shape
carat
color
clarity

Lady Gaga's Big 'Ole Heart Ering... Thoughts??

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iota15|1424418990|3835248 said:
My mom has always wanted a large heart shape, and I always thought - uh, why?

But you know what, over the last year or two, I've started to really like them. It's not my favourite shape but there are some spectacular large hearts out there. Gaga certainly has one of them - though personally, I prefer a slightly fatter heart, but her's looks great of course.

I think hearts will rise in popularity because of her ring. Hearts are generally thought of more for super girly girls - and while of course, she's a fashionista and all that jazz, I don't think of her as a unicorn and rainbows kind of girl either (not unless unicorn and rainbows were being used ironically). I think this ring will expand more women's minds to the potential for a heart ring, and I think that's great. Fancy shapes are awesome.

I guess that I don't necessarily agree. I consider myself to be a super girly girl, but I still don't care for hearts. I'm also not so sure how much Gaga's ring would influence the general public and I have my doubts as to whether or not the shape might increase in popularity as a result of her E-ring.
When I mentioned unicorns and rainbows, what I meant was there are some basic themes that tend to ring true in the lives of young girls. Many young girls (not all, but some) go through a phase where everything is pink, purple, unicorns, rainbows, and hearts. It's something that's sort of thought of as juvenile/immature. I'm not necessarily opposed to all heart jewelry, but I certainly don't care for it when it comes to something as major/important as an e-ring. I just think that a heart stone lacks elegance (it's simply a personal preference).
Again, though, I'm only posting my opinions because that's what the thread asked for. The bottom line here is that an e-ring only needs to make one person happy and that's the wearer of the ring. If Gaga loves her ring, then that's all that matters. I actually like Gaga and her music - despite her odd costumes, etc., I think that she's very talented. I'm glad to hear that she's engaged and wish her the best.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is that is some heart. OMG. And I agree with those who say that particular shape is pleasing to the eye. Though personally I would rather wear that on my neck than a ring. But she can rock it for sure.

ETA: Searching for a color photo but there are no closeup pics of the ring in a color photo that I can find...anyone having better luck finding one?

_570.png

taylor-kinney.jpg

rs_600x600-150218184828-600.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae|1424404970|3835197 said:
There was a time when I had definite opinions on several shapes for stones. I think I've mellowed about that over time, partly because of PS, and learning how a well cut stone of a particular shape can be beautiful.

I really do like Gaga's ring. At that size, the solitaire just lets the stone shine (or rather, sparkle.) I wish them well.
Totally agree. I used to hate just about all shapes, believe it or not.

I think everyone has a shape they don't like until they see that one piece that changes their mind. Leibish did that to me with hearts. The have/had the most stunning pad color heart with a great heart shape. I thought, add some baguettes to that and of sport that proudly.

Also hearts tend to face up large and are, IMHO, more well cut than other shapes like pears. So I can totally see their appeal as diamond shaped "

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not wear anything heart shaped, especially a heart shaped e-ring but even so, I can easily appreciate the beauty of a well cut heart diamond e-ring.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
From the second Instagram pic it looks like it might be a pink diamond (looking through the bottom of the ring). She also specifically says that the T<3S is in "white" diamonds which makes me think the main diamond is not white. Anyone else think the t<3S on the band would be super uncomfortable? Though I do think it's cute. And her fiancé is super hot too.... :naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LuckyKelleyK|1424447684|3835399 said:
From the second Instagram pic it looks like it might be a pink diamond (looking through the bottom of the ring). She also specifically says that the T<3S is in "white" diamonds which makes me think the main diamond is not white. Anyone else think the t<3S on the band would be super uncomfortable? Though I do think it's cute. And her fiancé is super hot too.... :naughty:
Yeah he is. If I were her I'd have said yes to a ring pop!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I suppose that it could be very light pink, but I'd be surprised if it was. I would think that if the diamond was pink, that would have been posted somewhere, especially considering that her heart-shpaed stone is already incredibly unique - a pink heart would be even more unique (and surely mentioned/posted somewhere)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1424448861|3835410 said:

Co-sign. He is smokin'! Lucky girl.

ETA: I think the stone might be picking up her nail color. If it were a pink diamond that large, I think we'd have heard all about that detail from the get-go.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dang, he sure is... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: HOTTTTT!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks mighty fine to me. I always thought that a heart shaped diamond is a pear with a nick cut into the top of it. It's a difficult shape to cut well.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 8 year old daughter also wants a heart shaped ring...

I can totally see why they picked that, she likes things that are non-traditional or breaking away from tradition, but also fun/fantasy, so this is a way to have that in a traditional diamond engagement ring.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
monarch64|1424452534|3835459 said:

Co-sign. He is smokin'! Lucky girl.

ETA: I think the stone might be picking up her nail color. If it were a pink diamond that large, I think we'd have heard all about that detail from the get-go.

