shape
carat
color
clarity

Layering Pendant Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
What do you all think of this look? Stopped by NM today and tried on this set for look - pave diamond pendant with a couple of diamonds by the inch necklaces. Do you like the 3 necklaces together or would the set look better with 2?

Thanks.

Yurman3.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it! the one to please, though, is you......

movie zombie

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I really like all the necklaces, but I would wear just the two, and the pendant alone.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
The like the 3-layered look
21.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 10:17:34 AM
Author: hlmr
I really like all the necklaces, but I would wear just the two, and the pendant alone.
Ditto. I like all 3, but think they are too much together. I like the 2 different lengths of the diamonds by the yard style necklaces together; the pendant I would wear alone. If you want to combine the pendant with a DBTY necklace, I would put the pendant on a shorter chain and combine it with 1 longer DBTY necklace.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 10:17:34 AM
Author: hlmr
Ditto!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love the layered look- I think that the way to go though might be to get one LONG DBTY necklace that you can wrap around 2 times and then adjust the length and either have the pendant fall between the 2 chains, or have the pendant be on a shorter chain and have the pendant up higher... so that the chains aren''t cris-crossing and getting tangled.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks gals for the feedback. I haven't tuned in for 24 hours and wonder if anyone is still interested. Anyway, I found this on sale at Bloomindale's and brought it home for DH to check out. It's lighter (example, the chair is more refined) than the first pendant I posted.

Bloomies3a.JPG

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Here it is with some DBTY. What do you think...alone or with the DBTY? BTW, my style is jeans, James Perse T, leather or fur jacket. Is the whole thing too busy?

The pendant is a hair smaller than a penny - is it too big?

Bloomies4a.JPG

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a close up of the pendant. After doing a little research on the net, it sort of reminds me of a Roberto Coin necklace...oh well, the price was right!

Pendant1a.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it looks better layered. if the chain length were shorter, it might look good alone but the dbty layers fill up the space and it looks nice.
i like it!
36.gif

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Belle - Appreciate your 2 cents. What if I shorten the pendant and wore 2 layers of DBY below?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry jo, i am totally a visual learner. could you pull the pendant up and take another shot? i really like the ''layered'' look now. i''m thinking if you shortened the pendant it wouldn''t be so much layered but more concentric. i don''t know if that''s good or bad so a pic would really help.
if another pic would be too much trouble, sight unseen, i would vote for the shortened pendant alone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

They are all so lovely, and look very well together!

cheers--Sharon

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I like it best with the 2nd pendant you posted....would you consider wearing the layered necklace with a round blue sapphire pendant??
a little color would make it pop!

Jo

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate your ideas. Wish I had more time during the day to respond and chat. Unfortunately I''m working or keeping the house together until the wee hours. Anyway...

belle - I think you''re right about the concentric shortening the pendant and ending up with a concentric look, hence no longer layered.

Sophie - I see what you''re saying; blue sapphire instead of the large pave diamond piece. Will think about it; altho not into a lot of color. I''m more of a black/white/gray with a few "diamond sparklies" kinda gal (keeps me from spending $$ on different colored accessories..haha).

OKAY, NOW FOR MY LATEST DILEMA:

See how these DBY bezel set diamonds flip around (RED arrows below)? I mean, they are small but if someone has good vision they''ll see a culet staring at them.

Would that bug the heck out of you?

Flipping.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the layered look but would like it more if your pendant could go through all three (like have a hinge on the back, more of an enhancer style) I think it would be a cleaner look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results