shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender and Mint

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,
Such nice stones!! It''s cool how similar the sapphire is next to the spinels. Do you think the sapphire is as lively and firey as the spinels, or vice versa, or are they about the same?

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Wow that tourmaline is TDF!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 5:09:42 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Lovely lavenders! Do you think you could post even more pictures of the sapphire
1.gif
? I''d love to see. What do you think of it?
Sure! I won''t be able to take more pictures until finals are over. I promised myself that I''d respond to you guys and then get on it. But not to worry, it should only be a couple of days! I love the sapphire, It is gorgeous, it turns a steely blue/periwinkle in natural light. And the cutting is amazing. Of course!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 5:53:23 AM
Author: arjunajane
ah freke what lovely lavenders, you have been busy!
Do please post some more individual shots of each - they are all very pretty, I love it how each has a slightly different hue of lavender.

Do you have a fave?
I know! I went a little bit overboard. They are all so different, I don''t know that I could choose a favorite! I''ll have to think about it. For a GOOD LONG TIME.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really happy for you Freke
36.gif
Good luck with your finals!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:14:11 AM
Author: arjunajane
Freke you mentioned in the other thread you may send one back?
Which one and how come..?
7.gif
The one I was talking about is not in these photos, actually. The other one is too big for what I was planning for it, and a bit too dark. So it''s going to go back where it came from, and go find itself a new home.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:15:45 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Freke the Sapphire from Gene is gorgeous! I''ve had that on my radar for a while and wondered what it would be like in real life. Now I know and it''s even better! Many congratulations on your lovely purchases.
Thanks LD! I''m really really happy with it. I have admired it for over a year now, and I''m so happy it''s mine now! I think it needs to be another ering.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:29:27 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Date: 12/13/2009 1:17:33 AM
Author: FrekeChild
And then LIB''s spinel.

Spinel (J) 1.55 ct. 5.8 x 7.6 mm [Gec: N] Supernova Oval Cut. This Tanzanian piece has medium light, moderately greyish blue violet color and is flawless at 10X. BB.
Freke-all you new stones gorgeous!

May I ask who LIB is?
Thanks. The LIB spinel is actually not new, but I had to photograph it with the others, plus it hasn''t had a decent photoshoot to date. LIB is actually LoveInBloom, a member here who is known for her love of all things VanCraeynest(sp?). She had bought this spinel over a year and a half ago, and I fell in love with it then. It has been well documented here on PS, just not by me!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Freke, your new gems are beautiful!! I was wondering who picked up that sapphire from Gene, and I''m glad it was you! So many lavenders gems...are you going to put them in the same piece? Make a matching set? I''ve always wondered how gems of the same color but different species stack up against each other...would it be hard to tell that the are not from the same species if you put them next to each other?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:41:51 AM
Author: ma re
I''d be interested to see the lavender cushion set in RG. I''d probably go for WG for the octagon and consider something two tone for that large oval. But that''s just my opinion.

P. S. Nerd?! Me?! Naaaaah. OK maybe a little...
9.gif
Lol. Nerd indeed.

I was considering tapered bullets for the octagon, and I haven''t even gotten close to thinking about metals yet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 9:11:56 AM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, beautiful stones, Freke! Are you going to create a different piece for each lavender stone or combine them into a larger one?
I think different ones. I''m leaning towards a solitaire for the Peter stone, or perhaps a halo and probably sidestones for the others. I don''t think I could put them in something besides rings. I want to be able to look at them!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m always SO excited to see your photos....BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones Freke!
30.gif
I have quite the soft spot for that Sapphire, its got a very romantic look to it.

