shape
carat
color
clarity

LaurenThePartier''s Mozambique Tourmaline RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Dangit girl! You have me looking at the Lord of the Gems listings on ebay too! lol

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is just simply stunning, I love it :D

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Gorgeous colour, amazing cut... and I lurve the setting!

I also loved the extra chance to ogle your stunning wedding set in one of the pics too. I just love the perfect simplicity of your asscher set, Lauren - it''s one of my absolute favourites on PS. :)

And now I love your new ring too!

x x x

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 11:50:13 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 8/22/2008 10:33:08 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 8/22/2008 10:25:03 PM
lauren, it looks fabulous!
36.gif

the green is stunning on you, and wow that setting really does hold its own doesn't it?
You are so going to start a trend here, lol..

I hope you don't mind, I just have a couple more Q's - would you mind to disclose what finger size you are on your RH - I am trying to decide whether to have it sized for my ring finger or middle finger - is it comfy? As in, the halo doesn't dig in to your other fingers or anything..?

Also, the setting actually looks even better than I thought close up - the milgrain nice and fine etc.. how much of that is the original , or did your jeweller have to put in alot of work?

I hope you aren't getting tired of all my nagging questions, lol..
20.gif

Congrats again on your gorgeous (bargain) ring !
1.gif
Hey, if it's a trend that saves PSers money, I'm all for it!
3.gif

I went with a 5.25 for my right hand. It's a touch too big, and it's actually very comfy since it's such a thin shank.

The miligraining everywhere but under the stone was completely original. I did have him polish out the inside of the basket, too. I think it really helped a lot!

And feel free to ask away - I can't wait to see what you come up with!
That really helps, thankyou!

Ok, I'll ask another one
3.gif
are your melee full cut or single? LOGR advised me you can have either for same price - your diamonds look nice, so I'll just go with whatever you had..

Sorry for jacking your SMTR thread !
No worries, dear - I'm pretty sure there will be about 10 more of these settings around here in the near future.
2.gif

I never had the chance to choose my melee type, but based on what I see, I would say these are single cuts. They're nice and sparkly, and I think I underestimated their quality. These are closer to H-I/SI1 and really very sparkly. My jeweler was shocked at how much I paid for it.
27.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 1:57:57 PM

No worries, dear - I'm pretty sure there will be about 10 more of these settings around here in the near future.
2.gif

I never had the chance to choose my melee type, but based on what I see, I would say these are single cuts. They're nice and sparkly, and I think I underestimated their quality. These are closer to H-I/SI1 and really very sparkly. My jeweler was shocked at how much I paid for it.
27.gif
I was thinking along the same lines, that they look like single cuts..Its that "antique-y" look they give off
5.gif
I may try to send your pic to the vendor to ask - are you happy with those, or would have preferred the choice of full cut do you think?
I'm glad to hear the quality is higher than what you first thought - and I bet your jeweller was shocked !

I imagine your right that we will be seeing plenty of these settings, and rightly so - I just hope it doesn't mean he puts the prices up..
7.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:42:47 PM

No worries, dear - I''m pretty sure there will be about 10 more of these settings around here in the near future.
2.gif

I never had the chance to choose my melee type, but based on what I see, I would say these are single cuts. They''re nice and sparkly, and I think I underestimated their quality. These are closer to H-I/SI1 and really very sparkly. My jeweler was shocked at how much I paid for it.
27.gif
I was thinking along the same lines, that they look like single cuts..Its that ''antique-y'' look they give off
5.gif
I may try to send your pic to the vendor to ask - are you happy with those, or would have preferred the choice of full cut do you think?
I''m glad to hear the quality is higher than what you first thought - and I bet your jeweller was shocked !

I imagine your right that we will be seeing plenty of these settings, and rightly so - I just hope it doesn''t mean he puts the prices up..
7.gif
I love the antique-ey look, since the BB stone has such chunky flashes of light. I''m still not 100% sure what my diamonds are, but I don''t think I would have changed my mind. Although, maybe if shown a comparison I might have selected one over the other.

I hope he doesn''t jack up the prices, too - I''m thinking of buying one more at $249 just to make sure I can get another one for another future stone. I love this setting, and I''d love to have one in every colour!
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom - Michelle, thank you, dear! I always love to see your av in threads!

Jelly - I''ve been converted recently, as well. I thought it was lovely unset, it''s just GORGEOUS now that it''s been set.

Kaleigh - Thank you so much! I''m wearing it again today . . . I''m going to have to go buy more green clothes!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deelight - thank you!

Cleo - You are way too sweet - thank you so much for your kind words! I''ll take more pics with my e-ring soon!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:49:49 PM

No worries, dear - I''m pretty sure there will be about 10 more of these settings around here in the near future.
2.gif

I never had the chance to choose my melee type, but based on what I see, I would say these are single cuts. They''re nice and sparkly, and I think I underestimated their quality. These are closer to H-I/SI1 and really very sparkly. My jeweler was shocked at how much I paid for it.
27.gif
I was thinking along the same lines, that they look like single cuts..Its that ''antique-y'' look they give off
5.gif
I''m glad to hear the quality is higher than what you first thought - and I bet your jeweller was shocked !

