shape
carat
color
clarity

LAWYER HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Guys,

Do any of you guys know a really good lawyer (divorce) in Los Angeles?
My sister''s husband just left her and she''s 4 months pregnant with TWINS! When she came home from a business trip her house was practically empty and he left the papers on the kitchen counter. How awful!
Please let me know...

Thanks,

ello

Brilliant_Rock
BUMP

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know a lawyer. I just wanted to say that I''m so sorry to hear this and I''m happy that you''ll be there for your sister!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has she called the Bar Association? They could recommend someone.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had to employ the services of a lawyer...I do just want to say that this is SO horrible. I don''t know the whole story obviously but regardless that was a crappy thing to do and a crappy way to do it.
38.gif

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any legal advice but just wanted to chime in with my sympathies to your sister.

What an awful thing to do to someone at such a vulnerable time in their life.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I have no expert advice to offer, but please, please tell me it isn''t a ''no-fault divorce'' state!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
There are, fortunately or unfortunately, approximately a gazillion family practice lawyers in the Los Angeles area. I do know a couple, but unfortunately they're in the Gloria Allred league (including Allred herself).

Her best bet is to call around and hire the one she feels most comfortable with. IMO, she should look for someone who listens well and handles the case the way she wants it handled. Good communication is key.

California is a no-fault state and a community property state.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Ries~
No new advice here either, but I am so sorry for your sister''s pain. Good luck!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know anyone but calling the Bar Associations is a good idea. You could also call the law schools and see if they have referrals, possibly talk to the Family Law instructors or see if anyone has a clinic.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results