You're probably right, I didn't even think about her nail color! I still wish she had posted her first photo in color... hopefully more will follow.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My sister got a heart shaped Ering. When i heard about it at first I was wary. (the stone was 1/2 carat, wasn't sure if it would show the shape well) BUT he ended up picking out a very nicely proportioned stone, and the setting looked beautiful. So I was happy, and even more importantly my sister ADORES it! Which is the most important thing!

I like Gaga's ring. I actually think it's not her style though. I would have expected a colored stone or something more edgy. But this is super feminine and lovely! It's gorgeous! And she loves it so again, that is what matters.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1424552484|3836102 said:
My sister got a heart shaped Ering. When i heard about it at first I was wary. (the stone was 1/2 carat, wasn't sure if it would show the shape well) BUT he ended up picking out a very nicely proportioned stone, and the setting looked beautiful. So I was happy, and even more importantly my sister ADORES it! Which is the most important thing!

I like Gaga's ring. I actually think it's not her style though. I would have expected a colored stone or something more edgy. But this is super feminine and lovely! It's gorgeous! And she loves it so again, that is what matters.

It seems to be her style with him. Seems like all the photos I see of hwe with him she's super girly fem.

I agree though in general I feel like I could easily see her with a huge grey diamond in like, a shield shape or something.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of heart shaped anything, especially an e-ring and Lady Gaga scares me, but hey, if she loves it, then good for her!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1424553434|3836107 said:

It seems to be her style with him. Seems like all the photos I see of hwe with him she's super girly fem.

I agree though in general I feel like I could easily see her with a huge grey diamond in like, a shield shape or something.

you know I never noticed that, but I did a quick google image search and you're right. I think that is really sweet!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very beautiful. I love it!

cheers--Sharon

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm not surprised she got a unique shape & think it's beautiful. I wouldn't choose a heart for myself, but apparently her fiance feels it suites her. I do love unusual & unexpected looks in jewelry, I know someone with a large trillion diamond & it's very striking, I think her heart would be as well IRL.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a really nice big heart :love: I have no issues with hearts and given the right one I would wear one proudly :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that you said that you are right. She can do the uber femine look, but she can also do the edgy, scary "monster" side too. But I guess she went with the other "persona" for her marriage?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1424578155|3836281 said:

Now that you said that you are right. She can do the uber femine look, but she can also do the edgy, scary "monster" side too. But I guess she went with the other "persona" for her marriage?

I'm not surprised her more edgy persona isn't her only side.
I saw her on the Colbert report recently and she, though dressed a bit over the top, she was absolutely adorable and sweet.

I'm nobody, but I know how I dress when I'm going out or trying to be "cool" isn't exactly how I like my jewelry. I mean, shoot, I've got a mohawk and a large back tattoo, but this is not at all reflected in my jewelry taste. So I am not at all surprised that its different than we "expected". We only know the side she wants us to, after all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looked very pretty on her hand at the Oscars.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I thought it was rather odd that he didn't attend the Oscars with her - she was performing and they just got engaged, you'd think you'd want to be together :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1424696221|3836836 said:
^I thought it was rather odd that he didn't attend the Oscars with her - she was performing and they just got engaged, you'd think you'd want to be together :confused:
Said he had to work in the morning.

I appreciate a couple who doesn't feel like they have to be together 24/7...she's a good fiance to not make him go lol.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I heard that he had to work in the morning.
It's not that I think that couples need to be together 24/7….Just thought that with the recent engagement and her memorable performance that night, maybe it would be nice to see them together.
A little bit off-topic, but I thought that she looked stunning at the Oscars. I think I saw her new, sparkly e-ring ring during her performance, but there was no close-up shots, so it was tough to tell.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1424704727|3836907 said:
Yes, I heard that he had to work in the morning.
It's not that I think that couples need to be together 24/7….Just thought that with the recent engagement and her memorable performance that night, maybe it would be nice to see them together.
A little bit off-topic, but I thought that she looked stunning at the Oscars. I think I saw her new, sparkly e-ring ring during her performance, but there was no close-up shots, so it was tough to tell.

I tried to find some pictures but I couldn't fine a good one :(
Hubby hates the Oscars so I didn't watch. Well, that and with the new babe I go to bed at like 930 lol.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to give her kudos for her Oscar performance. I had a few (very tiny) bones to pick with the performance itself, but performing a medley from The Sound Of Music - on the Oscars stage - as a 50th anniversary tribute and as an introduction to Julie Andrews - that took guts, even for a seasoned performer like Lady Gaga! Right after she finished, there was this one mili-second where she looked just a little bit uncertain - you could almost hear her saying "oh I hope you guys liked that." Not at all what you'd expect of her, and very sweet!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought she did an amazing job last night. I didn't know she had such a range and beautiful voice.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was Jennifer Lopez's ring with Ben Affleck a pink diamond heart?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^No, J Lo's was not a heart - it was a 6 carat pink diamond though

_27422.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results