy customers here on pricescope.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can only imagine because I LOVE them and really do not think studs look great on me. Of course I just reset my studs and so I am not doing anything right now, but hey, maybe next time. I just ADORE those.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 8:38:20 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Leon only works in platinum.
Are sure, MrsS?? I would have said yes he will work in YG...although you don't see it often on his site...

Funny coincidence...I just moments ago saved that pic (#123) to my file for future reference. I was wondering...for ERs, do you think it's worth paying the extra $$ for leon?

Great heads, I know, but for earrings, I wonder how much that matters?

widget

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
I think those earrings are beautiful! I don''t think Leon does a lot of work in yellow gold, but there is a picture of a ring on his site in yellow gold so it looks like he does use it.

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
Those earrings are beautiful! I don''t think Leon does a lot of work in yellow gold, but there is a picture of a ring on his website made in yellow gold so it looks like he does use it.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE the first ones! Please post ear shots if you have them made.
26.gif

CowBelle

Rough_Rock
Yes, I will definitely post photos if I have them made.

**Do you know anyone who owns a pair of these earrings?? I am wondering if they are hard to put on. My earring holes are high on my earlobe.

Thanks everyone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 9:09:58 PM
Author: widget
Date: 1/23/2007 8:38:20 PM

Leon only works in platinum.
Are sure, MrsS?? I would have said yes he will work in YG...although you don''t see it often on his site...

widget

you know widget, I thought I remembered reading that on his site but I did just go and recheck and it''s not clear. It sure would be worth it to ask him if someone was interested. I know at one time he wouldn''t even consider working with whitegold, but I don''t know if that''s changed at all either. He''s changed his website since I was last considering him and none of that info is on there any more.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2007 11:11:13 PM

you know widget, I thought I remembered reading that on his site but I did just go and recheck and it''s not clear. It sure would be worth it to ask him if someone was interested. I know at one time he wouldn''t even consider working with whitegold, but I don''t know if that''s changed at all either. He''s changed his website since I was last considering him and none of that info is on there any more.
I think it''s MM who has recently decided not to work in YG.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:26:12 AM
Author: JulieN
I think it''s MM who has recently decided not to work in YG.

Hmm I think MWM does work in YG because he offers the sunburst in a YG version. However, I think he only offers platinum for custom work. Not 100% sure though!

On topic, those earrings are gorgeous! Do let us know if u decide to get them made because we will love earshots
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:11:13 PM

. I know at one time he wouldn''t even consider working with whitegold...
This very well could still be true. I think there are quite a few designers who won''t work in white gold, but will work in yellow....

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results