shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...what are you buying him for Christmas?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
A nook.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm all excited. I just arranged a horse drawn carriage ride to a maple sugar bush to learn about how maple syrop is made. He's getting that instead of the Think Geek shirt.

A few days ago my Canadian husband asked me where maple syrop comes from. He must be educated!

He still gets the NHL jersey he can't stop talking about.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1323200142|3075450 said:
artdecogirl|1323188721|3075290 said:
A spotting scope.

OMG, I read that as a "rotting corpse". Holy cow. I am sure that a spotting scope is much better than that (although I don't know what it is.)

I just bought TGuy an early bday present, so I'm tapped...have no idea what to get him for xmas.... :((

Tehehehe I try to save the rotting corpses for his birthday :lol: A spotting scope is kinda like binoculars but you only look through one eye like a telescope and the range is much higher then binoculars, he wants one for the regular stuff like bird watching and hunting but they are also used by the military for surveillance and sharpshooting. :wavey:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1323176806|3075187 said:
MayK, he bought the band from the Panerai boutique on Madison Ave (NYC). What type of band are you looking for? My dh orders lots of bands from different online places. He likes A Watch Obsession in the UK for ordering online.
http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/

Missy...thank you. He just got a Panerai in June it stainless and he wants a black crock band with white stitching.. Funny we are also cyclist and he is watch "freak". (I say that on the kindest terms). Do you live I the UK or is that just a good place even if you live in the US?

He has a Luminor Marina Automatic PAM00299. If that means anything...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm stumped.

He's usually Captain Experience Present, but given that we just had a baby ... hm. I'm thinking maybe a Baby Bjorn, and a SkipHop diaper bag, and ... ? I'm stumped trying to think of "cool dad" gifts. Would also love to get him some new strategy-oriented video games ... or maybe a new game system? Our PS2 is getting kinda old - maybe whatever the next gen on that is. Given that Christmas is in two weeks (!!!), methinks I need to get ON THIS, research-wise. :-o

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An upgrade to his Sky Caddie for golf, some leather bands for 2 of his watches and I am trying to find some size 14 bunny slippers but no luck so far. He just recently started to work from home so I think the bunny slippers would be great for his work shoes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 more shopping days.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
a new putter and driver....for the perpetual golfer.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
A new tennis racket! (Finally thought of something last night)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beer and a baseball team shirt. He's already spent a lot of $ on something recently.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Peppermint bark.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby loves Jack Black shaving cream, so that! Some sweaters and a watch!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1323129984|3074892 said:

you will have to tell us what the MRS's got you! :wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1324577371|3086862 said:
Dancing Fire|1323129984|3074892 said:

you will have to tell us what the MRS's got you! :wink2:
i already know...NOTHING :!: and from the kids i will receive a Polo shirt.

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
i pre-ordered an ASUS transformer prime...the latest tablet that has a quad core and is meant to crap all over the ipad2. he's been talking about an ipad2 for a little while but this one seems to be the latest technological geeky thing and when he heard about it he went nuts. i'm talking hours on google, reading blogs, reviews and youtube videos.

so we made a deal...tablet for him, ferragamo goodies for me. hiphiphoorah!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 saute pots - a small and a larger one w a lid. stainless steel and flat copper bottoms like the ones used on all the cooking you tube videos he watches.
To me, that would be the kiss of death! I am NOT a cook, I have been banned from the kitchen :lol: :lol: (I'm told I'm only a guest when in the kitchen, so sit to the side and don't touch anything!)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I got DH slippers, gloves, and a gift certificate for a massage!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
I got the BF a gps watch, some outdoor running stuff (we do a lot of road races and triathlons, and yet he has NO cold weather gear), an ipod because he always tries to steal mine or make me go without, the "reserve" version of his favorite wine, some cool scotch glasses with soapstone fake ice cubes, and some Macallan 18 yr scotch.

His reaction after opening everything: "I get it - you want me to go drunk running. Dressed like a ninja [the clothes are all black]. Done!"

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I got BF a Burberry watch (he saw it and fell in love with it at first sight), a small box with felt lining to store said watch in when not being worn, a scuba diving weight belt, and 20 pounds of diving weights in neon yellow (all of his other gear is also yellow or accented with yellow).

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
We are giving our gift budget to the local Veteran's home/hospital {altho I have to get a computer cause mine is dying}.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
A blu ray player.

I also want to get him a French press and some delicious coffee.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Nook loaded with books and some magazine/newspaper subscriptions

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had such a hard time figuring out what to get my fiance. He always just buys everything he wants, and his birthday is less than a month before Christmas, so anything he wants that he hasn't bought, I probably got him for his birthday. He also doesn't believe in making lists of things for me to get him because apparently that takes the fun out of it. BUT it turns out he wanted new shoes, and then he got all excited when Amazon announced that if you have a Kindle + Amazon Prime (which he has), you can borrow lots of books for free for the Kindle. So he's getting those, and a set of leather-bound Isaac Asimov books, because he's a) a scifi nut (I am too), and b) jealous of all my leather-bound books. Oh, and a cookbook. And I got one of those "books" that is really like a hidden box, and put the Kindle in that, so it will look like he's getting a stack of books, but then one has a Kindle inside!

Enerchi|1324582810|3086932 said:
To me, that would be the kiss of death! I am NOT a cook, I have been banned from the kitchen :lol: :lol: (I'm told I'm only a guest when in the kitchen, so sit to the side and don't touch anything!)

Hee, that's exactly what my fiance has told me!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I ordered him a customized NHL jersey with our last name. Unfortunately I ordered it too late for a Christmas delivery, though, so it will be a late Christmas gift.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Tuffy, my DH would LOVE that class! Too bad there aren't any in our area :(sad

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband loves to cook so I bought him two different sized Le Creuset skillets in cobalt blue :)) . I usually also pick up some Harry and David Moose Munch-- will get some on the 26th.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought him leather gloves.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1324761618|3088095 said:
Oh Tuffy, my DH would LOVE that class! Too bad there aren't any in our area :(sad

There are several schools that teach similar classes. Maybe you could poke around online and find something? DF was reading 'Emergency' by Neil Strauss and he talks about several such courses in the book. My guy kept talking about it, so I looked online and found something close by.

We do gifts on Xmas eve--I gave him his pressie tonight and he loved it! I love giving--seeing the reaction when someone opens a perfect gift is priceless!!! :halo: :praise: :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1324582810|3086932 said:
2 saute pots - a small and a larger one w a lid. stainless steel and flat copper bottoms like the ones used on all the cooking you tube videos he watches.

Well, he loved it! They are now all cleaned and polished and ready to get fired up for the Christmas feast! The kids also got him kitchen things - a bamboo cutting board, a super sharp Ricoh knife, other gadgets that are unknown to me... but they 'do things'... uh...o-kkkk :rolleyes:

Any how, he's happy as a clam in the kitchen, the kids are happy with all their gifts and I'm back on the diamond sites --- yup, a sweet day for all!

Merry Christmas one and all and I hope your SO's/DH/FFI all enjoyed their presents :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results