shape
carat
color
clarity

LamborghiniGirl has Inspired Me!! Help Me Find a Pink Tourmaline!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
LamborghiniGirl:
Your ring is absolutely stunning, and has inspired me to find a similar pink tourmaline of my own!!

All the experts here on the Colored Stones forum are always so wonderful and helpful, I was hoping you can help me find a similar stone. I am looking for a pink tourmaline cushion in the 2.5 - 3.5 carat range, also in the beautiful light baby pink color. Want something sparkly of course with a great cut. I will most likely set it into a James Meyer 1345 bezel. I have two little girls, and pink is mine (and their) favorite color. So this will be my mother''s ring.

I have looked on precision gems and finewater and don''t see anything, so I am hoping for suggestions.

Thanks again LamborghiniGirl for the inspiration, I am excited to get this project started!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Metromom,
With cutters, they usually will have extra rough material that they will be able to cut for you. I suggest contacting Gene of Precision Gems and Gary of Finewater to see if they have something that might work for you.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/10/2009 11:45:55 AM
Author:metromom
LamborghiniGirl:

Your ring is absolutely stunning, and has inspired me to find a similar pink tourmaline of my own!!

All the experts here on the Colored Stones forum are always so wonderful and helpful, I was hoping you can help me find a similar stone. I am looking for a pink tourmaline cushion in the 2.5 - 3.5 carat range, also in the beautiful light baby pink color. Want something sparkly of course with a great cut. I will most likely set it into a James Meyer 1345 bezel. I have two little girls, and pink is mine (and their) favorite color. So this will be my mother''s ring.

I have looked on precision gems and finewater and don''t see anything, so I am hoping for suggestions.

Thanks again LamborghiniGirl for the inspiration, I am excited to get this project started!!!

metromom! I am so happy you like my ring so much! You are so flattering and I am honored that my ring was an inspiration.
1.gif

The good news is that in general the color of my stone, especially if it is tourmaline, won''t be too expensive since it is not super vibrant, and vibrant colors up the cost. I think the meaning of your ring is very special, and that will make it all the more wonderful!

Maybe there will be some existing stones already cut that match your criteria, I will look around. I think I really got lucky though! Maybe Gene has some of the same rough that he cut my stone with! You should definitely ask.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I emailed both Gene and Gary. We''ll see what they say.

In the meantime, I have been scouring sites and can''t really find much. So if anyone comes across anything, please post.

Thanks everyone, this is fun!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 11:45:55 AM
Author:metromom
LamborghiniGirl:

Boy, I was just at Pala Gems this weekend and looking at trays of Tourmalines. I wish I would have known. Might be too big but here is one .

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:36:59 PM
Author: Chrono
Metromom,
With cutters, they usually will have extra rough material that they will be able to cut for you. I suggest contacting Gene of Precision Gems and Gary of Finewater to see if they have something that might work for you.
Thanks for the great advise. Got emails from both Gene and Gary, and both have or will soon have roughs big enough to be able to cut the size cushion I want. Now it''s just a matter of determining whether the shades of pink are light enough for me.

I am definitely still interested in finding already cut stones too, so keep the links coming everyone, if you come across anything fun.

Thanks!!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2009 3:57:46 PM
Author: metromom
Date: 8/10/2009 12:36:59 PM

Metromom,

Thanks for the great advise. Got emails from both Gene and Gary, and both have or will soon have roughs big enough to be able to cut the size cushion I want. Now it''s just a matter of determining whether the shades of pink are light enough for me.

I am definitely still interested in finding already cut stones too, so keep the links coming everyone, if you come across anything fun.

Thanks!!

This is exciting! I can''t wait to see how it turns out and watch the progress of your project. Keep us posted
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Metromom

I would contact Lisa Elser and Peter Torraca. Lisa supplied the rough (she cuts too) and Peter cut my pink tourmaline. It''s possible that more rough from that parcel is still available. Here is a picture:

PT tourmaline montage 03.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Metromom,
That’s great news! It pays off to sometimes contact a vendor/cutter directly even though a particular item one is looking for isn’t listed on their website.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:54:25 PM

Metromom,
That’s great news! It pays off to sometimes contact a vendor/cutter directly even though a particular item one is looking for isn’t listed on their website.
Well, not so great after all. Gary did not like the rough he was planning to get and doesn''t know when he will have more to look at. And Gene hasn''t gotten back to me about when he will be cutting again. So it''s back to the drawing board.

I have decided to also look at pale pink morganite beryl, pink zircon and malaya garnet. I figure the more options I keep open, the better luck I will have. I sent a few inquiries to the other recommended vendors so we will see.

This is fun!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Malaya and zircon might be too rich in colour but you won’t find a morganite lacking in paleness. I’ve heard that you can get excellently priced stones from Vallejo on eBay. I recall another regular PSer who purchased an extremely pale pink square cushion morganite with super precision cutting from him.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pale morganite can be extremely pretty. This one is 3.3 carats and I love the cut.

Morg-G-Sqcush-0616_01_thumb.jpg

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This isn't a cushion, but I thought of you when I saw it-- even if it is just to see another color tone of pink tourmaline you may like:

Tourmaline

ETA: I was just browsing www.custom-cutgems.com and they have a Spinel pink cushion that you may like too!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 8:11:58 AM
A Malaya and zircon might be too rich in colour but you won’t find a morganite lacking in paleness. I’ve heard that you can get excellently priced stones from Vallejo on eBay. I recall another regular PSer who purchased an extremely pale pink square cushion morganite with super precision cutting from him.
Maybe Chrono''s thinking about mine?

BK cushion morganite.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 10:35:14 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 8/13/2009 8:11:58 AM
Maybe Chrono''s thinking about mine?
YES!
35.gif

metromom

Shiny_Rock

My stone is cut, my stone is cut!!

Got an email from Gene with the details of a cushion he just cut and I instantly fell in love. Here are the details:

2.88 ct.
measures 8.87 mm.
Color: 8
Clarity: 9
Brilliance: 5
Total Quality Rating: 9
Gene''s pic is attached.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
UGH can''t get the pic to attach. Trying again.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
hope this works

ptourgene445567.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s gorgeous!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous, simply fabulous!

Signed: a shameless pink lover!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
YAY!!!! That stone looks very close to what Gene''s picture of mine did, so I am confident it will be GORGEOUS!!

I am so happy for you, I can''t wait to see this progress.

LG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

I am of the humble opinion that a Gene stone is going to be awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the perfect pale pink colour in the right shape and size. I''m sure it''ll be the one once you see it in person.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
so funny, LG, I was just posting at the same time you were!!
I started a new thread with the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results