shape
carat
color
clarity

lame excitement

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies, what is the absolute lamest thing you've gotten excited about during wedding planning?

For me, today I picked out a signature font for my stationary. I am completely and utterly excited beyond what is reasonable.

What about you?

Sensual font.png

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The day the invitations came. I liked them when I picked them out but never felt too much of an emotional connection till they showed up. I laughed till I cried, I danced around my house, I called my mom and told her....way more excited than the situation called for!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Well I have not done too much, but what I have done so far, I got overly excited about learning to make my coffee filter roses that came out oh-so-beautifully :)) I jumped up and danced and said "YAYYYYY!" haha

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barrister Sillyberry--I LOVE that font, it's gorgeous!

I am Uber Nerd, so I basically live my life being excited about lame things. (Author series, personalized stationery, out of date books, movies about black holes, dogs in the back seats of cars ahead of me on the road. Yeah.)

So:
- I was ridiculously ecstatic when our engraved invitations arrived. I sat with one and ran my finger over it for at least fifteen minutes straight.
- My heart went aflutter each time DH brought up an idea for our first dance. He was obsessed with choosing the right song, and it made me go all boggle eyed every time he brought it up.
- I ordered one of those return address embossers, and when it finally arrived I went around the house embossing anything that would fit inside of it.
- My veil. I love that thing. I still wear it around the house when DH is out of town.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful font choice, silly!

I was really excited when my box of wedding invites arrived. I got all choked up seeing all the ceremony information officially printed on the actual invitations to be sent to family and friends. I also had a moment of wedding bliss when I found out that I engraved my sweetie's wedding band with the EXACT same phrase he put into mine. :love:

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun idea for a thread! Your calligraphy is gorgeous!

I literally could not sleep the night after we found out that our wedding planner could get her hands on some vintage church pews for our beach wedding. Church pews on a the beach!!! :love: :love: :love: My FI, wedding planner, and florist understood how exciting it was but everyone else was kind of like :confused:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I am making my centerpieces so I jumped up and down in the store when I found some gorgeous glass vases in the clearance area of my local Winners (like TJ Max). Four dollars for wide, tall vases! So much creative potential. I thought it was adorable when my dad came home from golfing with a trunk full of different branches and leaves to try making arrangements with me. He's actually coming over tomorrow with long grass, dried poofy marsh plants, and birch branches so we can make some great fall decore.

FI and I were so excited when we decided what to engrave in our rings. He almost cried, lol. We're total geeks (both engineers) and we decided to use our names and the union sign "U" between them. Like the center of a Venn diagram. If any of our friends are reading they probably know my real identity. They made fun of us for months after we showed them the rings.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of these things!

stepcutgirl, isn't it funny how little things make everything seem REAL!?!

nicoleben, those roses are gorgeous. I can see why you're so excited about them!

haven, I so share your ubernerddom. It's one of my favorite things about you! And I love your veil. I keep trying to come up with the perfect word to describe it, and the best I can do is "spunky"!

mannequin, I think it is amazing that you and DH engraved the same thing unknowingly. What was it?

lucyandroger, pews on the beach sound a-mazing!

chemgirl, how adorable indeed your dad is all about the centerpieces! That's love right there! And I totally appreciate your geekiness.

What else, everyone? What awesomeness do you want to share, but haven't wanted to create a whole thread about?!?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love that font. But I am bias. I know how to do calligraphy and I used that style to address my invites.

I had several little moments of excitement, but I think my first came when I was looking for a florist. I spoke to one and after talking to me, she e-mailed me some pics, including the bocquate she thought I would like, which fit my personality and style perfectly. I was so excited because one I knew i had found my florist, and could not wait to see the bouquet in person.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the font.

I got really excited when I found a photobooth company that charges 1/2 the price as all the other ones... (maybe that is legit excitement)

lame excitement- arrival of my chair ties that say Mr. and Mrs in black and white for our head table :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, BarristerSB!
I like to call my veil the tulle headdress--it looks just like the Chief's headdress from the side, I swear!

And here's a little picture for my favorite fellow nerd :cheeky:
nerd.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
The candy bar. I have never experienced a happiness quite like ordering 15 lbs. of Sour Patch Kids and 15 lbs. of Mike & Ikes all at once.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
The wedding invitations were pretty cool, but my best, and most exciting bargain, was my shoes. My now husband still doesn't get why they're so awesome.

Still...$20 (AUD), scanned at $12, silver thongs with diamantes on them - gorgeous!

http://yfrog.com/2cimg8385kj

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry where did you find your font? ever since i saw your post i have been looking for fonts...any suggestions?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1290322287|2774455 said:
sillyberry where did you find your font? ever since i saw your post i have been looking for fonts...any suggestions?
myfonts.com - they have a whole section tagged for weddings!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Silly- We engraved each other's rings with the phrase "My Perfect Match." We met on Match.com and I guess we both thought back to that experience when picking a few words for the wedding bands. ;))

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
i got excited again today when i found my candy buffet apothecary jars at tj maxxx!! :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's not lame excitement!

Finding just the right little touch for your wedding is all the fun :cheeky:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Today's bit of lame excitement, brought to you by vc10um:

OUR WEDDING IS IN 200 DAYS!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That is all.

I got really excited when our 2011 calendars came to us at work last month and I got to circle our wedding date (10.1.11) on the new calendar!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results