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 10:07:01 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Freke,

Such nice stones!! It''s cool how similar the sapphire is next to the spinels. Do you think the sapphire is as lively and firey as the spinels, or vice versa, or are they about the same?
From what I can tell, they are about the same. I haven''t been able to take them out into the sunlight yet (they arrived last night and it''s cloudy today) so I don''t know from that perspective, but they look like they could all be the same species under the halogens. I don''t know if it''s the cutting or what, but I''m not arguing with it!
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 11:56:35 AM
Author: Rachel9
Wow that tourmaline is TDF!
30.gif
Thanks Rachel! It looks a lot more yellow in the pictures than it is in real life. I''m guessing that it has something to do with the lighting. It definitely has more of a blue tint under other lighting conditions.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 2:38:18 PM
Author: szh07
Freke, your new gems are beautiful!! I was wondering who picked up that sapphire from Gene, and I''m glad it was you! So many lavenders gems...are you going to put them in the same piece? Make a matching set? I''ve always wondered how gems of the same color but different species stack up against each other...would it be hard to tell that the are not from the same species if you put them next to each other?
Thanks szh! Yeah, I was being rather secretive about grabbing it. Definitely different pieces. I have too many ideas still...

I think it would be hard to tell the difference without a loupe and other tools. Part of the problem is that they look so different. It seems as though the oval spinel and the sapphire are almost identical in color, but they are so different from each other. I haven''t had the chance to really examine them yet, so I''ll have to get back to you guys when I get the chance.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 2:41:38 PM
Author: loriken214
I''m always SO excited to see your photos....BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif

Lori
Thanks Lori! I love them so...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 2:47:42 PM
Author: Arcadian
Beautiful stones Freke!
30.gif
I have quite the soft spot for that Sapphire, its got a very romantic look to it.

-A
How would you set it Arcadian? It is very feminine, with a slight icy edge to it. It leaves me wondering what the heck I can do with it?!
33.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just lovely! I am especially drawn to the PT stone! what a beautiful cut!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ye, I''d rather get lavender and mint gemstones instead of smelly bath stuff.
11.gif
Nice stone, Freke. I was sure all the 3 lavender stones were spinels so the sapphire was a surprise.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke! The title of this thread just made me SWOON!!!! When I went to open up the thread I nudged my way closer to the monitor to see all the green and lavendar beautifulness- making up my own words now! and I was NOT disappointed. I love the stones- especailly the lavendar from Peter! What are you going to do witht the trio?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Freke!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing number of purchases you have there!! I really like the colors on all of them.

I did thing that Sapphire would have a bit of a multicolor look though, and it doesn''t. Is it what you expected?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I love them all!

(And there is still more to come in the next week or so...)

I''ll be back later when this final paper is finito.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 2:36:44 PM
Date: 12/13/2009 7:29:27 AM

Author: stepcutnut

Date: 12/13/2009 1:17:33 AM

And then LIB''s spinel.

Spinel (J) 1.55 ct. 5.8 x 7.6 mm [Gec: N] Supernova Oval Cut. This Tanzanian piece has medium light, moderately greyish blue violet color and is flawless at 10X. BB.

Freke-all you new stones gorgeous!

May I ask who LIB is?

Thanks. The LIB spinel is actually not new, but I had to photograph it with the others, plus it hasn''t had a decent photoshoot to date. LIB is actually LoveInBloom, a member here who is known for her love of all things VanCraeynest(sp?). She had bought this spinel over a year and a half ago, and I fell in love with it then. It has been well documented here on PS, just not by me!
Thanks for the info, I am very familiar with LoveInBlooms fabulous VC collection and do remember her violet spinel-but I always remember it looking much more purple, so didn''t recongnize this spinel as hers!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 4:44:56 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Those are just lovely! I am especially drawn to the PT stone! what a beautiful cut!
Thanks CCN! It''s really gorgeous! He said it''s a "Bobcat Oval", but it looks like a slightly elongated cushion to me!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:12:53 PM
Author: Chrono
Ye, I''d rather get lavender and mint gemstones instead of smelly bath stuff.
11.gif
Nice stone, Freke. I was sure all the 3 lavender stones were spinels so the sapphire was a surprise.
Lol me too! Stinky bath stuff....

I am to surprise!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:51:25 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Hey Freke! The title of this thread just made me SWOON!!!! When I went to open up the thread I nudged my way closer to the monitor to see all the green and lavendar beautifulness- making up my own words now! and I was NOT disappointed. I love the stones- especailly the lavendar from Peter! What are you going to do witht the trio?
I''m leaning towards a halo for the PT spinel, tapered bullets for the sapphire and I still have no idea about the BB oval.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:00:13 PM
Author: Catmom
Very pretty Freke!
36.gif
Thanks Michelle!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results