shape
carat
color
clarity

Learning to invest: book reps and other tips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I've decided I should probably take a more active role in creating and managing my portfolio. Currently, I do have savings and an RRSP but I have been relatively passive overall.

So... where to begin? My dad is pretty financially savvy so that's a great starting point, but I'd love to have some other outside sources to explore as well. However, there's SO much information out there that it's hard to know where to begin.

Any recs for a really solid book on investment strategy? One of my issues is that most of the beginner books appear to be targeted more towards minimizing debt, budgeting, saving etc -- stuff like Smart Couples Finich Rich (which is good, but just not what I need for this purpose). I've got that part down. It's what to DO with the money that I'm unsure of. I should also note, I am familiar with the Time Value of Money and other financial concepts from university. They just never taught us anything on a personal financial level.

Help?
34.gif

ETA: the title should read "book recs"! Not reps! But I can't seem to edit the subject line. Sorry about the typo.

shel

Shiny_Rock
Read "The Bogleheads'' Guide to Investing."

http://www.amazon.com/Bogleheads-Guide-Investing-Taylor-Larimore/dp/0470067365/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222115106&sr=8-1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results