shape
carat
color
clarity

larger D SI1 or smaller FVS1 earrings?

ethna M

Rough_Rock
Hey guys
I have never bought a SI1 diamond, the diamonds that I have are VS1 lowest, and I'm trying to decided if I should risk a 1.01 SI1 D diamond triple EX with ideal proportions or go for .9 VS1 F for a pair of studs earrings

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Si1 won’t be really obvious in earrings.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be leaning towards the D/SI1 stones because I’d prefer the color bump, slightly larger size and fact you mentioned they have better proportions. My concerns would be simple, I’d want eye clean stones even for earrings. Many SI1’s will fit that bill but you will need to vet each stone.

Things that generally concern me are black inclusions or the nasty note of “clarity is based on clouds not shown” accompanied by a clean clarity plot. The latter will almost certainly provide a hazy/lazy stone.

If you’d like to place the stones in question on temporary reserve and then share links we could help you analyze them.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
you more than likely won’t be able to notice with the naked eye the clarity difference. SI1 is the sweet spot for most stones. my stone happens to be VS2 , it was the one I wanted but was looking more at SI1. Fancy colored stones is a bit different of a selection process though.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Are you inclined to repurpose your studs? If there was a chance you’d someday move them to a ring, I’d suggest the VS1 pair. Just something to consider…

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
You will not notice much difference between F and D in earrings. You can go as low as G/H and they will still look white (especially at that size). Since you seem to be more concerned about the clarity, I would focus on that rather than maximizing the color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results