shape
carat
color
clarity

Late grandmother's jewelry

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! My mom and I recently had the misfortune of inheriting some jewelry from her mother, and was wondering if maybe some of you could help me learn more about it, and its care. There's lots and lots of gold-filled Van Dell pieces, including several cameos. I'm still working on getting pics resized and uploaded, but wanted to ask about care of cameos first and foremost. She had several cameos, from what I can tell, they are carved shell, set in 1/20 12k gold filled settings. There's a pair of screw on earrings, and two pendant/brooch combos. How do I go about cleaning them, and storing them? I have several other pieces I think you would all enjoy taking a look at as well, and as soon as I get pics up, I will share more details about them, as well.

Thanks!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
First batch of pictures. Any ideas who the three ladies may be? I'm not at all familiar with cameos, and these are items that my gram didn't wear very frequently.

Cameo1.jpg

cameo2.jpg

cameo3.jpg

cameo4.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
A few more. I know the pictures aren't the best quality, I apologize :oops:

AllCameos.jpg

bigcameo.jpg

Cameo5.jpg

earring1.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
And, the last of the pictures of the cameos.

cameo6.jpg

cameo7.jpg

earring2.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for your families loss Manderz, I do not know much about taking care of cameos but wanted to say they are lovely! I really like the one with the 3 women, I believe they depict the 3 graces, they are in greek and roman mythology and I think they represent things like music and the arts and maybe something about plants too, I can't remember. Regardless they are beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss maderz. Your grandmother's cameos are really lovely! I don't know much about their care, but I did find this website. I googled care for cameo and several other sites came up, so you might want to check them out.

http://www.jewelry-design-gemstone.com/care-of-cameos.html

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I hope you are able to enjoy these pieces in memory of your grandmother. Ruby Lane has a lot of cameo pieces that you may want to research for comparison. There is a vendor there named Cameo Couture that has some very nice cameo pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results