shape
carat
color
clarity

Last minute help with H&A diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panascooter

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the advice i was given the last time I wrote, it has helped quite a bit in my search.
It''s great to find a place where you can trust people online, a rarity these days.

I''m now deciding between a 3 diamonds on Whiteflash and I''m leaning strongly towards one in particular, a .75 I SI2 http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5820306 It has a Holloway Score of 1.4

I''ve talked to Lesley Harris at Whiteflash about them, and it''s the one their expert says is the cleanest of the three. I guess my main question is: is the Hearts and Arrows worth paying the little extra for, and am I going to get the best diamond for my money if I buy it from whiteflash? I''ve heard nothing but praise about them in the forums, but understandably I''m doing my best to ensure that I''m getting the most from my investment.

I''m going to give the B&M store that I''m going to take it to to have a setting made a chance to compete with the price, and I''m sure that he''ll be able to come up with a .75 diamond of equal color and clarity for a competitive price, and it will probably come down to the flawless ideal H&A cut that this diamond has and whether it''s worth fighting for. I''ve never seen one of these perfect diamonds in person so I''m asking for your input and advice.

If I decide to buy the diamond, it will be within the week as I''m planning on proposing within a month. Thanks for all your help, it''s very appreciated.

Panascooter Perfect Diamond1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone in that picture is scaringly perfect. A geometric model would have been deemed "unreal" for looking this precise. As much as I know, of course.

Now, at WF the "expert selection" comes at lesser prices and somewhat less precise cutting. From "ideal proportions" to "H&A" there's a step. The expert selection comes with ideal proportions, but not the H&A pedigree. It seems that both the visual and the price differences are not HUGE, at least when the arrows show on the non - ACA diamonds.

Given the stone you found is quite clean, I don't really know what it might leave to be desired. I can't know what you want though.

Just in case, there's this I-Si1 at the same seller: same size, no idea where the inclusions are (the copy of the cert posted is not that great and the photo all clear). There are arrows showing, but the cut is not quite just so under magnification. I wonder if in person the only difference is not just the cloud in the SI2.
31.gif

DI40X_AGS-5506804.jpg

Honestly, the "A Cut Above" does something to absolute perfection (cut - that is) and there's some psichologic pool to it. The other one might win the reality check though
5.gif

That's just IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results