I imagine your right that we will be seeing plenty of these settings, and rightly so - I just hope it doesn''t mean he puts the prices up..
7.gif
I love the antique-ey look, since the BB stone has such chunky flashes of light. I''m still not 100% sure what my diamonds are, but I don''t think I would have changed my mind. Although, maybe if shown a comparison I might have selected one over the other.

I hope he doesn''t jack up the prices, too - I''m thinking of buying one more at $249 just to make sure I can get another one for another future stone. I love this setting, and I''d love to have one in every colour!
11.gif
Lol, I love your thinking ! Maybe thats the solution to my dilemma of yellow vs white gold - One Of Each, One of Each..hrmmm..
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:53:53 PM

Date: 8/23/2008 3:49:49 PM

2.gif

27.gif
5.gif

7.gif

11.gif
Lol, I love your thinking ! Maybe thats the solution to my dilemma of yellow vs white gold - One Of Each, One of Each..hrmmm..
2.gif
Your DH would KILL me!
6.gif

But, he''d have to find me first.
11.gif
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lauren- I had my eye on that stone for a while before you picked it up! So glad it went to a pser, and in such an awesome setting. Love it
36.gif

Of course, now you have me looking at these ebay settings as well. Did you go w/ the 14k gold, SI diamonds? Their listings mention they "recommend" upgrading to 18k and VS diamonds, which made me wonder if their SI isn''t really SI..

Hmm... considering some of their options for my spinel, but I''m not sure they make the rings small enough to fit me
33.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2008 3:52:11 PM

Jelly - I''ve been converted recently, as well. I thought it was lovely unset, it''s just GORGEOUS now that it''s been set.

Kaleigh - Thank you so much! I''m wearing it again today . . . I''m going to have to go buy more green clothes!
Thanks Lauren! I had a really funny moment with hubby the other day. I always think about what jewelry I can wear with any clothes I am buying but I never thought anyone else picked up on that. We were out clothes shopping the other day and I picked up a green sweater. The first words out of his mouth were, "oh you can wear that with either your tsavorite or your peridots."
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:54:15 PM
Author: icekid
Lauren- I had my eye on that stone for a while before you picked it up! So glad it went to a pser, and in such an awesome setting. Love it
36.gif

Of course, now you have me looking at these ebay settings as well. Did you go w/ the 14k gold, SI diamonds? Their listings mention they ''recommend'' upgrading to 18k and VS diamonds, which made me wonder if their SI isn''t really SI..

Hmm... considering some of their options for my spinel, but I''m not sure they make the rings small enough to fit me
33.gif
Thanks, Icekid! Someone picked up the pink BB square cushion 2.1 Tourmaline, and I''m so hoping it went to a PSer!

I just went with the stock 14k with SI diamonds, and I think it turned out lovely. I may upgrade a future setting, but I don''t regret not upgrading this one. I hope that helps, and I can''t wait to see how you set your pinks and greens!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:08:42 PM
Author: Catmom
Thanks Lauren! I had a really funny moment with hubby the other day. I always think about what jewelry I can wear with any clothes I am buying but I never thought anyone else picked up on that. We were out clothes shopping the other day and I picked up a green sweater. The first words out of his mouth were, ''oh you can wear that with either your tsavorite or your peridots.''
9.gif

WHOA he''s well trained, isn''t he!!!
9.gif

what a guy

LS

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:08:42 PM
Author: Catmom

Thanks Lauren! I had a really funny moment with hubby the other day. I always think about what jewelry I can wear with any clothes I am buying but I never thought anyone else picked up on that. We were out clothes shopping the other day and I picked up a green sweater. The first words out of his mouth were, ''oh you can wear that with either your tsavorite or your peridots.''
9.gif
You''ve done well, Catmom. He probably even buys you clothes thinking about those kinds of details.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I took some more pics today . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another Head-on

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can see the tiny table so well here . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my exceedingly dirty Asscher. Sorry about that . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another with the Asscher.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the last one for now, but another profile.

original.aspx

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah! I love it so!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for turning me on to BB, Freke. Seriously.
3.gif

I'm going to join you and the rest of Coloured Gem Crew esiting for ACstones next batch of gems to drop. I'm sooooo wanting another one of these cuts!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

I love love love your ring!!!!!!
30.gif
The color is to die for and the setting your chose is to die for. It is just gorgeous.

Linda

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is WOW! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, the new pics are stunning ! Lol your comment about my Fi - thats ok, this is my lil project - although he did make a comment the other day about me running out of finger room , ha
9.gif

I am more and more impressed with your ring, and getting excited to get mine - yay!

Thanks for sharing your new pics
36.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lauren, what an AWESOME ring....the color is amazing and the setting is fab....congratulations!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

GemRite

Rough_Rock
That is one stunning ring!! Well they both are! Nice photos also
1.gif
Thanks for sharing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''m doing a research project a need to borrow your ring...indefinately......
9.gif
Yummy!

cheers--Sharon

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock

What an amazing ring! lol Don''t worry, no one is going to notice what you''re wearing when you have that stunner on your finger!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results