Ideal_Rock
I just fell off my chair.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1294816224|2820535 said:
Okay. So. I've seen a lot of Leon halo's so... I was prepared to just click and move on. But I have to admit. It is perfection. Seriously. I love the larger point size and the high polish donut. It's a stunning ring. Great job!

Ditto Gypsy, indeed this ring is true perfection...I absolutely love everything about it... :love:

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
it's gorgeous and i especially love the shot of the underside! your mom will love it.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Exquisite! I know this is your Mom's ring, but it looks so lovely on your hand. Your Mom will be stunned!!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thankyou so much again everyone ! (( HUGS ))

the journey was ridden with worries coupled with a very long wait (it was 6 weeks including the 1 week xmas holiday, so it's actually quite fast according to LM standards) but i'm so thrilled that it is finally over and more importantly how it turned out! the ring is extremely sturdy even though it looks super delicate in person. i love how low set the ring shank is, making the ring extremely comfortable to wear and does not scratch the adjacent fingers. also, the

i'm heading to David Wolf for a full on appraisal appointment on Monday so i should be able to report back the exact mm measurements of every little aspect of the ring (ring shank width / halo width / setting height, etc)... if any of you are interested in knowing (i know i would be if i would plan a project with LM !)

one interesting thing i have noticed is LM's choice in orientating the center stone when setting it with the 4 claw prongs - he chose to set it off square, which does block the arrows in an RB diamond. I've never encountered this before since all my jewelers set my RB diamonds square on so that the prongs do not obstruct the view of the arrows (well, when viewed very closely or with an idealscope). I finally came to realize the reason for this after watching the following video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p81BXM-bDyE

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Great video, that was interesting!

Any chance we could see your's side by side w/ your Moms? Are you really considering changing your's?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
ringabling, just thinking about you !!

not at home right now, but i found 2 eerily identical hand shots of both rings so i put them together for you ... the LM ring is putting mine to shame! i do remember when i first met with LM he did criticize how "terrible" the bead set was on my pave ring's shank! :nono: ;(

uh oh ... seeing this photo is giving me DSS ..... :o

lmvsmb.jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Heeey :bigsmile:

He did not!!! he can be a little stinker can't he? LOL! No filter.
I'd love to see them SBS up close. I LOVE your ring and had I nor ordered w/ Leon, I'd probably have ordered the Paris.
Don't have DSS, your's is really beautiful!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering if your mom will be wearing a band with her ring or if it will stand alone?

Your ring is very beautiful as well - two different looks but both very beautiful!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i spoke to her on the phone last night after i emailed her photos ! she was very very pleased ...

MGR, both my parents do not even wear wedding bands anymore ... my mom just wears whatever ring that's to her liking, so i doubt she will be wearing this ring with another band. however, i had LM leave the gallery (donut) with no melee so that she at least has the option...

speaking of which i am so tempted to order an adrianna pave band ..... :devil:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a knockout!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah|1294956584|2822059 said:
i spoke to her on the phone last night after i emailed her photos ! she was very very pleased ...

MGR, both my parents do not even wear wedding bands anymore ... my mom just wears whatever ring that's to her liking, so i doubt she will be wearing this ring with another band. however, i had LM leave the gallery (donut) with no melee so that she at least has the option...

speaking of which i am so tempted to order an adrianna pave band ..... :devil:

For you or for her? I bet it would be gorgeous!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Your ring is absolutely stunning. As others have mentioned, the proportions are perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, an E IF! A perfect setting for a nearly perfect diamond! Your hands are beautiful, too! And so is your e-ring, even without a Leon setting!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i know, she deserves it ! a mother of four rowdy kids... we are 31, 27, 22 and 21 years old... i just don't understand how she can stay a size 2 (same size as me) at age 56... she's been a great mom so she deserves everything !!!!!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
MGR ... i was thinking for ME ... but i should discuss this with my siblings and perhaps to make her one for mother's day ! :appl:

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
omg! :shock: pretiest ring e v e r!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah|1294983358|2822481 said:
MGR ... i was thinking for ME ... but i should discuss this with my siblings and perhaps to make her one for mother's day ! :appl:

Then you would have matching mother/daughter rings - love the idea - even if only you get one - ha!

Is there a picture of it someplace?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
yes ! Heb has one to match her leon RB halo ....

the ring at the bottom is the adrianna band i believe ....

Picture%202.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah|1295039677|2822922 said:
yes ! Heb has one to match her leon RB halo ....

the ring at the bottom is the adrianna band i believe ....

