shape
carat
color
clarity

Large Center Stone in 3 stone setting. Can you go too big??

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Re: Large Center Stone in 3 stone setting. Can you go too bi

Paxonator|1333090429|3159711 said:
Went with BGD and got the Queen Dinah setting with the .8 H&A diamond. Now I get to play the waiting game!!

I stopped by my local jeweler first to see what they could do for me but the price gap was to large. He also seem very concerned with the fluorescence being negligible. Mentioned a few times about if she was around a black light it was look purple. I don't really know why he was so concerned about it. He also wasn't happy with the AGS.

Anyways I'm pretty confident it will look fantastic and I just want to see it all finished!

You made a great decision! Your jeweler wanted you to buy from him, and was attempting to push a sale with one of his stones. Stones with negligible flourescence will not turn purple under black lighting, however a stone with with medium to strong blue flouresence will, but many many people prefer this and buy diamonds based on this characteristic.

Your stone is creme of the crop, there isn't anything about the AGS report that should make a jeweler unhappy or concerned. I'm so happy that you trusted Gypsy and DS to help you make this decision and that you went with the BGD stone, it's going to be stunning! Can't wait to see pics of your ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results