shape
carat
color
clarity

laser vascular lesion removal - spider veins on face

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone had this done?
If so please tell me your experience & the out come.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had this done several times but it has been a few years ago since the last time. Not always easy to find a doctor who has the equipment to do it. The last time I had it done it was by a vascular surgeon. My experiences have been 1) either the laser was too strong and I had bruising, burning and swelling or 2) the doctor used a weaker laser and it wasn't as effective and it had to be repeated. For the strong laser, the bruising and swelling and burning went away and the treatment was effective. For the weaker laser, it meant two or more trips and double the cost. The vascular surgeon left the area and I haven't sought out someone else in a couple of years. My husband says I notice it more than anyone else ever could and always cautions that 'you keep on and you are going to end up scarred' - ha! I doubt that but it does give me pause. I now have some areas on my lower cheeks that I could have treated but they are not so bad as to send me flying to find the next doctor.

My only real word of caution is to thoroughly investigate who is doing the treatment. There are folks out there with laser equipment that are techs instead of doctors and the risk is greater.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have dilated capillaries, mostly in the creases of my nostrils but a few on my cheeks secondary to rosacea. Last fall I saw a physician for laser hair removal using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). Over the course of six visits, it did reduce the number of visible capillaries around my nostrils and on my cheeks, but the result was a little spotty around my nose. It's better, I'm less self-conscious about it, so I'm happy with the result.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm self-conscious about the nose crease capillaries but my dermatologist told me it wasn't worth it. But I'm thinking maybe he isn't worth it? But are the results not permanent? I guess I wouldn't want to start down the road at my age if there was no permanent solution.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your advice. I’ve booked in for three treatments starting next Thursday.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
I’m having terrible trouble trying to cover them with make up. People have told me that I am over reacting but I feel so self conscious.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm self-conscious about the nose crease capillaries but my dermatologist told me it wasn't worth it. But I'm thinking maybe he isn't worth it? But are the results not permanent? I guess I wouldn't want to start down the road at my age if there was no permanent solution.

They can be eliminated but it doesn’t mean that new ones can’t pop up. Mine have been mostly on my cheeks and I didn’t have any significant recurrence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results