Picture%202.png

That is really beautiful! I love it!

After creating that lovely ring for your mother, you deserve to have one!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
totally awesome ring - a beautiful masterpiece from Leon
congrats on it !!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: WOW! Gorgeous.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely stunning, Frankie! Love that the donut is larger and highly polished, and that diamond is quite spectacular! Your hands are really beautiful, as well!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The ring is absolute perfection :love: Your Mom will be thrilled!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Another LM masterpiece. I absolutely love his work. Your ring is so gorgeous!! I love the closeup top view photo. To die for!! :love: :love: :love:

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
Stunning Frankie! You're making me want to halo mine!!! (which I think I will!)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Frankie- the ring is just stunning!! I LOVE the proportions of the halo and shank to the center stone! I love the height that the stone was set at and I also really love that the donut is plain. I think the entire ring is perfect! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

Were you able to get all the mm measurements (halo, shank)? I'm interested to know :) Also what size stones were used in the setting?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thankyou everyone once again for your sweet comments ! :wavey:

LALove, i went to David Wolf on Monday and i have to honestly say that i had the best 1.5 hours learning and chatting with this very sweet man ! He was just amazing to work with, chatted with me like an old friend, and was just a great human being all in all !

he is to send me a PDF appraisal report on the ring (by tomorrow), i can report back on this thread as soon as i receive it, but here is what i remember from the meeting:

- david's estimation of the melee diamonds was 0.84ct (a little less than the 0.96ct as mentioned on the LM invoice). he did tell me that he usually underestimates by a little and that's due to the difficulty to estimate when the melee diamonds are already set. another reason is, melee diamonds are weighed as a bunch (they are too light to be on the scale one by one). After weighing the diamonds, the designer would then give, say 1.00 ctw to the setter, and the setter would return the "unused" ones to LM at the end of the project. LM will then subtract the leftovers to yield the total carat used on a certain ring. many times, the setter would chip a few diamonds out of the bunch through the setting process (this is to be expected during a micro pave process), and even though that the setter is supposed to tell the designer how many diamonds he had chipped, many times they fail to do so (either they don't bother to or are embarrassed to do so), and therefore the final melee carat count can be slightly inaccurate. David did reassure me that the melee diamonds used are such high quality ones that the price i am paying per carat really is a good deal and shouldn't worry about the small amount of discrepancy. onto the individual melee size - for the stems David told me the melee was about 0.0065ct, and on the halo it was right about 0.012ct - don't quote me on these numbers until i see my report tomorrow to verify ...

- i was a tiny bit surprised as to the shank / halo mm measurements ... David measured the halo and shank at several points, since the ring is completely hand crafted, it is impossible for a shank / halo to have a 100% consistent mm width and one must take the average. the halo was measured between 1.65-1.75mm. the shank measured between 1.90-2.00mm, the height of the diamond was set at right around 1.5mm measured from the bottom of the gallery (or top of the finger) to the culet of the diamond. i remember telling LM that i wanted a 1.8mm shank - even though visually it is still extremely dainty and would not have known that it was a teeny bit wider in measurement, i was a little disappointed that LM did not achieve the 1.8mm goal for me ...

the rest i will have to report back tomorrow ...

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Wow, all of your threads are so helpful - thanks for sharing so much detailed information! It will be invaluable to future PSers who are interested in working with Leon.

Your band looks so dainty - even if Leon didn't hit the 1.8mm mark on the shank, I think the proportions are pretty much perfect. And glad to hear he stuck with your setting height request - I think it looks great and I'm not sure why he tends to be resistant towards setting things slightly higher, since he can obviously execute the request beautifully!

Also, may I ask for details about the stunning eternity band you're wearing in your RLP shots? Do you know the size of the stones in that one? (and where did you get it? It looks very low set, which I love). It really holds its own beautifully alongside the halo on the other hand (and I'm going to be wearing my new Leon on my right hand, so looking to upgrade my eternity band on the left....)

Thanks for all the pix and commentary - your thread is a fun read and I keep coming back! Feel free to add more pix any time :naughty:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Frankie!!!!! (At work now so can't post a lengthy reply) Even though the mm is just slightly different than discussed I really think the proportions and the melee size is 100% perfect! I'm going to use these measurements when I design my upgrade setting (future project).

Love Street -- when will you get your gorgeous AVC back? I cannot wait to see it!!!!!! What setting are you getting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results