shape
carat
color
clarity

last minute appraisal question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sheparay

Rough_Rock
I am about to finalize a deal with an e-vendor for a princess cut.... I have heard (through this great site) that I should obviously have the diamond appraised.... I had heard a good way to do this is have the vendor send the loose stone...have it appraised...send it back if everything looks ok have it set and sent out to you... My question is that because of time constraints I am thinking about having the vendor get the stone from the manufacturer, run their own sarin reports, ideal scope, etc... set the stone, send it to me.... and THEN I would have an appraisal done on my own within the grace perioud in which I could return the ring... Does any of that make sense?? I hope so!!!! I am safe in doing this?? Thanks for the feedback!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
To assure accurate gemological work, the stone needs to be unset. After the appraiser finishes, they he can usually recommend a setter.

Rockdoc

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on how much information the vendor provides if im comfortable with doing it that way.
Read the return policy carefully Iv seen some where the policy isnt the same on set stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results