shape
carat
color
clarity

Lasor Inscription on girdle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dominic

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to find the lasor inscription on the girdle on my stone with a loupe but I cannot see it. Should I be able to see it at this magnification ie 10X or do I have to zoom in further?
Thanks
10.gif

Dom

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see mine with a 10x loupe if I hold it up to light so light is going right through the girdle. If you hold it up near a window with daylight, NOT sunlight, it should help.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can find nearly all of them with 10X. but many cannot be read without more magnification. It takes practice to use a loupe effectively. Get some good lighting and put the entire thing right up close to your eye. Focus on the girdle and slowly spin the stone. Maybe you will find it. It takes a steady hand to use a loupe.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thas for sure...I can read mine just fine with 10K but obviously a 30x makes it REALLLLY readable.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My inscription is difficult to read at 10X. Even at the jeweler''s they put it under the microscope because it is easier to see than with a loupe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results