shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies rather have .75 RA or 1.31 Step Cut Assch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TexasClaus

Rough_Rock
Just a poll im debating which way to go. Will let you know Friday when i buy it and which i got with Pictures separate and in the setting. This is important to me. Both look great.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you give a pic of each??? what do you mean by .75 RA???

gracie007

Rough_Rock
i would rather have the ascher for sure.
arent you the one who was going to mark t?? did he find these for you?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
RA is the abbreviation for Royal Asscher.

No doubt that I'd prefer the generic Asscher as opposed to the RA. I like RAs, but my e-ring is a lovely generic asscher that I think it just lovely. It is 1.57 carats...and we couldn't have gotten anything near that large if we went with the RA. I also think that the RAs can be a bit busy...the thing I love about the generic asscher is that it is clean and simple (and of course, it has lots of sparkle and brilliance) and I think the RA is just a bit too busy for me.

Plus, that is pretty large size difference...do you know whether she would prefer a larger size?

Just my opinion.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I''d say go for the bigger one unless your gf really really wants a RA!

gracie007

Rough_Rock
sorry- i meant to clarify and say the bigger ascher//

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.3, absolutely.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree go with the larger asscher. (That is a big size difference and even if she wanted a RA I think she would be happier with the size).

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t seen a Royal Asscher in person so I can''t say that it wouldn''t wow the pants off of me, but if she isn''t schooled in the difference, and the generic is lovely, I say go for it. I just bought a generic asscher and can''t wait to get my hands on it.

In general though, I am not as interested in size as I am in quality. If the RA is phenomenal, she may get just as much oooh ahhh factor out of it. Sometimes I have to remind myself after looking at lovely rings and rocks here that for 99.999% of the world, a three-quarter carat diamond is very generous!

Go with the one that speaks to you, if she doesn''t have a preference. That will mean the most to her, I''d think.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It all depends on whether she wants a genuine RA. If she does, then you know the answer. If she is a size gal and doesn''t mind a generic asscher, then you know the answer
2.gif

Personally, I would want the size.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It depends on what they both look like. If they''re both beautiful, then the 1.31. If the larger is a dud, then the RA for sure.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I would personally prefer the generic asscher. I think that the RA''s can look really "busy" especially in a smaller stone and there are some gorgeous generic asschers out there. It can just take some work to find the really good ones!! I hope you post pictures when you get them! Good luck!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the larger diamond

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asschers look smaller than other cuts for their carat weight so I definitely would go for the 1.3 providing that the 1.3 is a great looking asscher. I like the generic asschers myself and bought a lovely .92 from GOG. Is your girlfriend set on an RA??

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the 1.3 too!! I love asschers...
18.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
well cut 1.31 anyday.
Whats the color and clarity of the 2?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the bigger the better
26.gif

as long as its a good diamond, of course

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 8:54:47 PM
Author: EBree
It depends on what they both look like. If they''re both beautiful, then the 1.31. If the larger is a dud, then the RA for sure.

Agreed. It definitely depends on what each stone looks like. If the smaller one is more beautiful, then I''d want that one, but if the bigger one is nicer, then that one.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Provided the 1.3 generic is well cut I would go for that. RAs aren''t really done justice under 2cts, they tend to look too busy as littlelysser mentioned. Going generic will also allow more bang for your buck. If she is set on the RA however go with that. Please post pix!
9.gif
. And as Kaleigh mentioned asschers already look smaller compared to their comparable weight RBs. Littlelysser and Kaleigh are proud owners of enviable generic asschers btw. Did I mention post pix we asscher lovers LOVE pix!!!

Hope Kaleigh and Littlelysser won''t mind here are their beauties...

Kaleigh''s
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/look-nan-has-her-hand-on-my-asscher.34088/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-can-kiss-my-asscher-its-done.33930/

Littlelysser''s
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-asscher-e-ring.38065/=

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 10:49:40 PM
Author: cymbrie
Provided the 1.3 generic is well cut I would go for that. RAs aren''t really done justice under 2cts, they tend to look too busy as littlelysser mentioned. Going generic will also allow more bang for your buck. If she is set on the RA however go with that. Please post pix!
9.gif
. And as Kaleigh mentioned asschers already look smaller compared to their comparable weight RBs. Littlelysser and Kaleigh are proud owners of enviable generic asschers btw. Did I mention post pix we asscher lovers LOVE pix!!!

Hope Kaleigh and Littlelysser won''t mind here are their beauties...

Kaleigh''s
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/look-nan-has-her-hand-on-my-asscher.34088/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-can-kiss-my-asscher-its-done.33930/

Littlelysser''s
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-asscher-e-ring.38065/=
Of course I don''t mind cymbrie. Happy to help a fellow PS''er anythime!!
2.gif

Bianca07

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love the basic asscher! I find it so elegant-and being a size girl would rather have the larger stone as well. I love looking at pics of asschers-I could stare at them all day!
emotion-5.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Cymbrie - Don''t mind a bit. And thanks for the kind words!

4.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the larger one.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without a doubt, the big one.
face23.gif
If the big one doesn''t look as nice, I''d find another larger, nonbranded one in a heartbeat before I went with the smaller, branded one.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
You probably already guessed Kaleigh''s and Littlelysser''s rocks are in my Fav''s list
9.gif
hopefully I''ll have one of my very own to contribute soon!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results