shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies -- how many sorority sisters do we have here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m a Pi Beta Phi a.k.a. Pi Phi.

I think the greek system varies a lot from school to school, but I think the sorotity ties are always very important. I also get to go to convention this summer, so I''m really looking forward to that experience.

I''m also an officer if my local alumnae club, and we always have fun events like wine tastings, cooking classes, manicure parties, etc. Also my club has a seniors and juniors group, so that the younger girls can meet in the evenings and not feel like they are hanging out with stuffy old ladies.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Alpha Kappa Phi - aka, I was an "AGO" - this was a local sorority with 8 branches in NY. They are dying out fast though - to much HAZING and getting caught!

I LOVED being in a sorority - it was some of the best times in my life! And I NEVER thoguht I would be in one until I met a few of these girls - they were such a pisser.

When I started college I was so shy i could barely order food at a restaurant. When I left, I was an extrovert!

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
Usually the GDI's didn't know what a GDI was because they were a GDI!

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/11/2005 4:50:21 PM
Author: flopkins
sharonzhere- Another AOII here!!
Well, fly my kite! Which chapter? I was in Lambda Beta, at California State University Long Beach.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Delta Sigma Theta here
emsmiled.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2005 6:32:46 AM
Author: sharonzhere
Date: 5/11/2005 4:50:21 PM

Author: flopkins

sharonzhere- Another AOII here!!

Well, fly my kite! Which chapter? I was in Lambda Beta, at California State University Long Beach.

Sigma- UC Berkeley!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, ancient history of course, but I was Tri Delt at Berkeley during the Free Speech Movement, Vietnam, etc etc..

Being a Greek was NOT something you necessarily wanted to "advertise" to your fellow students and TAs in those days!

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget,
I was a Tri Delt too!!!

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Pi Beta Phi......

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I am a Phi Sigma Sigma and my fiance is a Sigma Alpha Epsilon, so I was involved a lot with his fraternity. He was their alumni advisor for a while, but now we just go to parties once in a while and just hang with some old brothers and their wives or girlfriends. As for my sorority, I wasn''t involved too much due to lack of money and time, but I still support my girls as much as I can.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another Delta Zeta here although it was quite a few years ago!!! It was so much fun and I made some great friends in sorority in college that I still keep in touch with to this day.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
The Greek System was huge and very influential at my school. I don''t think there was a way for you to feel a part of it unless you were Greek. 16 Sororities and 25 Fraternities....I was a DG and my husband was a Sigma Chi as were his grandfather and father. I loved it. It was such a huge part of my college life. I loved it.

reena

Ideal_Rock
firegoddess, clammer and sundial: fellow delta zeta here!
36.gif
go turtles!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 6:45:58 PM
Author: reena
firegoddess, clammer and sundial: fellow delta zeta here!
36.gif
go turtles!
Get out!!! DKZ to all.
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
FG, where did you go to school? I was at UVA.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Lehigh Univ. (PA)

memsy

Rough_Rock
I start every post with "i don''t really post that much, but.."

Just wanted to say hi to Jennyann- I''m a DPhiE too!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I was in AOTT... alpha omicron pi.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG...Greg went to Lehigh in PA as well.

I was almost in a sorority, I pledged along with one of my best friends, but we got kicked out.
9.gif
The funny part was we were the President and VP of the pledge class so it threw the sorority into a tizzy. Troublemakers.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 11:21:21 PM
Author: Mara
FG...Greg went to Lehigh in PA as well.

I was almost in a sorority, I pledged along with one of my best friends, but we got kicked out.
9.gif
The funny part was we were the President and VP of the pledge class so it threw the sorority into a tizzy. Troublemakers.
2.gif
How funny! It is a small world.
1.gif
Has he ever taken you there? It is a gorgeous campus. For all the distractions college provides...
2.gif
...it was always inspiring to be around such old, beautiful buildings. But a pain to walk up the side of a freakin mountain all the time. LOL.

Aren''t all greeks troublemakers on some level?
11.gif
You guys musta been pretty wild n crazy.
31.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, we went there a few years ago and walked the campus a bit, went into the library and spent some time walking around. He loved it there, loves the buildings...complained about the hills too! He's involved in an alumni way ... can't remember how exactly, but he did row there and donated to the 'new' boathouse (some years ago?) so his name is on the plaque. His mom lives about 15 minutes away and when we visit we go into Lehigh to have breakfast at his fave greasy spoon.

My college was very conservative, not like a typical college, and they had to fight to get the greek system incorporated way back when, so the sororities were super strict...definitely as much fun as everyone elses, you had to really behave or else...which obviously didn't work for us.
2.gif
20/20 hindsight it was more fun to be friends with those who were in sororities and just go to the parties than be IN one with all the rules and regs. Greg did the same thing...he was best friends with a guy in a frat and said it was better that way too! hehee.

suntravelgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma (KKG, Kappa for short). Sometimes called "Visa Visa Mastercard" although I certainly wasn''t one of the super wealthy ones. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being Greek was big when I was in college many moons ago...I pledged Alpha Phi but left college for a year to "find" myself (find myself out of parental help unless I hauled my butt back to school!) and so never was activated. My husband was in a frat too, and my cousin (who went to college with me). When I went back to school, the closest I got was becoming a little sister with a friend at the ATO house, they had some of the cutest guys at my school!
1.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I was an Alpha Xi Delta (AZD), Syracuse U., my boyfriend was Beta Theta Pi (Beta), University of Arizona. I joined the alumni chapter here in NYC, but I haven''t gone to any events, I joined the one in Los Angeles when I lived there too, also never attended. I want to, the events are just always on nights where I can''t attend.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 6:50:20 PM
Author: reena
FG, where did you go to school? I was at UVA.
Reena, say it isnt true... i have to hate you now!
2.gif
Im a Hokie. When did you graduate?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 9:58:15 PM
Author: windy1365
I was in AOTT... alpha omicron pi.

Yay! Glad to see another AOII... which chapter windy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results